User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Just what does a coconut mean?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

If we're counting the number of flowers and petals and whatnot, it's 25.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

fruit question is 14 and flower question is 25.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    If we're counting the number of flowers and petals and whatnot, it's 25.
    That was my answer too. Dh got 26 because he noticed there was only one yellow flower instead of 2 but he didn't notice the blue flower had 1 less petal.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't think it's fair to judge flowers by the number of petals they have....they're all beautiful.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I saw another similar photo math problem on Facebook and took a screenshot. I hope you don't mind me posting it here. This one has flowers instead of fruit... If anyone finds anymore of these post them here (if it's ok with @danger_dan the op ) or maybe start a new thread somewhere (if it's not).

Attachment 306099
    when I try to solve these sorts of things THIS happens!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

I have the same reaction to those rebus puzzles or most crossword puzzles...

I do ok with most riddles, soduku puzzles (easy or normal but I can't do hard or advanced ones), and math puzzles.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

That's my reaction to those...."two trains are ...."...whatever they're doing is something I'll never in a million years care about or use. I turn right off.
    Now...if we're discussing Shakespeare, I'm in!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    That's my reaction to those...."two trains are ...."...whatever they're doing is something I'll never in a million years care about or use. I turn right off.
    Now...if we're discussing Shakespeare, I'm in!
    I hated Shakespeare. Julius Caesar in Grade 10, I think. I'd always done well in school without trying too hard then Julius Caesar. It was incomprehensible, it terrified me. I had never failed in school before, now I knew I could.

I bought the Coles Notes for it that had a line by line translation of the play and notes explaining everything. I studied for weeks and aced the test.

I'm just rambling now, but I had a similar thing happen in 12th grade. In grade 11 I took pre-calculus math. Didn't do so good, got a mark in the 60s somewhere. The teacher suggested I take regular math and not the advanced in Grade 12. I didn't listen and failed my first test, a 44. That same teacher told my parents I needed to switch to regular math. I found that out years later, my parents said nothing to me at the time.

I stole a book from the shelves at the back of the classroom. And I worked the problems in it for hours every night, listening to Tchaikovsky on cassette. Night after night, hours and hours - hundreds of hours, I was just afraid to fail.

The teacher handed the exams back. All under 80 were passed out randomly. Then 80 and above in order. He kept calling names, and they weren't me. Then he called me and when I took the test from him he said you have the highest mark.

I don't know which of us was more surprised.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hated Shakespeare. Julius Caesar in Grade 10, I think. I'd always done well in school without trying too hard then Julius Caesar. It was incomprehensible, it terrified me. I had never failed in school before, now I knew I could.

I bought the Coles Notes for it that had a line by line translation of the play and notes explaining everything. I studied for weeks and aced the test.

I'm just rambling now, but I had a similar thing happen in 12th grade. In grade 11 I took pre-calculus math. Didn't do so good, got a mark in the 60s somewhere. The teacher suggested I take regular math and not the advanced in Grade 12. I didn't listen and failed my first test, a 44. That same teacher told my parents I needed to switch to regular math. I found that out years later, my parents said nothing to me at the time.

I stole a book from the shelves at the back of the classroom. And I worked the problems in it for hours every night, listening to Tchaikovsky on cassette. Night after night, hours and hours - hundreds of hours, I was just afraid to fail.

The teacher handed the exams back. All under 80 were passed out randomly. Then 80 and above in order. He kept calling names, and they weren't me. Then he called me and when I took the test from him he said you have the highest mark.

I don't know which of us was more surprised.
    What a great story, DaveP! Just shows what we can do when we put our minds to it...I hear you about being "floored"...one year, iirc, grade 10, I came first in English...can't beat the feeling, can you?

As for Julius Caesar...loved, loved, loved it!!!!! We even went as a classroom to Stratford to see it...it's still my favourite play and he's still my favourite guy. Caesar. Then Shakespeare.
    It was so weird, though...I could read it as if I were reading normal, everyday prose..never or rarely had to flip to the back pages for an interpretation. Our DD was the same; it was like we were reading normal English. Our Grandson reads 2 grades above his level, so we're wondering if he'll do the same. Hope I'm around to see it!
    I still have a small, leather-bound copy of Julius Caesar and pick it up every so often to read portions of it.....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I saw another similar photo math problem on Facebook and took a screenshot. I hope you don't mind me posting it here. This one has flowers instead of fruit... If anyone finds anymore of these post them here (if it's ok with @danger_dan the op ) or maybe start a new thread somewhere (if it's not).
    absolutely!
    I'm extremely happy with the variety of responses. It's amazing to read and follow along with the thought processes of others to see if/when someone comes to the conclusions that you come to.
    AIDN1, francine1985, DaveP and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

OMG - I totally misinterpreted the thread by the title ("just what does coconut mean")... glad I opened it and saw it wasnt about that racist saying... whew!
    DaveP and danger_dan like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    OMG - I totally misinterpreted the thread by the title ("just what does coconut mean")... glad I opened it and saw it wasnt about that racist saying... whew!
    I had to look that up. Same meaning as an oreo. Never heard it before.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

My answer for the coconut question is a daiquiri

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

A gross fruit.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I had to look that up. Same meaning as an oreo. Never heard it before.
    yup, oreo and apple.... this caused a slight spike in my blood pressure - lol!!!!
    DaveP likes this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information