• 5 Post By curt81
  • 3 Post By sheetsofemptycanvas
  • 3 Post By Davetherave
  • 3 Post By Chantel

Thread: Single over the holidays

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Anyone else in this boat? I find this is one of the hardest times of the year for me. I focus on my kids (who are the most important) and my friends and family but I just feel like there's that piece missing. I miss having a guy to buy for (my dad doesn't count lol), not that I had that with my last BF... he was a scrooge to the umpteenth degree. I miss having someone to share the joy of the holidays with. I'm just lonely, I guess Anyone want to commiserate? Pity party? I'll supply the wine...

This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Cheer up. One day you'll find the right man. I was in the same shoes last year. This Christmas I get to enjoy my first Christmas with my wonderful husband whom I just married on Saturday
    Crochetlady, Ciel, DaveP and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i love being single!! don't need a man to complete me or complicate MY life!!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I hate it lol. I wasn't made to be single.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in your boat for a few years after me and my ex-husband got divorced. It was hard especially after being use to spending it with someone for 18 years and 2 kids under my belt but honestly it was for the better. I got closer to my parents and kids, spent quality time with them on this special holiday. I rather be single and happy than have a man in my life that is miserable and doesn't share the same views of life and Christmas time. Christmas is my fav time of the year. I have now met someone and trust me you WILL TOO!! I use to think the same...."is there really that someone out there for me?" and people would tell me that in time it would so believe me it will happen to you as well. Just try to enjoy this time to yourself and spend Christmas with family and friends. Good luck !

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Bisexuality doubles your chance of getting a date! Keep that in mind over a glass of nog

PS you can buy for me.

PPS. All kidding aside, enjoy the time with the kiddos, always time for romance
    Crochetlady, Ciel, DaveP and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

REALLY not enjoying being single... all my friends tell me I'm so wonderful, beautiful, funny, loving, caring, etc. What good does it do me? And you know what makes it worse? A male friend of mine is in a new relationship and he's the biggest jerk on the planet... seeing him be all gushy and happy is just making me sick : (I AM truly happy for him, and he's not THAT big of a jerk lol)

I'm sorry, just needed to vent and I'm sure my friends are tired of listening to it
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Vent all you want! We are all good listeners here. I cant relate to your situation personally, but there are many others out there who feel the same. A year and a half ago, my daughter ended an 18 year Relationship. Even though she was the one who wanted out, it was devastating for her, especially during the Holidays. You put so much time an effort in a Relationship and when it ends, there is a period of grieving and it is much worse at Christime. Give yourself time. It`s strange that when you arent looking for someone, that`s when that someone comes into your life. In the meantime, enjoy Christmas with your children and the rest of the family. You never know what`s around the corner.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Thank you for the kind words... I know in my head that things will happen when they're supposed to happen, but my heart just hurts

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Upside is that you won't have to worry about leaving one set of relatives to wait for a break on the holiday visiting while you visit the other set to please the significant other.

Would suggest that you see if your kids could have 2h here and there with friends so you have that personal time to hang out at a favourite place, or crank up the music at the home or just find your nook to woolgather with pen/paper and a mug of something warm or hot.

I only realized today that my library will not be open on the 24th at all (usually a half day), so 4 days' closure means two extra days of no Internet. I'm ready to cry with you! Yes, I'm single. Still no laptop win on my horizon or I'd be making Starbucks part of my daily walks.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Yes, one day you will met that special someone. The love of my life pass away when I was still very young, For years I never thought that I will one day find it and I did and so will you. Like SnowFlaky mention:

It`s strange that when you arent looking for someone, that`s when that someone comes into your life. In the meantime, enjoy Christmas with your children and the rest of the family. You never know what`s around the corner............................................ .......
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know how you feel, as this is the reason why I don't like the holidays. It just makes me feel more lonely. I've been single for over 10 years now, lol, so I guess I should be use to it by now.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Some people are happy being single... I'm not one of those people lol
    Candini, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was single for many years than met my wife, it sure was difficult at first having her around all the time. I missed being single, just loved it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am not currently 'with' anyone. Last year at this time I was freshly engaged. Then he decided cheating was an A+ idea, so he's gone now.

It feels kind of refreshing, to be honest. Yes there are some things that I miss, like shopping for someone else and I do miss the rest of his family, who I was close to. And it seems everywhere you look this time of year it's just a vomit-trail of cutesy couple stuff. It really is no wonder people get depressed.

You have to ignore that and find happiness in other things. You have people other than a man, you did before and you do now. My best advice is to do anything and everything you can to keep yourself out of the sinkhole of sadness. It keeps sucking you down and the further you get in, the harder it is to get out.

Keep positive, look for the good. Spend time with people you care about who care about you. Stay busy. There are lots of great events going on this time of year (many free ones!) take your kids to as many as you can! Make memories instead of misery.

Thread Information