User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Mass shooting, San Bernardino, Calif...likely domestic terrorism...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Now that I think of it, there are probably religious materials in our vehicle - usually an old chuch bulletin or two, sometimes with icon cards which are given away. Ooooo, scary Ukrainian Catholics!

sorry, off topic...
    Lynn49, DaveP, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yes, Natalka, mine too. I'm not religious but my wife is and she volunteers with a Christian organization so she often has pamphlets with inspirational verses lying around in the house or van. Even me, I support the Salvation Army, especially when they fundraise this time of year at local businesses and they give out small mini Christmas cards, I guess they are, with a Christmas scene on the outside and a verse from the NT on the inside.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    It may have been copies of The Watchtower. The Witnesses have been getting a bit more aggressive with their missionary work lately...

Daaaaaave. .. . . are you trying to get me going??. . . Lol!! Really? Just lately, huh? Yup we all carry weapons don't you know? Gotta keep up with the facts my dear. We don't promote violence or even hint of it. . .
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Daaaaaave. .. . . are you trying to get me going??. . . Lol!! Really? Just lately, huh? Yup we all carry weapons don't you know? Gotta keep up with the facts my dear. We don't promote violence or even hint of it. . .
    Big oops, I didn't know you were a Jehovah's Witness, and I meant no offense at all. Just trying to make a funny with a bit of a point. Jehovah's Witnesses with machine guns to coerce people to convert is obviously ridiculous. There are other people facing that choice at gunpoint though. It's a frightening world for a lot of people, a lot of families.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No worries Dave. . I'm surprised you forgot our big debate a few years ago, but I know you meant no harm my dear. . .not to worry.
    Just wouldn't want people to imagine even for a second Jw's even remotely radical. . . not our style. (as much as that may surprise some)
    Many world religions have been twisted and warped to suit the ends of evil individuals (that use violence and hate as their agenda)
    The real crime is they say they represent God.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

An interesting and unprecedented read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/op...=fb-share&_r=0

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, very well written. I think there's a real power struggle in high places over gun laws and that's why they haven't been successful with gun control. Really, it's such an integral part of American culture, it would be a massive undertaking and a complete change in their culture to do it.
    I don't envy any politicians trying to tackle that one.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes, very well written. I think there's a real power struggle in high places over gun laws and that's why they haven't been successful with gun control. Really, it's such an integral part of American culture, it would be a massive undertaking and a complete change in their culture to do it.
    I don't envy any politicians trying to tackle that one.
    The NRA has infiltrated the government so that it is almost impossible to make changes. Just this morning there was a doctor on CNN saying that it is even against the law since 1996 to even study the impact of gun violence. This is how they do it.

This is why every time I hear them spewing free this and that I think to myself you are not even remotely free in your country when laws like this are in place, among others.
    Lynn49 and MortgageQueen like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's still the wild-wild west down there, heaven help them. And wherever you seem to turn these days there's so much anger there...maybe here, too, but...jeepers I honestly would think twice about heading into some of those areas. Although I did feel safe in NYC, which is strange...comfort in numbers, perhaps...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It's still the wild-wild west down there, heaven help them. And wherever you seem to turn these days there's so much anger there...maybe here, too, but...jeepers I honestly would think twice about heading into some of those areas. Although I did feel safe in NYC, which is strange...comfort in numbers, perhaps...
    There is a lot of anger, and with all those guns, well let's just say may cooler heads prevail.

I saw an interesting talk on line yesterday and the woman was saying that when extreme right wing governments(who are usually fundamentalist "insert your religion of choice here") get into power you lose freedom. I think that deserves a hard look and the truth hurts.

Just imagine a Trump in the most powerful position in the world.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Just imagine a Trump in the most powerful position in the world.
    I've been thinking of Trump as a joke but I'm starting to think he might actually have a shot. Not just to be the Republican candidate but a shot at the Whitehouse. Now that'll keep you up at night.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I've been thinking of Trump as a joke but I'm starting to think he might actually have a shot. Not just to be the Republican candidate but a shot at the Whitehouse. Now that'll keep you up at night.

I do not disagree with you
    GoJays and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You don't disagree that he has a shot?. . . or that it will keep you up at night? Lol!!!
    Patty Smyth, GoJays and DaveP like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

You don't disagree that he has a shot?. . . or that it will keep you up at night? Lol!!!
    Both..
    Patty Smyth and DaveP like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yeah both!! lol
    DaveP and Darth Penguin like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information