User Tag List

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am watching a special on PBS on the Carpenters-talk about taking me back 40 or more years. My daughters band played one of their pieces the other night during their concert so their songs really are timeless. Speaking of DD she turns 17 next Saturday so she is busily planning a sleepover and taking a couple of friends out for dinner-of course Mum and Dad are not invited but we are welcome to pay and chauffeur-lol. I am going away the day after her birthday-and last year I got home the day before her birthday-I better smarten up-lol. Today I purchased our travel insurance for the next year-I found it very reasonable-they give 10% off for members and they have a family rate as well-considering DH and I are not exactly spring chickens I thought $380 for unlimited 30 day(max) trips for the 3 of us for 12 months was a good deal-given healthcare costs in the US etc. Supposed to get 5 cm of snow overnight in the higher elevations of Calgary-which means us-yuck.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, May 21st, 2016 at 10:24 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @saundyl : How do you find etsy for selling your handmade items? Are there costs involved? what do you think of it?

My mom is asking and thinking about selling her knitted scarves.
    I haven't tried etsy yet. I got as far as setting up my account and taking pics. Then I advertised my scarves through Facebook and sold a bunch.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I order from WM online every month or so, but always hit the minimum for free shipping. Shipping is usually a week, and I've never had them be late, sometimes a day early. In big cities, they have free pickup in store, but not us.

When my son needed a phone case, he ordered off Amazon as well.

Sun is shining today, and our lilacs are finally out! YAY!

Hope you all have a great day!
    We don't get free shipping in the nwt....anything we order ends up with hundred dollar shipping fee tacked on

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning all,

Quiet day here, 2 loads of laundry washed and hanging out to dry.

Supper is pork chops with rice.

Ds2 has his appointment tonight, I'm hoping to run into WM quickly after it, however, it's the Survivor finale so we'll see time wise .

I really need a pvr but they are so expensive to buy out, has anyone purchased a hard drive to attach to their receiver?

My list from the new flyers is all done and coupon matchups as well.

It's so cold, I'm debating on wether or not to make a fire.

Well off to figure out what I will have for lunch and see if I can bring up a few things to our new room.

Wishing everyone a great day
    We called shaw back in Jan. Got a great service rep on the line that noted out 19 yr history and on time in full payments.....as well as our comnentabout loyalty to the company rarely being rewarded but people can cancel and sign up with a different name (ie taking bf off and me opening an acount) he got us a new pvr free based off the loyalty and on time in full payments. We did pay 13 dollars Shipping.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We got back from the in-laws tonight and it sounds terrible, but I'm so happy that they live far away. LO hung about a bit in the second-hand smoke, listened to the foul language, and was given a few inappropriate toys. She did inherit some Lego, which does mean a lot of cleaning for me.

On the bright side, now that the visit is out of the way, the weekend is looking up! Laundry, laundry, laundry and then some new recipes to try out. Perhaps we'll try some blueberry pancakes and some pasta with homemade meatballs. I fear LO will just eat the meatballs and leave the rest. I look forward to the day when I no longer have to mince her food to get her to eat everything.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had a bit of moment yesterday. Since we do not really buy any extras as the $$$$ got tighter and tighter I stopped our grocery shopping, we weren't going hungry but everything we had was frozen and fresh produce was extremely limited. I could not take it any longer yesterday and took some of my stashed away money and went to the store. I got Mushrooms, Strawberries, Bananas & Tomatoes, in total cost my under $10 but opens up so many doors when it comes to cooking.

As well yesterday I cleaned the kitchen, feel like this is a losing battle, I mean this whole eating thing just messes with my clean kitchen.

I also removed everything from our stockpile shelves and put down foam board Mom got at work and cut to size. Since she ordered the large framing board sheets and cut them down and her discount this also cost us under $10. I also removed 5 bags of garbage that were in the stockpile room from when we cleaned the shelves off.

I also cleaned out a metal cupboard we have in the basement were I keep everything I have up for sale. I organized it to make it easier to find things but also made room to add more.

So far today I have made pizza sauce using up some leftovers from the fridge, as well I have a batch of dough going in the bread machine. My plan is to make homemade pizza pockets for the freezer.

Today I really want to focus on how can we get more organized. It is driving me insane that we are capable of doing this but honestly it comes down to laziness and exhaustion. We are more then capable of having a freezer full of frozen meals we just need to reheat/cook but it is taking the time to do so. Mom just keeps procrastinating that she will do it later and I am just so freaking worn down from work.

Have a great day everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well staying in-I have a cold and bit of a fever that comes and goes
    -yesterday got a few annuals at lowes garden centre and a few other items -saved 1.38 in save the tax day
    -just popped over to shoppers got 4,000 when you spend 20.00 on food and a few good deals -oh and bulk barn saved 3.00 when you spend 10.00

-hey it all helps out in the bigger picture
    -hubby is doing his yearly garage pull everything out then put it back in better -organization

-oh and got fibre one granola bars managers special at shoppers for 1.29 after the stickers got 2 boxes
    -today bbq hamburgers corn on cob ,salad for supper
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -wow on the organizing! It's tough to plan ahead but having that bread machine assist in realizing those pizza pockets is awesome. You might have noticed a humidity/heatwave in the forecast for next week. Frozen items might be just the ticket for dinners. The defrost time will be quick. Treat yourself to a soak or hammock/outdoor time for all you do today.
    @Andit -yes, keeping a sweater or light jacket for those wintry chilly nights is a good thing. The more portable or foldable, the better in this on/off spring/summer like/winterlike season. I had read your earlier post about the bff who ensured the house sale went to a couple that his neighbours will get along with-that is such a generous gesture on his end, considering all he's had to put up with his siblings. Really rooting for him to find a place for the closing date. Ideally with his pets but maybe he may consider other homes willing to take them on if the home/apartment search is long?
    @lizzie bargain -saw mention of Calgary's snowfall. Guess it's back to spwinter for the city. Too bad the snow is not falling on Fort McMurray-it would give any creatures still there (wild and otherwise) some cooling off time.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I decided to just cut off the seams on the silk shirt and go for pinning the same blouse pieces (from Nov. project used on the white shirt fabric) on the fabric but I will use a different collar from an envelope pattern. I spent about two hours pondering what I had to do before cutting. Some pattern pieces will be a touch shorter. I have to piece a smaller part of fabric to the yoke piece to ensure the higher back neckline is in place so I can do a V-neck front with narrow collar (actual pattern piece is for a wider collar but I don't want that much fabric on the collar). Even the pocket piece is cut up because I need that piece of fabric somewhere. If I do get to making a pocket, it will be a patchwork of the trimmings, that is how little there is left to work with. I plan to cut off the buttonhole placket and put it on the right side after I turn it upside down-it's already interfaced and has buttonholes, why do more work?
    Goal is to finish fabric cutting tomorrow and get the shirt sewn too-to be ready for the heatwave. I may be able to get away with not having to press it after every wash-that would be good.

No budget to get any frozen treats until Friday but will work through the PC Blue Menu sparkling water as needed.
    Have a cauliflower head I need to either turn into curried soup or roasted veg-still cannot decide but it's a Mon am call to get over with.

Two neighbours held their firework displays last night. We were startled by the second one (about 15 or 20 min after the first one) as windows were open and the sounds seemed like something had struck the house. Those windows quickly got closed.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well staying in-I have a cold and bit of a fever that comes and goes
    -yesterday got a few annuals at lowes garden centre and a few other items -saved 1.38 in save the tax day
    -just popped over to shoppers got 4,000 when you spend 20.00 on food and a few good deals -oh and bulk barn saved 3.00 when you spend 10.00

-hey it all helps out in the bigger picture
    -hubby is doing his yearly garage pull everything out then put it back in better -organization

-oh and got fibre one granola bars managers special at shoppers for 1.29 after the stickers got 2 boxes
    -today bbq hamburgers corn on cob ,salad for supper
    Good deal on the Bulk Barn shopping! Wish to return for stock-up on dried fruits before the coupon expires-baking is back for me.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The gardens are built and the dirt is in them. I am going to give them a few days for the dirt to settle and then start planting. We had lunch on the deck today which was lovely. The back yard looks great and all ready for the nice weather.
    Dh and I went to Walmart and as you know I am not a fan but he needs a new trimmer. I was very impressed with their plants and may go back for a few more. I also took advantage of the tide and flings offer that J & C pointed out in another thread. We each did the transaction and saved a total of 18.00 in coupons and the same in Checkout 51. It means both accounts can cash out. This is nice as it has been a while since I cashed out. Maybe I will have to keep an open mind on Walmart.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I decided if I would clean out my closet today, not quite sure why but the mood struck me. I am about 3/4 ways through and think I will stop for today.

I have a number of things to post for sale as well as a basket full of I am not sure. I think my main issue is not knowing if/when I will be able to buy new clothes. My style has changed quite a bit over the past couple of years but unless something changes I am going to have to make these cloths last another season. As it is I am still swearing sweaters to work because I have sweaters I was able to buy before our money situation happened. I am going to have to get creative but I am up for the challenge.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We planted the tomato plants today. 3 different types. Tomorrow morning we will plant the rest. Peppers,beans,peas, carrots, radishes, squash, kale, lettuce and I'm sure other stuff I don't remember. Can't wait to watch it grow! Stocked up Ds on his dove men shampoo at $1 a bottle and pc pts for me. Told him he has a year supply and not to waste it. Steak and fixings for dinner tonight. And maybe one Corona. I had way too much wine Friday night ��

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Fyi I had spend $30 get 3000 pc pts. I used $20 in coupons and only paid $23 and still got the points.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper tonight was hotdogs with pasta salad and bean salad and coconut cream pie which was on 50% ($2.50).

Dh & I ran out to return 2 movies he rented yesterday and I wanted to use the rest of my bacon coupons. So happy I'm well stocked but have tons of the b2g1 free bacon coupons that I am hoping to trade for some bacon coupons. I did get 7 boxes of those stuffed chicken boxes, it will be nice to have on hand for those lazy days .

Organized 1/2 my coupons and started my tradelist such a big job when getting back into the swing of things BUT will definitely help the budget. I already noticed a huge amount of savings in the last week alone so I'm motivated.

Tomorrow's supper will be partridge balls (aka chicken balls) served with some rice and veggies.

Ds1 hung 3 curtain rods for me today so I now have curtains in our new room, he also changed 2 door knobs that were not working properly, great practice as he wants to be a contractor (carpenter) all types of experience is good for him.

The truckload of Mushroom compost has been spread in the garden, tomorrow will involve the boys tilling the garden to get the mushroom compost blended in.

Well that's it for now folks, wishing everyone a great evening and enjoy the last day of the Long weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information