User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: FYI - RCSS changing price match policy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Really doubt they would do 1 coupon per customer... Coupons are like money to them so why would they want lower sales? Makes zero sense and will stay as a rumor
    I wanted to buy 3 packages of Schneiders pepperettes and I had 3 of the 2.50 coupons from the booklet and they only accepted 1. I went to customer service on the way out and they said that that was the new policy. She said that price matching was changing too but I raraely do that so I didn't bother to ask

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used a bunch of the same printable coupon yesterday no problems

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Superstore's price match policy always was - it just wasn't being enforced - major supermarket competitors (and in the geographical area of where the Superstore is located). So all they are doing now is getting back to the policy and enforcing it. I've heard that they'll be limiting price matching to 4 items.

For coupons, you want to purchase six Del Monte juices, you'll only be able to use one coupon (not 6). Same with multiples of another item - a coupon on one of them, the rest no coupon used. Though I usually only use 1 or 2 coupons for one product anyways, no big deal.....however, personally, I think a limit of 4 or maybe 6 coupons for one product would be better.

Stores lose money through price matching. As for coupons, what we don't hear of is how much they lose with fraudulent coupons.

The percentage of people who do a lot of price matching and/or coupon use vs. the percentage of people who don't, or only price match and/or use a coupon on one or two things, is small. Stores get many complaints from those who don't price match/coupon (or only do a couple items with either) that they come in and can't get the product they are looking for - and it is often because those heavy into it have basically cleared the shelves because there was a good price match from a competitor and/or a good coupon for said product. Stores have to try and balance out things between the 2 types of shoppers.
    Anna Michele and LunchLady like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Sunday, at the SS in Windsor, she told the changes to the coupon policy effective April 15 were that you can only pricematch 4 of the same item and they would only accept 4 of the same coupon. Not too bad. The lady knows me very well from couponing so if there were more changes , she'd have told me.

Almost forgot, no more price matching Shoppers.
    Last edited by LunchLady; Mon, Apr 11th, 2016 at 03:53 PM.
    Anna Michele, web3 and toronto166 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

guess Walmart is going to get a lot busier.
    ROMEO, web3, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Anyone have any info on which local competitors the Oakville, ON store will be price matching?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi
    I started calling the Superstore in Ottawa West the Not So Superstore as they stopped selling some products they always used to carry and a lot of empty shelves. The Walmart in Gatineau, Quebec does price matches for stores within a 30 km radius. No matter what side of the river. Quebec or Ottawa, Ontario. Superstore is going to lose my business if they change their price matching policy. At least Maxi in Quebec does price matching but only for some Gatineau stores.
    GatineauGirl and toronto166 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi
    I started calling the Superstore in Ottawa West the Not So Superstore as they stopped selling some products they always used to carry and a lot of empty shelves. The Walmart in Gatineau, Quebec does price matches for stores within a 30 km radius. No matter what side of the river. Quebec or Ottawa, Ontario. Superstore is going to lose my business if they change their price matching policy. At least Maxi in Quebec does price matching but only for some Gatineau stores.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The RCSS that I shopped at does not price match any chinese flyer only the big stores like Frescho, Loblaws, Walmart No Frills , Sobeys etc I was there this morning and was able to Still price match and used coupons for my items so finger cross no changes to mine. As for price matching I price matched most of my groceries and used coupons but I am very organized and usually tells the person that is in line that I will be price matching and couponing at the same time so the know it can go fast depending on the cashier how fast she can read the ad and coupons. At the end of the day I am saving my hard earn money . I feel if the store policy offering price matching I am entitled to do so I am also a customer just like everyone else only smarter with my savings

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

they price match reasonably, take coupons easily and offer lots of bonus points offers in a system that allows you to hold on to a bonus offer for up to 3 weeks.

really, they aren't the criminals some people are making them out to be :p
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
    Hi
    Wow....lots of good information here....thanks for sharing, spider!! (I don't usually shop in Gatineau because I perceive resentment towards me because I am English.) I had no idea that Walmart in Gatineau would pricematch anywhere within a 30 km radius...very interesting!
    toronto166 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Gatineau Girl
    Wow - I sometimes feel the same way as an English Quebecer. The Walmart that told me they price matched Ottawa flyers was the one on Plateau. It is so close to Ottawa I guess it was a no brainer.
    GatineauGirl and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
    Hi Gatineau Girl
    Wow - I sometimes feel the same way as an English Quebecer. The Walmart that told me they price matched Ottawa flyers was the one on Plateau. It is so close to Ottawa I guess it was a no brainer.

Walmart's policy on price matching is (*or was) to price match any nationally advertised major competitor... so I'm not really surprised at that.

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    they price match reasonably, take coupons easily and offer lots of bonus points offers in a system that allows you to hold on to a bonus offer for up to 3 weeks.

really, they aren't the criminals some people are making them out to be :p

I agree Anisa... just because RCSS isnt doing the same as Walmart doesnt mean what they are doing is unfair nor unreasonable. (and no, I'm not saying that anyone here has suggested that) -- But do think RCSS's policy reminder/enforcement is justified. To price match only local major competitors... those that adhere to the SCoP (in the event of misprints, etc)... and to limit the price matching quantities. That's not at all unreasonable. I dont think they ought to be held accountable for matching the prices of a store that's 100s of miles away, nor one that they themselves might not be accountable for a price and/or probably dont have the inventory to support a high demand (eg the small Chinese markets and Mom & Pops)

I actually even surprised they'll match Giant Tiger as I consider them to be quite a small-inventory reseller as well.
    Anna Michele and GatineauGirl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post

A local store manager's bonuses (and their staff's) are directly affected by the amount each specific store makes in profit... not what RCSS or Galen Weston makes nationally and/or annually, but purely on that single store's performance. So, let's say corporate dictates a "national" policy that the manager MUST price match nationally printed ads (as opposed to only local ones). Then that price match comes out of his/her local store's bottom-line
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post

Stores lose money through price matching.
    Just to clarify these points. Stores don't lose money through price matching. The banner has agreements with their suppliers, guaranteeing lowest prices, and the difference between regular price and price paid by price matchers is recovered from the manufacturer/supplier. So Coke, Kraft, Pepsi Co. pay for the price matching, not the store.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Many Walmart stores changed back to local or provincial price-matching.
    I am surprised that RCSS will PM Giant Tiger too as the No Frills stores here do not despite GT stores very close to some of them
    toronto166 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information