User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    can anyone recommend a lipstick that has a lot of moisture in it (as I deal with a dry mouth and very dry lips(not chapped just very dry ) -no chapstick helps but all the lipsticks I have covergirl, Maybelline suck (I am just getting into higher end makup slowly-I was looking at a stila one before xmas and if it cost 20-25 I don't care along as it is very moist going on -p.s don't like lip glosses that much as I am in my early 50's
    Sephora has a brand called Fresh that is amazing! It's tinted so it gives a bit of colour and really moisturizes your lips. I think it's around 28 a tube for a full sized one but I've had the sample sized tubes last me 9 months. I think Sephora also carries gift sets with 4 or 5 of them in different colours for around $50 at Christmas(or they used to). You can also layer lipsticks over them.
    The only downside is they tend to melt in the heat so if you carry it in your bag in the warmer months make sure to put it in a pouch or something so it doesn't melt all over your purse.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon-girl I know you're looking for lipsticks but have you tried the nuxe reve de miel lip balm? I had such chapped lips before using this and its honestly made such a difference. This is the one in the pot NOT the one in the tube (that one is much less moisturizing)

also if anyone has a sephora code they aren't using I'd love to have it
    coupon girl and Davetherave like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you for all the tips ladies -yes I really need to look into this -I wish my lips were just chapped -but when my mouth drys out 2 or 3 days a week my lips do too -I find nivea chapstick is very moisturizing when I go to bed -but I would like to try some lipsticks and I heard they don't last long -that's okay as long as they are super moisturizing
    Lyssia510, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Davetherave likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Lyssia510 and Davetherave like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Physician's Formula December 1, 2015 to November 30, 2016 NEW Mail In Rebates:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/104615-...1/#post6525538
    amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    There must be reviews on this on youtube or blogs. Tarte is known for blushes so the Blush and bronzers are good. I find that Tarte eyeshadows are hits and misses. There are better brands out there for eyesahadows i.e. Urban Decay.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Not specifically a make up question but rather a make up storage question. My niece (15year old) has gotten quite into make up and has asked for a table that will store her products plus be a vanity table (mirror). The only ones we've seen are tiny tables with minimal drawers. What do you all use for storing your products....? TIA
    Lyssia510, rockco, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Not specifically a make up question but rather a make up storage question. My niece (15year old) has gotten quite into make up and has asked for a table that will store her products plus be a vanity table (mirror). The only ones we've seen are tiny tables with minimal drawers. What do you all use for storing your products....? TIA

Include me too in your question. I have a make up storage problem and no dresser.
    rockco and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    I have it and was not impressed with it. The highlighter is really chalky, the bronzer is nice but a bit darker than the regular park avenue princess and the blush didn't blend well. The eyeshadows are okay, the two lighter purples and the gold are nice and pigmented, the dark purple and the browns don't show up that well and don't last the whole day even with primer.
    I like Tarte make up and own the regular sized bronzer and some blushes and never had an issue with any of them, maybe I got a bad palette.
    amira84, Arvilish and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have a vanity table with a open drawer(which is where my hair styling tools go), and then I use a metal version of this for my make up(you can find clear plastic ones at Winners/Homesense for under 20, and ones for brushes, lipstick etc).
    http://www.amazon.ca/InterDesign-Org...metics+storage
    I keep my brushes in pencil cups(you can buy organizers for brushes but mine came from Target and I can't bear to get rid of them), my foundation just stays on the top of my table, with my face creams/primers and everyday palettes.
    I know a lot of beauty bloggers use a desk with a lighted mirror and a combination of organizers from above. I've also seen a few use carts like this for stuff they don't use everyday:
    http://www.staples.ca/en/Seville-Cla...S8IBoCnLnw_wcB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I have it and was not impressed with it. The highlighter is really chalky, the bronzer is nice but a bit darker than the regular park avenue princess and the blush didn't blend well. The eyeshadows are okay, the two lighter purples and the gold are nice and pigmented, the dark purple and the browns don't show up that well and don't last the whole day even with primer.
    I like Tarte make up and own the regular sized bronzer and some blushes and never had an issue with any of them, maybe I got a bad palette.
    Thank you; did not order so saved money! May be money can be used to get chocolates? :p

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

BUMP: heard that Murale [whatever that is] is having sale; Spend $100 and get $40 gift card, valid from Jan 1 to 26th!

*Offer valid December 14 at 12 am EST – December 1911:59 pm EST in store and online on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Upon in store purchase, receive a $ 4 0 Gift Card for use in store only. Upon online purchase, receive a $ 4 0 Coupon Code for use online only. Gift Card and Coupon Code validJanuary 1 - 21, 2016. Online coupon code issued once order is shipped. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points promotions or offers. One Beauty Splurge card or Coupon Code per customer, per transaction.
    amira84, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I use a floating shelf from Jysk to store my daily use products, repurpose candle jars for my brushes and lipsticks, and keep a stack of plastic drawers underneath the shelf to either side of my legs, for additional product storage. I also use book ends to store my palettes neatly
    last time I was at Costco, I saw that they had the light up makeup mirror for around $40 (I paid way too much for mine at homesense)
    Last edited by Ivanasavalot; Mon, Dec 28th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    can anyone recommend a lipstick that has a lot of moisture in it (as I deal with a dry mouth and very dry lips(not chapped just very dry ) -no chapstick helps but all the lipsticks I have covergirl, Maybelline suck (I am just getting into higher end makup slowly-I was looking at a stila one before xmas and if it cost 20-25 I don't care along as it is very moist going on -p.s don't like lip glosses that much as I am in my early 50's
    Coupongirl, I have the same problems you do (dry lips/mouth/age) :D I am really enjoying Elizabeth Arden lipsticks, and for a cheaper version, the L'oreal colour riche line is very moisturizing
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information