User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Petsmart Friskies cans .44 each OOP !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!!

An emailed coupon ( save $10.00 WYS $40.00 ) came to my inbox just in the nick of time this morning! I was heading out to Petsmart for their .50 a can sale on the wet Friskies cat food, good thing I checked the email before I left.
    Bought 96 cans ( came to $48.00 ) but they only charged me $4.94 in taxes ( on $38.00?? that was nice ) Applied the email $10.00 coupon and OOP was $42.94 .......so just .44 for each can.
    When you take into account these cans of food have gone up in price and sell for roughly .80 anywhere else, and that is before taxes are added. So I sure do appreciate Petsmart deals!

They had lots of the particular ones my guys like ( Various Seafood selections of Pate ) for some reason my furbabies will not eat the Shredded varieties, or those with cheese, turkey or chicken??

Sale runs all week!!
    This thread is currently associated with: PetSmart
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:46 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Newfiescreech, walkonby and ticul like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Great deal! I didn't get the coupon for some reason

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this is a different brag but still about cat food!
    I got 3 bags of Whiskas at GT yesterday on sale for $4.49 and then used 3 x $3.00 coupons on each bag!!
    This means WITH taxes I paid just $2.07 for each 1 kg bag. ( seafood variety their favourite! )
    Natalka, barbis9, ticul and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    this is a different brag but still about cat food!
    I got 3 bags of Whiskas at GT yesterday on sale for $4.49 and then used 3 x $3.00 coupons on each bag!!
    This means WITH taxes I paid just $2.07 for each 1 kg bag. ( seafood variety their favourite! )
    I thought that COUPON didn't work on that weight?! If it does, I need to go ASAP!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by balancedbooksosh View Post
    I thought that COUPON didn't work on that weight?! If it does, I need to go ASAP!!

That coupon is not for that weight (the 1kg bags that GT has are not ones that other retailers normally sell). That coupon is for 1.4kg to 2kg.
    walkonby, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    That coupon is not for that weight (the 1kg bags that GT has are not ones that other retailers normally sell). That coupon is for 1.4kg to 2kg.
    That's what I thought

walkonby and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hmmmm. that makes me feel sheepish now...... I grabbed the bags not even seeing the detailed weight restrictions on those coupons. I was just so happy thinking hooray cheap cat food again!!
    I use those types of Whiskas coupons many times, but normally I buy the bags at WM ( WM's bags were the correct size then for sure )
    So...oops on me I guess, so very odd the cashier did not catch it though, as I rarely get away with using a wrong coupon. Normally cashiers examine all my coupons so intently.

Thanks for that heads up guys!!
    Thumpersmom and ticul like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hmmmm. that makes me feel sheepish now...... I grabbed the bags not even seeing the detailed weight restrictions on those coupons. I was just so happy thinking hooray cheap cat food again!!
    I use those types of Whiskas coupons many times, but normally I buy the bags at WM ( WM's bags were the correct size then for sure )
    So...oops on me I guess, so very odd the cashier did not catch it though, as I rarely get away with using a wrong coupon. Normally cashiers examine all my coupons so intently.

Thanks for that heads up guys!!
    No need to feel sheepish...we have all done it at one point or another I'm sure...and it is a great deal. Just good to know for the future.

walkonby, ticul and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Kitties are so wildly different sometimes. I've never had a cat in all the cats we've parented that liked any seafood. Tuna juice sure, but thats most likely the salt. Now turkey?! That seems to be what everyone goes psycho for when I'm taking a part a whole bird in the kitchen. (We feed raw) Second most popular is chicken. My kids have always preferred the bird kinds - duck included!
    walkonby, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine are not big on seafood flavours either, chicken & liver is the only one they will all eat on a regular basis
    ticul likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Kitties are so wildly different sometimes. I've never had a cat in all the cats we've parented that liked any seafood. Tuna juice sure, but thats most likely the salt. Now turkey?! That seems to be what everyone goes psycho for when I'm taking a part a whole bird in the kitchen. (We feed raw) Second most popular is chicken. My kids have always preferred the bird kinds - duck included!
    You feed them raw meat?
    ticul and Davetherave like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    You feed them raw meat?
    Raw feeding is really good for cats, I used to feed my others raw as well as commercial but the ones I have now turn their noses up at it. Its now like you just throw them a piece of raw meat, you can either mix your own and add some nutrients or buy raw from freezers in pet stores
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Raw feeding is really good for cats, I used to feed my others raw as well as commercial but the ones I have now turn their noses up at it. Its now like you just throw them a piece of raw meat, you can either mix your own and add some nutrients or buy raw from freezers in pet stores
    Love raw feeding - we do a mix of can and raw - helps with their teeth and they poop and pee less. I give them raw chicken, beef soon quail and maybe a few other raw like eggs. I don't use hard food as it can cause UTI in males so we use raw meat to keep their teeth clean plus bones. I try to avoid seafood as it can be bad for males and I have a UTI cat - but its hard when he loves shrimp and tuna.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    You feed them raw meat?
    I actually feed them "Big Country Raw" raw cat food. Its made with the proper amounts of organ meat to bone so there isn't anything lacking in it. Not all raw foods are the same just as not all commercial food is the same. One needs to do their research before hand and make sure its good quality ingredients that is going into the food as raw food has become more main stream so there are more poor quality brands being sold.That being said there are loads of people who have their own recipes for raw food. I feed the pure formula which is actually for dogs but the chicken variety is the only one I have to supplement with taurine. The other two kinds we feed are duck and turkey. We have to feed the pure formula because the cat formulas have mixed protein sources which would defeat the whole reason why we went raw - for severe allergies. Its funny that our one cat is so severely allergic to anything chicken flavored but can actually eat raw chicken. I chalk this up to low quality, chemical laden, over processed "ingredients" if thats what you could call them.

The "kids" also get a egg YOLK (NOT whites!!!) once a week each and they LOVE it. haha. I also add 1/4 tsp coconut oil into each of their meals which has helped with their coats and having a easier time pooping as raw can actually make them constipated because of how nutrient dense it is.

As for the litter box? Oh yes, we definitely don't have any stink coming from there any more at all. Their poops are half the size and hard with absolutely no smell what so ever. They do urinate more but that is actually a good thing since they are both males who are more prone to UTI's.

EDIT: To add that we used to feed raw chicken spines to the one boy (the other doesn't have any teeth) as a treat and he loved them. Kept him busy while "mommy" was working in the kitchen. We had to stop though as he had to have dental surgery (unrelated) and has had really sensitive gums ever since. So instead when I'm processing raw bird meat I always throw him a scrap or two. My husband doesn't like when I do it though so we try to keep it secretive.

I've actually had this same cat trash dive into a closed garbage bin for the skin I discarded from the meat. He is definitely food motivated which is how he knows tricks. Anywhoooo I'll stop bragging about my "kids" as I'm sure we could all go on for days about them
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Mon, Oct 10th, 2016 at 03:42 PM.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information