• 1 Post By fegonia
  • 1 Post By fegonia
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By fegonia

Thread: Stores Closing in TO

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

During my Xmas shopping wanderings, I've seen a whole bunch of stores that are closing - some of them by Dec. 31. Hopefully you can check them out and find some great deals! Do take my notes with a grain of salt as Boxing Week shopping may have cleared some of these stores out a lot more than when I saw them. Feel free to comment if you know of any other stores.

1. Honest Ed's - closed
    - closing Dec. 31
    - I went last week, and the stuff looked pretty low-quality. Not sure if there is much worth buying, but they might still have the signs for sale if you'd like a keepsake.

2. Fabric Land in Honest Ed's - closed- already closed

3. American Apparel - closed- I saw that the one at Bay/Bloor is closing, but other locations might be closing too.
    - There should be some pretty good deals by now - more than 30% off for sure.

4. William-Sonoma at Bay/Bloor - closed- On Dec. 27 lots of stuff was 30% off - still too expensive for me!

5. William Ashley at Bay/Bloor - closed- moving sale
    - As of Dec. 27, lots of stuff was 15-25% off, and some was an extra 15% off after that.
    - $600 bread and butter plates, anyone?
    *Bonus: There also seem to be a lot of Xmas Pikachus around if you happen to be looking for them.

6. Gobelin's Fine Linnens at Bay/Bloor - closed- moving save
    - Not too much stuff left on Dec. 27, but I did see some pretty brightly-coloured towels.

7. Star Men's Clothing (or something like that) at Fairview Mall - closed- I think the sign said only 7 days left on Dec. 26.

8. Sears at Scarborough Town Centre - closed- I don't think it's closing, but it did look like they were clearing out the entire top floor - it was all clearance and more than half of the floor was empty. Still a fair bit of adult clothing and some shoes left 2 weeks ago.

9. HMV at Eaton Centre - closed- I'm not sure if this is closed already - they were closed on Boxing Day, but there was still lots of merchandise inside.
    - Last week the dvds and electronics weren't actually reduced that much, but the toys, clothes, etc. were 50% off, I believe.

10. The Children's Place at Eaton Centre - closed- Everything was 60% off as of Dec. 26. Seemed to be a lot of cute stuff left.

Happy shopping!
    This thread is currently associated with: American Apparel, HMV, Honest Eds, Sears, The Children's Place
    Last edited by fegonia; Sat, Feb 3rd, 2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Honest Ed's/Fabricland stores were known to be closing as of last year when the condo project made the news.

Toronto Sun's Tuesday paper mentions one location of Omni Jewellers is closing-the flagship location at Keele & Hwy 7.
    http://omnijewelcrafters.com/locations/#vaughan

Where are William Ashley China and Gobelins moving to?
    Hmm, William Ashley is moving down the road to The Colonnade. http://www.williamashley.com/moving-..._store=default
    Where is the snack food buffet?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry, I'm not sure where Gobelins is moving to.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More to add to the list. This seems to be store-closing season.:

American Apparel north of Yonge/Dundas - closed- Tons of stuff 85% off and lots of plain wholesale clothing for set prices like $5 or $10 (Jan. 26).
    - Lots of the stuff left is ugly or extra small, but there is some decent stuff too for sure.

Little Tutoo - on Queen St. east of Hudson's Bay but underground in the PATH - closed- I think stuff was mostly about 50% off, but there were some great quality winter hats for toddlers for $2 marked down from $15 ish (Jan 26).

Ardene - Yonge/Eglinton Centre - closed- Some clothes 50% off, but the accessories didn't appear to be on clearance. Not a lot of good deals (or not better than usual). (Jan. 24)
    Last edited by fegonia; Sat, Feb 3rd, 2018 at 06:41 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tip Top Tailors -some store closures likely http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/graf...tail-1.3953307

Don't know if the George Richards stores could be affected as well-big & tall clothing is hard to find for men in retail.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hard Rock cafe at Yonge-Dundas square-set to close in May. Shoppers is said to be taking over the space (which would be a better location than the present basement in south end location in the Toronto Eaton Centre).
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-location.html

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hard Rock Cafe at YD Square will close tomorrow. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ty-keenan.html

If you are keen to use their Attractions Ontario 2017 coupon, today is your last day to save on a meal or in retail. Minimum spend required.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, May 21st, 2017 at 09:58 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Going out of Business-Galerie Christin, on Yonge St. just north of King St. Art gallery. Spotted sinces on Jan.31 as I walking past the wonderful art displays.
    fegonia likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing in June-Good Egg in Kensington Market. Store could not renegotiate lease so owner will take a break after the store closes and think about maybe opening a shop elsewhere.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Naturalizer at Yonge-Eglinton Centre - Shoe store. Everything is 30% off. Only about a quarter of the shelves in the store actually have products left on them.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Health Clinic closing in Markham on May 21-Kam Wong Physiotherapy Clinic. Ad in today's Toronto Star classifieds mentions where to write to obtain one's personal records in advance of the clinic's closure.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing on May 30-252 Parliament St. Salvation Army thrift store in Toronto. Article in today's Toronto Star: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ift-store.html

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nine West at Scarborough Town Centre is closing. Right now, there are some purses and seasonal stuff (leather boots) for 50% off and everything else was 20% off.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing today-Designer Fabrics on Queen St. W. Sad to learn of this news!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thread Information