User Tag List

Page 1212 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 212 712 1112 1162 1202 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1222 1262 1312 ... LastLast
Results 18,166 to 18,180 of 24026
Like Tree10763Likes

Thread: Points And Prizes - Sheknows Words v2

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This week's code word is MODEL for 200 points!good thru 12/19/11.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    borrowed

content 50
    smooth 50

Please use these words at your own discretion. On Facebook, Nancy Wright Evans says that these words may not be valid or may disqualify you for the hunt, or these words are not fair to use for the hunt.

Let me know if you still want me to post these words. I just thought that it would be more fair if everyone had the words. I'm missing the other 2 mystery words, and need to check my emails again. If you all don't want me to post these words, let me know, and then I don't have to go through my friends' emails again.

hi Poppy - I appreciate the words! Without them, I would be losing points every month, compared to what the leaders have. I appreciate your sharing!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

angelic- 12/19 (200)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week's code word is CRAM for points! Redeem your points now. Good thru 12/19/11.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

borrowed

content 50
    smooth 50

Please use these words at your own discretion. On Facebook, Nancy Wright Evans says that these words may not be valid or may disqualify you for the hunt, or these words are not fair to use for the hunt.

Let me know if you still want me to post these words. I just thought that it would be more fair if everyone had the words. I'm missing the other 2 mystery words, and need to check my emails again. If you all don't want me to post these words, let me know, and then I don't have to go through my friends' emails again.
    I think the facebook poster has sour grapes this month because she thinks she'll be this month's 1st place hunt winner if everyone else is disqualified according to leader board. She never complained before now and the hunt totals have been over 10780 for months now.

I appreciate the time you take to share these words with everyone, Poppy, thank you! I hope you continue to do so. If not, it is understandable why you would chose to discontinue going forward. You'll be a welcomed part of this community no matter what you decide in the end!

If any of us were in it to win it, we would not share hunt words here especially hours before they are able to be claimed. We'd make everyone do their own legwork
    Last edited by Noodge; Tue, Dec 13th, 2011 at 05:45 PM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This week's code word is UNIFORM for 200 points good thru 12/19/11.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the new words

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

QUIZ for 200 points, good through 12/19

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ricki911, I do my best to try and not judge these folks as perhaps they are in a financial situation where they can no longer care for their furry family members? At least, they don't just dump them in the streets? I just read about a family that released their 'pet' in front of their home before moving two blocks. Yet the loyal member trailed them to their new address. He would sit outside their door and cry. One day the neighborhood children beat on the faithful follower with bats. Can you imagine the anguish and confusion that poor pup felt? On a better note, congrats on your new job!

Thank you for sharing words cesme77, manzervite, Poppy, NewfieGirl69, Brynhilde and sk43213.

Wah, I am sad to hear you didn't win the contest, scrapbookingoasis. May this mean that there's a bigger and better win out there in your near future!
    Last edited by Noodge; Tue, Dec 13th, 2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: word error

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodge View Post
    Welcome, Brynhilde. An FYI for you, any other P&P forum out there in the world wide web gets their words from SC.

That's a pretty broad statement to make. I used to post on another forum, LONG before I found SC (and when I had more time to do so), and I would go, and hunt the words myself to post.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Ricki911, I do my best to try and not judge these folks as perhaps they are in a financial situation where they can no longer care for their furry family members? At least, they don't just dump them in the streets? I just read about a family that released their 'pet' in front of their home before moving two blocks. Yet the loyal member trailed them to their new address. He would sit outside their door and cry. One day the neighborhood children beat on the faithful follower with bats. Can you imagine the anguish and confusion that poor pup felt? On a better note, congrats on your new job!

Thank you for sharing words cesme77, manzervite, Poppy, NewfieGirl69, Brynhilde and sk43213.

Wah, I am sad to hear you didn't win the contest, scrapbookingoasis. May this mean that there's a bigger and better win out their in your near future!
    That is really sad for the pup We got a dog (we were the 3rd home for him) and although he was good (but very dumb) we just didn't have the time (we ended up with him because the owners asked us to watch him when they were on vacation....we didn't like the idea of the poor dog being in a crate for a week with us letting it out a couple times a day, so we took him home and he kinda stayed. Anyways we had to let him go - I tried the kijiji thing but I was much too picky. Turned out my husband's aunt and uncle's dog passed away and they were looking for a older dog that was like ours. So at least we know he went to a good home.

It's ok I didn't win, my girls probably have enough hair things. I also know the people who make them so I can always buy them too.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Is this cause the words have been guessed as opposed to found on the PnP sites? I know in the past, PnP threatened to disqualify & deactivate accounts for those who entered words before they were posted on the sites - anyone else remember when they went through the "pretend" word phase (pump13kin, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    It would be a lot easier if one of the first posts had the words with expiry dates and were able to be edited. It is so easy to miss words as it only takes a few hours for a new page to be created in this thread.
    I know in the past, something like this was done, but Boo decided to stop it.

One problem is that if you don't have one individual dedicated to the upkeep, weird things can happen (for example if more than one poster posts at once, the whole post can go squirrelly).

It's also a lot of work. For a while I was updating a google docs spreadsheet until life got in the way (my New Year's Resolution is to make better use of my time or take fewer naps ).

If you have the time & inclination, I'd be happy to help you set up a spreadsheet for the words for us (that's assuming anyone is less tech-savvy than me ).

Just don't be discouraged by the few cranky folks who like to criticize everything you do (I had folks insist I change all the words to lower-case, then others wanted them in caps, or bolded, or in italics, or different font, etc). 99% of the folks are great & really appreciative, it's the 1% that can get under your skin.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome, Brynhilde. An FYI for you, any other P&P forum out there in the world wide web gets their words from SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliza View Post
    That's a pretty broad statement to make. I used to post on another forum, LONG before I found SC (and when I had more time to do so), and I would go, and hunt the words myself to post.
    I too hunt all words myself and keep detailed records yet I still appreciate the time and effort posters put in here. I do not doubt that is the case from 'LONG before you found SC' yet not so much currently or the last several months.

You did not copy my entire paragraph either from page 1207 as I noted that one person copies to another forum then another person copies their post to another forum so on and so on. 99.99% of the time OP was from SC. There is that .01% where it takes a minute later to post on SC yet that SC poster is not 'borrowing' word.

There is nothing wrong with 'borrowing' as long as it's noted. I don't mean they have to note 'borrowed' with each and every post as sometimes the borrowers acknowledge such in a general post on another forum or here. Yet if it's a habit to 'borrow' boggles my mind why a few seconds of time for three little words "thank you all" is too much for lurkers. Takes more time than that to copy/paste to another forum. I'm not talking reps or specific posts of thanx every day either. I don't even check in daily. Maybe they are being considerate as some feel chit chat clogs thread. I always thought it's what makes SC P&P thread special.

I stand by my broad statement with facts at hand. I take in account the time zone differences as well. Spelling errors from SC are found in all these forums as a smidgen of my proof. I do contend that I should have stated a specific number of 15 as there could be some smaller forums that I have not come across doing internet searches.

Now it might change going forward as Waldos aim to prove me wrong .

I do apologize if I offended you with my broad statement as tis the season, happy holidays !
    Last edited by Noodge; Tue, Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thanks again

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

I know in the past, something like this was done, but Boo decided to stop it.

One problem is that if you don't have one individual dedicated to the upkeep, weird things can happen (for example if more than one poster posts at once, the whole post can go squirrelly).

It's also a lot of work. For a while I was updating a google docs spreadsheet until life got in the way (my New Year's Resolution is to make better use of my time or take fewer naps ).

If you have the time & inclination, I'd be happy to help you set up a spreadsheet for the words for us (that's assuming anyone is less tech-savvy than me ).

Just don't be discouraged by the few cranky folks who like to criticize everything you do (I had folks insist I change all the words to lower-case, then others wanted them in caps, or bolded, or in italics, or different font, etc). 99% of the folks are great & really appreciative, it's the 1% that can get under your skin.
    I figured that's what happened. I know it can be annoying when someone posted the exact same thing you did weeks later but can you blame them? It's like saying "search for words before you post" on page 5 but expecting a new user on page 49 to figure it out.
    I don't have that much time to dedicate to this as I have a lot of other time consuming projects (admining pages, websites, photography, etc,.) but it was merely a suggestion for someone who does.

Thanks for the tips though.. I'm not discouraged. Some get off on being cranky all the time. Their loss.

Thread Information