User Tag List

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1109
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@walkonby . My friends husband is diabetic and didn't like the Stevia for his coffee but now uses Monk Fruit sugar (they ordered it on Amazon since we looked at a few stores and couldn't find it)
    I will try it next time I am visiting and report back
    harbie and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I have heard so many people that complain of a bitter taste when using Stevia. Thankfully for me I never have, however I've always said the trick is " less is more " when using that sweetener. Literally, I only use ONE packet in a 16 ounce mug of coffee. Plus it is really important NOT to buy the crap Stevia knockoffs ( Truvia and the like ).
    All of those add alcohols and sometimes fructose to it??
    A health food store would be the better place to get the best Stevia product, not at grocery stores. The words Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf should be listed in the ingredients.
    As you are probably aware, don't get fooled by the words Pure or Natural, they are often used by tricksters! lol

Since I'm not baking with Stevia I don't know how much one would use in recipes. My guess is that the bitter taste would be more prevalent when replacing sugar for a baked good.
    Here's the one I am using for my coffee atm.

Name:  one packet.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  stevia powder.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  96.4 KB
    harbie likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Just wanted to say @walkonby . You got this. You can do it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Frugalbigmama I have heard so many people that complain of a bitter taste when using Stevia. Thankfully for me I never have, however I've always said the trick is " less is more " when using that sweetener. Literally, I only use ONE packet in a 16 ounce mug of coffee. Plus it is really important NOT to buy the crap Stevia knockoffs ( Truvia and the like ).
    All of those add alcohols and sometimes fructose to it??
    A health food store would be the better place to get the best Stevia product, not at grocery stores. The words Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf should be listed in the ingredients.
    As you are probably aware, don't get fooled by the words Pure or Natural, they are often used by tricksters! lol

Since I'm not baking with Stevia I don't know how much one would use in recipes. My guess is that the bitter taste would be more prevalent when replacing sugar for a baked good.
    Here's the one I am using for my coffee atm.

Name:  one packet.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  stevia powder.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  96.4 KB
    Yeah I don't add anything but cream to my coffee (unless it is horrible coffee and I need to choke it down lol) but thanks for the info I will pass it on!
    walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Name:  boo to working out.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  14.3 KB

hrmph! Clearly I'm IN A MOOD today. It is the scales fault. I want it to show me better ( lower ) numbers faster and it refuses to listen!
    28.4 pounds lost to date .......valiantly trying to keep my upper lip stiff.
    harbie, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Trying to change up my workouts so I’m not just running even though it’s my first love. Dh and I have been riding minimum 6-7km after work and upwards of 16km. We’re riding to the pickleball court to play today after work.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lots of healthy veggies and fruit on sale this week! So easy to make good meals with a good selection
    harbie, walkonby and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Did another ride with dh last night. It was an easy one at 12km.

Today we’re planning on another ride and I’m going to try to get a run in. That’s how I go into the next year of my life! Trying to get stronger as I get older.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yesterday was our belated Canada Day BBQ get together. I feel I did rather well ( considering there was tempting delicious wine available ) , and the food was no help either, being all tasty and stuff. I hosted and cooked so only myself to blame. Today will be a water flush with a very strict return to my 1200 calorie routine. I always forget to snap photos and this time I forgot to get a shot of the very fun all fresh fruit platters that I laid out. There's always next year.

Name:  BBQ fare Canada Day.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  380.1 KB

Name:  nacho layered dip veggies and dips.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  300.4 KB

Name:  part of the food on Canada Day.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  327.9 KB
    harbie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Day 1 of getting back at it!

Food cooked for lunch/dinner.

Walked 26 mins on Treadmill this morning. Will go for a walk downtown this afternoon to get some more steps in and some browsing (stores and the library).

I work in the office tomorrow so will bring breakfast and lunch so I am not hangry and make bad choices.

Groceries- Picking up fresh stuff today. Strawberries for sure!! When I have the good stuff I make good choices

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!! Congrats on those 26 minutes ( on an incline no less! ) you did on the treadmill @Frugalbigmama Way to get back to it!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Dh and I have been riding every night after work with the exception of 3 days. We’re increasing our distance and we’re at 18.5km easy. The only reason we head home is my sit bones start to bother me and my padded bike shorts are due to arrive today .

Yesterday was a 4.5km hike on the tread at 10-12 incline plus a ride after dinner (8km). Today I did 20 min yoga, 13km Peloton 80’s hiit ride. Now eating a banana and pounding h2o

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've decided to ditch the myfitnesspal calorie tracker due to an issue preventing me from altering the amounts of the foods I ate.
    Never had any problem doing this since 2019. Weight gain after the covid times saw me return to documenting my meals with them.
    April 9th 2023 was my new " restart do-over " and it's been smooth sailing until July 15th when this silly glitch occurred.
    Reaching out to CS by email was fruitless, never even got a response until the 17th, basically it was " we're working on it, wait for 3
    more days, call us back if it's still a problem "
    Perhaps only Premium members ( paying customers ) get proper attention, and I was using their free version.
    Not known as a patient person, I deleted my account yesterday. Bummer that I lost all my data, but now I'm tracking on a new site
    called Lose It.

It's also free to use unless you choose to pay for an upgrade. ( I have not ) My foods are so much easier to input on this site!! Glad I switched.
    Update on my losses so far....32.8 pounds gone. Is it insane that I have a goal to lose another 53 pounds?! Apparently this Lose It site predicts
    that if I remain on this very safe and healthy but calorie restricted plan I will reach that goal on March 22, 2024!!
    I'm pondering sending out announcements ( for a laugh ) to my 2 sisters to Save The Date. If I know them they will probably want to celebrate
    by taking me out for cheesecake! lol
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jul 19th, 2023 at 10:27 AM.
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Congrats on the loss @walkonby

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I've decided to ditch the myfitnesspal calorie tracker due to an issue preventing me from altering the amounts of the foods I ate.
    Never had any problem doing this since 2019. Weight gain after the covid times saw me return to documenting my meals with them.
    April 9th 2023 was my new " restart do-over " and it's been smooth sailing until July 15th when this silly glitch occurred.
    Reaching out to CS by email was fruitless, never even got a response until the 17th, basically it was " we're working on it, wait for 3
    more days, call us back if it's still a problem "
    Perhaps only Premium members ( paying customers ) get proper attention, and I was using their free version.
    Not known as a patient person, I deleted my account yesterday. Bummer that I lost all my data, but now I'm tracking on a new site
    called Lose It.

It's also free to use unless you choose to pay for an upgrade. ( I have not ) My foods are so much easier to input on this site!! Glad I switched.
    Update on my losses so far....32.8 pounds gone. Is it insane that I have a goal to lose another 53 pounds?! Apparently this Lose It site predicts
    that if I remain on this very safe and healthy but calorie restricted plan I will reach that goal on March 22, 2024!!
    I'm pondering sending out announcements ( for a laugh ) to my 2 sisters to Save The Date. If I know them they will probably want to celebrate
    by taking me out for cheesecake! lol
    My B-I-L loves Lose it! He tells people about it all the time. I have it to now because of him.

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread Information