• 4 Post By mulock
  • 3 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By Silk
  • 1 Post By Durham Couponer
  • 2 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Toronto Star - Ellen Roseman- Sign her Petition to stop Air Miles unfair expiry

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles
    Thumpersmom, Silk and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Unless Canadians complain a lot and send a stern message, Air Miles won't do anything. A huge public backlash has to take place.

A one time transfer from Dream Miles to Cash miles should be allowed for people who are stuck with their crappy Dream miles and can't redeem them for anything.
    Thumpersmom, mulock and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I abandoned AirMiles a few years ago and no longer focus on earning them. I found it just took too long to earn, too difficult to redeem, and not worth it compared to other loyalty programs.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think Airmiles will switch dream miles to cash miles because it would put to much liability on the part of cash Airmiles retailers.I do think they might cancel the December 31,2016 expiry date because Aeroplan did cancel their expiry date after much pressure on them to do so.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I don't think Airmiles will switch dream miles to cash miles because it would put to much liability on the part of cash Airmiles retailers.I do think they might cancel the December 31,2016 expiry date because Aeroplan did cancel their expiry date after much pressure on them to do so.
    They used to give $ 10 GC for Dream Miles for every 95 AM for the various retailers, not much different than redeeming the same $ 10 at cash.

The retailers pay when they give out miles, there is a cost associated for them.

I don't think they pay again, when the AM are redeemed at their cash register, otherwise its double dipping. Its like a coupon for them and they get reimbursed by Air Miles, when people redeem at their cash.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Please share this on FB , Twitter, Forums etc. The more signatures the better.
    Newfiescreech and Silk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I hope people sign. A lawyer is trying to get a class action suit going against Air Miles and this petition could be helpful. If nothing else it could delay the December 2016 deadline for using the AM.

I will post a link with more info on that as soon I can check my notes.

Silk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's September expires too- has everyone requested their online expiry date reports?

I think it's OK that the points expire after 5 years but it's not okay that they're so hard to redeem!
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    As far as I know Aeroplan has not cancelled their expiry date policy. I had enough aeroplan points (enough to get a stroller for my newly born baby). I went to cash in for the stroller, only to be told that I had surpassed my expiry date by 5 days. They would not, under any circumstance, re-instate them. I told them that I was in the hospital, and they said it was up to me to go out and buy some gas at Esso to keep my points up to date. Then I was told, (and I am NOT kidding here!), that "it doesn't matter if you're dying of cancer, and are getting chemo, we still wouldn't re-instate them. It's not our problem that people don't keep track of their points." Believe me, I talked to manager after manager, after that comment. Needless to say, nothing was done, and I lost all my points that I'd been saving for 15 years.

I just used my Airmiles to rent a car for a few days. Not only do I still have to pay $36 in fees and taxes, I also have to pay another $10, plus taxes in "booking" fees. BS

It's an absolute ridiculous system.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I hope people sign. A lawyer is trying to get a class action suit going against Air Miles and this petition could be helpful. If nothing else it could delay the December 2016 deadline for using the AM.

I will post a link with more info on that as soon I can check my notes.

Silk

Here's the link I posted about:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFin...n_looking_for/

“JSS Barristers is currently evaluating a potential class action against Air Miles and its parent company LoyaltyOne. If you have any concerns or complaints regarding your use of or experience with the Air Miles program, please contact Andrew Wilson ([email protected]) or Kajal Ervin ([email protected]).”

Also, this a link to the open letter to air miles that is mentioned at the above site.

http://boomerandecho.com/open-letter-air-miles/

And here's another petition - this time to the attention of AM sponsors:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/491/5...ing-companies/

Feel free to repost the links, forward them, etc.

Thanks tjthemanto, for starting this thread! Hope you don't mind my adding this additional info

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 02:56 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahS83 View Post
    As far as I know Aeroplan has not cancelled their expiry date policy. I had enough aeroplan points (enough to get a stroller for my newly born baby). I went to cash in for the stroller, only to be told that I had surpassed my expiry date by 5 days. They would not, under any circumstance, re-instate them. I told them that I was in the hospital, and they said it was up to me to go out and buy some gas at Esso to keep my points up to date. Then I was told, (and I am NOT kidding here!), that "it doesn't matter if you're dying of cancer, and are getting chemo, we still wouldn't re-instate them. It's not our problem that people don't keep track of their points." Believe me, I talked to manager after manager, after that comment. Needless to say, nothing was done, and I lost all my points that I'd been saving for 15 years.

I just used my Airmiles to rent a car for a few days. Not only do I still have to pay $36 in fees and taxes, I also have to pay another $10, plus taxes in "booking" fees. BS

It's an absolute ridiculous system.
    You still have to keep your Aeroplan account active by earning at least one mile every 12 months or your account expires.Aeroplan miles don't expire.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 07:34 PM.
    Silk and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If this was SDM Optimum points, people would be up in arms..ha ha. Air Miles seems to be getting away with a lot.

the whole cash miles and dream miles nonsense, not letting you transfer miles from dream to cash, hiding products from customers about to redeem, making it almost impossible to redeem for some stuff is almost fraudulent behaviour.
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I just posted this in a new thread:

Class-action lawsuit filed against Air Miles

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/418274-...a/#post6690890

Silk

Thread Information