• 2 Post By DiamondLil
  • 1 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 2 Post By Rubialoca

Thread: Baby shower gifts??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello all, please help me!!

I was recently invited to a baby shower, and this is the first baby shower I have been invited to.
    As I am not a mom myself, and have yet to attend a baby shower I feel completely lost on what
    kind of shower gift I should buy.

I would like to know what kind if budget people typically stick with, and what kind of gifts are good idea.
    Please help give me some ideas, as I would love to make this new mommy to be happy with a gift she will
    use!

Thank you!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SnowFlakey and luvthefree like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i like to give books at baby showers, but they can get expensive. i find that most people give baby outfits and blankets but you get so many cute little things that you can't really get much use out of any of them. the baby outgrows them before you know it. toys are a good choice too. especially bath toys. hope this helps. syndi
    SnowFlakey and love00 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Basket of kids' books - you don't have to buy many, package them up with maybe a bath book and a rubber duckie.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quite often they're registered somewhere, but I find most of the things on their lists are the larger, more expensive things...I love the idea of books and they don't have to be expensive...you can find a section in Chapters of on-sale baby books, Walmart has some...put them into a nice box they can keep them in (use your Michaels coupon)...and I love including something for the new Mom...a lovely body lotion, etc...

I just hope they don't play those stupid baby shower games! GAH!!! They're enough to have made me want to not attend any showers, although I forced myself to go. Cranky, eh?
    DiamondLil, SnowFlakey and love00 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like to also include something for the mommy too. Depending on your budget it could be gift certificate for pedicure, massage, or restaurant, or if your willing free babysitting. Your budget should be determined by what you can afford and how well you know the friend.

As a mom of 2 some of my favourite gifts to send and receive are ones that grow with the child for their many stages. If you're crafty something homemade is nice too.

you can never go wrong with diapers/wipes, I like to buy bigger sizes as most people buy smaller ones which babies can outgrow before they use them.

have fun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I generally think outside the box and fast forward 5-6 months and purchase pablum (baby cereal), baby food (fruits, veggies) teething cookies, I'm generally the only one that purchase this stuff and people think it's a great idea. Also wipes, you can never have enough wipes & zincofax (bum cream). Laundry detergent is another great one. Have fun shopping, everyones budget is different buy what you can afford to buy that is a good rule of thumb.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good point about the gift registry-- I will look to see if they have one, but i suspect you will be right and the gifts will probably be more expensive items. I am liking the book idea that everyone is mentioning!

(I am sure there will be those silly baby games haha)
    SnowFlakey likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you everyone for the ideas.... I am thinking I might do a cute basket with some baby books, baby food, baby wipes, and something for mom!
    SnowFlakey and couponkrystal like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

diapers are always great gifts - its certainly something the baby will use. Maybe get size 1 or 2 diapers and baby wipes, or another idea is a gift card from Walmart or similar store so the parents can pick out something they need for the baby after he/shes born.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I like to give Diaper Cakes. If you dont know what Diaper Cakes are, just Google it. Im being invited to a baby shower for my neice who lives in Kingston, ON. Kinda far for me to travel, so im thinking of sending her a GC from Babies`R`US. This way she can get whatever she needs or put it towards something bigger. Unfortunately baby items are big business nowadays, not like when i had mine, and the stuff gets very expensive.
    love00 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I give medicine. Camilia for teething, little tummys, Tylenol, calendula cream for skin issues. It's nice to have that stuff at home before baby needs it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information