User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: When do YOU redeem your points/rewards?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have redeemed my Shoppers Optimum points for a neck water pillow, obus forme for in the car, Bionaire air cleaner, gift sets at Christmas, Canon printer, heating pad, vitamins and everyday products. Next will be an Acer laptop.

I redeem my PC points as soon as they hit 20,000 towards groceries.

It takes forever for Air Miles so when I reach 95,000 I redeem towards groceries.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

SDM - I am a teacher so quite often, I save for the summer when I have no pay check coming in. Helps reduce credit card bills. As well, I buy after Christmas to offset spending in December when I am trying to pay off Christmas. As well, sometimes I use them to buy things that don't usually go on sale like vitamins for my furbaby.

AM - For groceries, when they have the " Spend 95 AM on $10 of groc, get 25 AM free" It makes them go a little further.

PC - Previously, I waited until summer for the above reason. Recently, I have been in a cash crunch so I have been using them to offset groceries to get us in the black. I find these add up slower than other points.

Aeroplan miles - Still not sure when I will use these, but would like to take the kids to Vancouver someday in the next few years. We will see.
    barbis9, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    SDM - I am a teacher so quite often, I save for the summer when I have no pay check coming in. Helps reduce credit card bills. As well, I buy after Christmas to offset spending in December when I am trying to pay off Christmas. As well, sometimes I use them to buy things that don't usually go on sale like vitamins for my furbaby.

AM - For groceries, when they have the " Spend 95 AM on $10 of groc, get 25 AM free" It makes them go a little further.

PC - Previously, I waited until summer for the above reason. Recently, I have been in a cash crunch so I have been using them to offset groceries to get us in the black. I find these add up slower than other points.

Aeroplan miles - Still not sure when I will use these, but would like to take the kids to Vancouver someday in the next few years. We will see.
    You can redeem aeroplan points for Costco gift cards and use that towards groceries if you are in cash crunch.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Feb 7th, 2017 at 10:05 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I use my sdm points as i get enough to redeem and in a community that there is a shoppers.

Pc points I save until I'm at a store I can redeem at in Alberta or saskatchewan. Usually at sround 60 dollars worth or points. I earn with pc plus as well as my mastercard which is good since the nearest pc plus related store is 3 hours away.
    Air miles I redeem as I have enough to redeem. Esso I get to $25 and order a gift card. Aeroplan I do the same.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Tue, Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:55 AM.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    You can redeem aeroplan points for Costco gift cards and use that towards groceries if you are in cash crunch.
    Thanks for the idea.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Shoppers I usually wait until I hit $60 to redeem. I alternate between buying my make up/skin care and household stuff. I save my points from Sept-end of Nov for Christmas presents.
    Pc points I usually cash out as soon as there's enough, unless I know the kids are going to need stuff and then I hold on to them until I have $100 and redeem for gift cards.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This year ive been saving mine since just before Christmas with pc plus and esso. Ill use them probably in may when we go 9 hrs south to grande prairie.

After 2 yrs i finally have enough aeromiles to get a 50 dollar gas card. 40 dollars in airmiles cash rewards after 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    barbis9, macw1960 and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Spent all my Aeroplan points before retirement. Still have a whack of hotel points to enjoy.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I usually cashed out my pc points at 20$ for reduce grocery bill or purchase some joe fresh clothes
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still have 700000 Hilton points I need to use. Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPhone
    barbis9, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

PC points I use when I have enough to redeem, AM'S when I feel like it and CT cash on the card when I need something. Aeroplan takes me forever along with SDM.
    barbis9, cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

AE Points are hard since unless you are top tier you cannot find good redemptions IMHO.

SDM accumulates when in country. Use as needed.

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Oct 6th, 2017 at 05:00 PM.
    barbis9, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I usually cashed out my pc points at 20$ for reduce grocery bill or purchase some joe fresh clothes
    It's nice that they do have the clothing in some stores. I need to start looking at their work out wear and see what I can find.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

My plan this year is to save my points for December to offset costs, no matter how much I budget I always go over on Christmas! Right now I have about $220 in PC points, $30 in optimum points (almost $60) $20 in Airmiles and around $18 in CT money.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What is your plan for your points for 2018? I am going to redeem PC points for a bit of a stock up soon.

My totals as of now:

$693.00 PC points (this will be Feb 1st total including my 112,000 SDM points) Not bad since I had redeemed last year (including a smart tv!!) And I hadn't been using my credit card much since I was not spending much.

$60 CT money on the card (about $27 in CT paper money too)

24 Airmiles lol Really only get them at Foodland if they have promos (will buy gc again when they have bonus airmiles)

That's about it for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information