User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
Like Tree1943Likes

Thread: August 2016 Frugal Chatter thread - ALL WELCOME!!!

KJH
    Male
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I made $7 this morning from selling extra zucchinis and tomatoes from my garden. The twins napped for 2hrs this morning, so I spent this time in the back yard with the older kids. I was able to get a lot of weeding done in the yard. I wear gloves, but my finger is still sore from it. It looks like we are probably buying the van in town that has a lot of the "bells and whistles." Dh climbed underneath of it yesterday after work to check it out and he is quite happy. I have a haircut booked for tonight. I only get my long hair cut twice a year, it's getting too long.
    Every little bit helps, I have rhubarb to sell but no takers! I live in a very small town

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Still hanging in there. I overdid it a bit, so took a bit of time to relax at the condo (ironically, there is no internet downtown, but I have internet in the 'burbs ). Still going through 4 decades of memories, so taking my own sweet time to relive them and let go of items. Right now, I'm trying to figure out whether there is a market for some of my old clothes (barely worn leather skirts and business-type clothes). If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them (I know I can donate the items, but, quite frankly, I could use some $ to pay off CC debt, besides I've already donated several bins' worth of nice clothes).

Brats are doing well, up to their usual shenanigans. Quincy cat has followed Lily dog's lead and is now quite proficient at training any and all guests to dole out treats. The minute anyone enters, a loud "MurrrrOWWWW" deafens us, and the short one sits beside his dish.

Better go cuddle with the brats, they're a bit clingy still.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Andi try the Singing Lady. Sometimes they will take these kinds of items on consignment.

http://thesinginglady.com/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Still hanging in there. I overdid it a bit, so took a bit of time to relax at the condo (ironically, there is no internet downtown, but I have internet in the 'burbs ). Still going through 4 decades of memories, so taking my own sweet time to relive them and let go of items. Right now, I'm trying to figure out whether there is a market for some of my old clothes (barely worn leather skirts and business-type clothes). If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them (I know I can donate the items, but, quite frankly, I could use some $ to pay off CC debt, besides I've already donated several bins' worth of nice clothes).

Brats are doing well, up to their usual shenanigans. Quincy cat has followed Lily dog's lead and is now quite proficient at training any and all guests to dole out treats. The minute anyone enters, a loud "MurrrrOWWWW" deafens us, and the short one sits beside his dish.

Better go cuddle with the brats, they're a bit clingy still.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    I agree with the suggestion to locate consignment shops-there's one in Rosedale that deals in some designer items-and see what they'll take to sell. Another idea is to join those student union forums for buying and selling to see if someone might be looking for the very things you are selling. Third idea-any place near you holding a local community sale for modest table price on a Saturday? (Glad to see you made a stop to update us on your journey, @Andit . Think of you often and your BFF too.)
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread Information