• 4 Post By coupon girl
  • 4 Post By korianka
  • 1 Post By scouponer
  • 2 Post By scouponer

Thread: No more flyer sneak peeks....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

...but, I've just added hours, and hours, to my day for...zombie hunting!

Hey, hey, hey!

As many of you may have heard, Metroland Media is in bankruptcy proceedings. They’ve stopped flyer distribution – which means, no more visits from flyer guy! And, no more sneak peeks from cyn88canada. (Me). 😉

Wow. It’s the end of an era…for me, at least! I had no prior notice, just the news that came out on Friday. While I was expecting flyers to stop at some point, I had no idea it would be so soon. (Or I would have kept more of the flyers, since I used the old one as kitchen garbage bag liners…now, I only have a week or two’s worth…ugh!! grumble, mutter, bah).

It feels like just yesterday that I started with the sneak peaks…but, I just checked…and I think I started in 2015! Wow. We made it through so many ups and downs, coffee depravations, zombie attackes, countless inane blurbs, cats stuck in the tree…okay, okay, maybe not the last one…let’s just say, it’s been a fun ride! I’m so grateful for many things. (NOT the SDM flyer…lol!) Team Cyn! Coffee Patrons! Coffee Daze! The strange things that made the uploads…less challenging…lol.

Anyway…if I get a flyer via Canada Post early enough, I’ll post it if I can so folks at work or who won’t get the ads til later can still get a “sneak peek”…of sorts. And, I may still poke me head in and blurb away somewhere…because I just got new glasses, and omg, I am at the stage where I need bifocals/progressives, whatever you call it…! I can NOT read with my new glasses. But, I cannot see distance without them…! And, my high prescription, elbow length is “distance”….arrrrgh. Sheesh. It’s all a lie. Growing older is NOT growing wiser. Growing older just bites. NOW I understand the appeal of Eternal Youth elixirs. Ha ha ha. (Hmmm…I seem to have gone off on a tangent…what a surprise…where else can I do this?)

Thank you to couponlady who will, no doubt, reliably and consistently continue to bring Smart Canucks the official flyers when they are available. (I’ve been loving the aigoo flyers!) Thanks to everyone who has sent me coffee, coffee icons, a thumbs up, constructive criticism, coffee angels, coffee, coffee, coffee…heh, do we sense a trend?

Be kind to yourselves. Be your own best friend! The world will be a better place if we start by making ourselves better.

Cheers!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Via Rail
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@cyn88canada

This sucks! I am sad now. Part of my daily routine in the early part of every week is to look through your sneak peeks of the grocery sales.
    We almost never get flyers until Thursday afternoon ( through the Scarboro Mirror ) and so often one or more of the grocery ones is not there!
    Aggravating to say the least, but now I am wondering if we will no longer get flyers at all?
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Sep 19th, 2023 at 12:45 PM.
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    .....but now I am wondering if we will no longer get flyers at all?
    Just a quick "head's up", I sometimes visit:

https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/

on the Smart Canuck forum, for flyers I don't get. Couponlady usually posts the mainstream flyers ... Wednesday? When they're available. Some of the other stores get updated at the same time, or (early) Thursday...whenever they become available. I've been happy to see aigoo, my local Asian grocery store, have the flyer posted before the store site has it up.
    It's allllllll digital now. Unless Canada Post is delivering them. (I don't know...they had SDM, No Frills, the Brick in a plastic baggie, so maybe they have the flyer contracts...or, maybe they've just stopped printing flyers entirely...)

Stay well!
    walkonby, dededi and Ciel21 like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yup, The Scarborough Mirror I just learned is part of that elimination. I was unaware. So very sad for me as I don't own a cell phone.
    Price matching will be impossible now as I'll have no physical flyers in hand. This will mean going to each store to get whatever they have on sale I guess?
    Another First World Problem I'll get over.
    coupon girl, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cyn88canada thank you for all the years you spoiled SC members and others we all usually look forward to these sneak peek. We will all miss them
    walkonby, cyn88canada and Ciel21 like this.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

We were not getting the local paper for the past 3 weeks or so, but flyers are being delivered to all houses on Thursdays. There's still a chance that you will get the flyers, without the local newspaper.
    walkonby, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cyn88canada thanks for all your hard work all these years. Going to really miss you
    walkonby, cyn88canada and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

@cyn88canada Thank you for all the help you have provided this shopper over the years. Don't be a stranger.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cyn88canada-thank you i loved reading the flyers you posted,thanks for the hard work.

Walkonby -i am in the same boat as you no cell phone so no price matching for me anymore ,i guess we will have to get the deals when we can at different stores or just miss a few deals.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Believe or not, you are part of our Tuesday mornings, we will miss you A LOT! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! maybe we will see you at my new favorite chinese store Aigoo hahaha!

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My brother in law feels that his price matching saves him enough money to pay for his phone. So maybe with checking into it. I used to take my iPad before I got my phone and as long as I had looked at the flyer at home and put item on my list I could price match without having any data. If you got a cheap cell phone even with out a data plan you could still use it to price match doing the above. Maybe worth looking into!
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Cyn for all your flyer posts over the years! It was great to get a sneak peak for planning purposes. I was worried that something happened to you so am glad that it just a matter of not getting flyers.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel for the shoppers with no digital devices and INternet access and free printer pagers to print off shopping lists of items of interest or have someone to go over online flyers with them if they have visual issues. Maybe you have seen media reports of visually impaired shoppers not knowing of deals and that affects their shopping/planning/logistics. One customer service line told a shopper to check the flyer with customer service desk staff at her local store, who told shopper they don't provide access to digital flyers...

I noticed that the No Frills I infrequently visit has scaled down flyer pages posted on a board I assume is at a level that wheelchair users can see seated but the pages are still kind of small and hard to read. I found it hard to bend at the waist to scan pages for offers and I had a cane in hand too.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Thread Information