User Tag List

Page 1743 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 743 1243 1643 1693 1733 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1753 1793 1843 ... LastLast
Results 26,131 to 26,145 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, not as colourful, but I know he'll get a kick out of it!
    ...now if I can find that math one for our GS: MATH: the only subject that counts. Lol!
    harbie likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I really loved the t-shirt caption on the one that you posted @Lynn49 , it certainly says it all......you're SIL and GS are like cat ladies who cannot resist taking in another stray! ha ha

I was taking out the recycles and noticed a few brand new blooms on one of our lilac bushes.....so " snip, snip " and now my kitchen has that unmistakable flower fragrance in it! Mind you it helps if you LOVE the aroma of lilacs like I do.

Name:  lilac scent.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  79.5 KB
    harbie, Silk and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I really loved the t-shirt caption on the one that you posted @Lynn49 , it certainly says it all......you're SIL and GS are like cat ladies who cannot resist taking in another stray! ha ha

I was taking out the recycles and noticed a few brand new blooms on one of our lilac bushes.....so " snip, snip " and now my kitchen has that unmistakable flower fragrance in it! Mind you it helps if you LOVE the aroma of lilacs like I do.

Omgosh, @walkonby , my Hubby brought me a bouquet of lilacs from our tree the other day and yes, I absolutely adore their scent! Our Mom used to fill our home and bedrooms rooms with huge bouquets of lilacs that she'd refresh often, so I guess that's what makes me mad for them! I wish we had the trees and hedge they had when we were growing up.
    Have you noticed that no one has ever managed to re-create that scent in products? They all have a fake chemical smell that in no way matches that sweet lilac scent!!

Enjoy your day...is is still dull there? We have brilliant sunshine! For a change!
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby your lilacs look beautiful. I also love the scent of Lilacs I always have a vase with some when the are blooming. My DDs also like the scent
    harbie, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi ladies! @Lynn49 yes it is rather hrmph weather day, a bright sky but not a sunny one. I am loving that the 2 of you
    ( hi @flemeth ! ) also enjoy lilac scent.
    I think the CNE used to have this god AWFUL stuff that they shoved into weird cone shaped containers and tried to pass them off as lilac?
    It was a LONG time ago that I was a CNE regular, so I don't remember what building this was in, all I recall is holding my nose until I got passed that spot.

So....in the kitchen today I've almost everything ready for a lovely early dinner, or late lunch with the guys. Depends on when they get up I guess?
    We're shamelessly repeating the souvlaki thing but this time I bought a package of the Naan from FreshCo instead of whipping up our own. I used sk/bn thighs this time, same weirdo spicy corn ribs, a mango salad and homemade deep fried coconut shrimp. DS is gonna flip when he sees the shrimp....one of his all time favourites!

So I made these ......

Name:  homemade coconut shrimp.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  63.5 KB

from these....

Didn't want to make too many, they can really pack on the calories and fat! ha ha

Have a great day gals
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 02:02 PM.
    harbie and Lynn49 like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

cath007 Ive developed an eye infection, dont know from what or where. I had a phone consult with my doctor (hard to get an in-person consult nowadays) and she told me what to do. Helps a bit but next step is to see the pharmacist for some sort of medication.

With this eye infection, it is hard to see the screen unless i enlarge it. Hope this clears up soon and i can get back to normal.

Ive also had the flu which lasted for 4 weeks (not covid, was tested 4 times). I felt totally miserable. Feeling much much better now except for the eye infection. I wonder if this has anything to do with the flu.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    cath007 Ive developed an eye infection, dont know from what or where. I had a phone consult with my doctor (hard to get an in-person consult nowadays) and she told me what to do. Helps a bit but next step is to see the pharmacist for some sort of medication.

With this eye infection, it is hard to see the screen unless i enlarge it. Hope this clears up soon and i can get back to normal.

Ive also had the flu which lasted for 4 weeks (not covid, was tested 4 times). I felt totally miserable. Feeling much much better now except for the eye infection. I wonder if this has anything to do with the flu.
    @SnowFlakey hope you feel better soon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby these look delicious my mouth is watering one of my favourite kind of food . I am referring to the coconut shrimp you made

Last edited by flemeth; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 05:21 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi ladies! @Lynn49 yes it is rather hrmph weather day, a bright sky but not a sunny one. I am loving that the 2 of you
    ( hi @flemeth ! ) also enjoy lilac scent.
    I think the CNE used to have this god AWFUL stuff that they shoved into weird cone shaped containers and tried to pass them off as lilac?
    It was a LONG time ago that I was a CNE regular, so I don't remember what building this was in, all I recall is holding my nose until I got passed that spot.

So....in the kitchen today I've almost everything ready for a lovely early dinner, or late lunch with the guys. Depends on when they get up I guess?
    We're shamelessly repeating the souvlaki thing but this time I bought a package of the Naan from FreshCo instead of whipping up our own. I used sk/bn thighs this time, same weirdo spicy corn ribs, a mango salad and homemade deep fried coconut shrimp. DS is gonna flip when he sees the shrimp....one of his all time favourites!

So I made these ......

Name:  homemade coconut shrimp.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  63.5 KB

from these....

Didn't want to make too many, they can really pack on the calories and fat! ha ha

Have a great day gals
    Coconut shrimp??!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Sorry you have that eye infection, @SnowFlakey , sure hope your pharmacist can provide suggestions to get rid of it.
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SnowFlakey I’m sorry you’re having a rough patch. Hope you get some relief for your eye.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good Sunday morning everyone.

It’s another dreary day. Hoping the sun will come out later but I’m doubtful. When are we going to get summer????

Not much planned except some laundry and washing the floors. Oh yay! How exciting

Hope everyone has a great Sunday

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ stop trying to make us jealous about having an exciting day of laundry and floor scrubbing in your back pocket @harbie

So far my day has been kitchen based. I didn't want to see either of my 2 large bags of fresh spinach or the 2 bags of green beans go south ( those long BB dates I made sure to get meant nothing, I could tell the stuff was threatening to spoil ).
    I steamed up all the spinach, drained, squeezing so much excess water out and got around 1 1/2 cups cooked.
    What a space saver putting that cooked stuff back in the fridge.
    Green beans I did up 2 ways. Pan seared about 3 cups and steamed the rest.
    Two sides at the ready....not sure what my protein today will be.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Add-on update here:

Canada came so close to winning the IIHF Gold this afternoon against Finland. They tied it up near the end of the 3rd to force O.T. but Finland got a power play and scored.
    hrmph....
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, May 29th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SnowFlakey : I am so sorry you are going trough this....thank you for posting and updating us tough take care of you
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby: I love lilac too !!!! They smell so odorant and good !!! Yay and jealous about your tempura
    shrimps sound and bet it is delicious!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, May 29th, 2022 at 08:00 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you all a good rest of Sunday and a beautiful week ahead!!! Hoping for QC it is not to hot and not to rainy too.!!! Stay safe wathever you have to do or deal too.

Thread Information