User Tag List

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1109
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did some food prep so now I have food (veggies and chicken) for the next few days. Heat and eat and no mess to clean up!
    Off for a walk soon.
    cath007 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I agree with Frugal and Herman. Walking along with daily (sometimes multiple times a day) stretching is the only way to keep my back in working order. Trust me I feel it when I don’t stretch.

So I did my 5 different century workouts on Thursday . So you get a century shirt from Peloton when you completed 100 workouts in one type of workout so since I had to take some time off with injury and such and I’m feeling great I decided I’d go full out and time 5 in the same day. So I got my ride, stretch, strength, walk and run and did a live run so I got a shoutout from my coach. I almost fell off the tread since I was so focused on my speed push when I heard my name.

9.5km ride and 5km run.

Yesterday after work I took an active recovery workout and did an incline walk but needed to triple the incline he called for. I wanted to keep it simple but needed my heart rate to get higher. Finished the day with my meditation for relaxation before bed.

Today I’m doing my yoga ( need those forward folds to stretch things out), followed by 2 mobility classes ( 1- hips and 1-upper back) and I’ll probably do another run.

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That’s a great work out harbie!
    I went for a 10 k hike with my neighbour this morning, 5 k up a mountain and then back down
    Now about to get in the shower and get ready for a dinner party, guests should be arriving at 4:00❤️
    harbie, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I chose to not run yesterday and took a full body strength class instead. Upper, lower and the most hated core! but it had to be done. I was hoping to get a game of pickleball in today but not sure if the weather will cooperate . If not then it's yoga followed by my run.
    The hip mobility class was TOUGH! Ouch! I didn't realize my hips were that tight . It's definitely a class I'm going to have to take over and over to get more mobile. Another plus is it will also help in my running.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Got up at 6 today which is a bit later than usual but I had a toss and turn kinda night so I needed it.

First up was a yoga class to help ease my back pain that’s been irritating me lately, then outside for a 20 min walk in shorts and the temp was only O but felt like -3. People gave me some odds looks as they were bundled up and here I’m out in shorts (and a short jacket). It was like cold plunging but only dry.

Then off to the dentist and when we got home we enjoyed a game of pickle ball in the glorious sunshine and 13 degrees.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love moving this old body, im just a happier person when I get a couple hours of activity every day. I can no longer play tennis as it’s just too hard on my shoulders and hips, so pickleball has been a lifesaver for me. Walking and hiking now that the weather is so nice is helpful for the fresh air. Im on a wait list for knee surgery and there are some days I can’t tolerate walking a lot, so swimming and cycling is what IÂ’m doing on those bad knee pain days, but I do take pain meds in order to play my two hours of pickleball 4 times a week. Strength training twice a week is keeping my muscles alive, and I thought that was enough, but I saw my doctor yesterday and she recommended I go 3 times a week until I get my knee surgery, in order to increase muscle mass to assist the healing process. So last night I had planned to stay home and bake while dh was at pickleball, but went to the rec centre for a workout and a swim. I realize that making better choices for myself is in my own best interest, sometimes I need to talk myself into them instead of staying home baking treats😉
    Last edited by sueshe; Wed, Mar 29th, 2023 at 09:53 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love moving this old body, im just a happier person when I get a couple hours of activity every day. I can no longer play tennis as it’s just too hard on my shoulders and hips, so pickleball has been a lifesaver for me. Walking and hiking now that the weather is so nice is helpful for the fresh air. Im on a wait list for knee surgery and there are some days I can’t tolerate walking a lot, so swimming and cycling is what I’m doing on those bad knee pain days, but I do take pain meds in order to play my two hours of pickleball 4 times a week. Strength training twice a week is keeping my muscles alive, and I thought that was enough, but I saw my doctor yesterday and she recommended I go 3 times a week until I get my knee surgery, in order to increase muscle mass to assist the healing process. So last night I had planned to stay home and bake while dh was at pickleball, but went to the rec centre for a workout and a swim. I realize that making better choices for myself is in my own best interest, sometimes I need to talk myself into them instead of staying home baking treats😉

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
    I love moving this old body, im just a happier person when I get a couple hours of activity every day. I can no longer play tennis as it’s just too hard on my shoulders and hips, so pickleball has been a lifesaver for me. Walking and hiking now that the weather is so nice is helpful for the fresh air. Im on a wait list for knee surgery and there are some days I can’t tolerate walking a lot, so swimming and cycling is what IÂ’m doing on those bad knee pain days, but I do take pain meds in order to play my two hours of pickleball 4 times a week. Strength training twice a week is keeping my muscles alive, and I thought that was enough, but I saw my doctor yesterday and she recommended I go 3 times a week until I get my knee surgery, in order to increase muscle mass to assist the healing process. So last night I had planned to stay home and bake while dh was at pickleball, but went to the rec centre for a workout and a swim. I realize that making better choices for myself is in my own best interest, sometimes I need to talk myself into them instead of staying home baking treats
    @sueshe ha ha, ya know I've seen your posts but never actually " said " your username out loud, ( well in my head ) and it sounds like sushi as in the Japanese delicacies. Was that intentional? I just made trays of them yesterday, well California rolls actually.
    Anyhow, your post today is like a blueprint of what I am supposed to be doing. I don't have the knee replacement surgery set up ( yet ) but that is now my only option. Each day pain and immobility take turns impeding my will to get moving.
    It's so true, when you hurt, you sit or lay down, full stop. Then any attempt to try and move is a nightmare.
    I applaud your choice to go to the rec centre for that work out and swim, the baking can always wait.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup the it’s a nickname I earned for my vast consumption of sushi at work lunches 😆
    As for this stupid knee pain it does keep me from some activities and although I hate taking pain meds it’s the only way to be able to keep moving. Cortisone shots worked wonders until they didn’t, so I’m hanging in until surgery. I know my doctor is right, I’ve got to build a little more muscle to help with recovery afterwards
    walkonby likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Played 8 hours of pickleball this week and my knee is complaining so I think I’ll take the day off activity
    A stroll to our bridge game and my stretching routine is probably it for today.
    Tomorrow will be full of Easter eating and fun😎
    harbie, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

April 9th of this year I leaped back on the weight loss train yet again. ( I should get frequent flyer perks! ) . To date it has been 14.4 pounds lost. It's a start, but the slower 1 - 2 pounds a week that are happening are already getting to me. The initial BIG drop at the beginning got me motivated even though I knew not to get sucked in by that. Miles to travel before I sleep as this train does not stop for me until I reach a certain goal. Fingers crossed this time that it sticks!
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

new update: as of this morning 21.8 pounds gone.

Name:  cheerleading chimp.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  15.2 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi my name is walkonby and it has been 4 days since my last square of dark chocolate! To date I've dropped 25 pounds , ( started the weight loss plan again on April 9th ) BUT this constant slippage with cravings is making me a little bananas! " Stay strong " I tell myself, but there are times I just don't listen. The battle continues.
    harbie and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So today starts my attempt to stop using the " bad " artificial sweeteners. I'll have to give up drinking my 1 can a day of Coke Zero. ( sniff, sniff ).
    I usually start my morning with a very large mug ( 16 oz. ) of dark roast coffee ( 2 Keurig pods ) with 4 tblsp of 10% cream and 3 level tsp of Splenda.
    Now to some that might seem excessive both in coffee and cream, but that is it for the day for java.

When I have my breakfast it often includes a 4 tablespoons serving of Lactose free, 0% fat, plain Greek Yogurt. That stuff is quite tart, so I sprinkle a 1/2
    tsp of Splenda into it with cinnamon and some vanilla extract. Then I dump in a few berries! Yummo!

After reading this very recent article about how studies have shown that Splenda ( and Sucralose ) can damage DNA, I was like YIKES!!

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...ks-up-DNA.aspx

So I've switched back to using both powdered monk fruit and Pure Organic alcohol free liquid Stevia. Hoping for the best!
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A slow burn this losing weight thing is. ADIOS to twenty seven pounds now. I AM happy about the loss so far but just impatient with the discipline involved. Breathe!
    harbie likes this.

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Thread Information