User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ya but BM thats the point though its not just ML, theres a ton of bittners, shopsys, scnhieders etc on that list...

very scary.

With that said one of my friends is really sick and is in the hospital being tested for listeria, I havent heard news as of yesterday whats going on but im praying for the best.

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OK, I know that...YOU know that...maybe lots of people know that
    HOWEVER
    it is just the name ML right now people are paranoid about and when they see it they just walk away.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
    it is just the name ML right now people are paranoid about and when they see it they just walk away.
    And rightfully so.
    I'm feeling the same about about packaged meat. Thankfully we don't use much of it because of it's high sodium contents.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I feel very awlful for the families of those who passed away from this incident. Listeria is very serious, but it has been around forever, in all sorts of products. People are going to be paranoid eating any Maple Leaf products for a while, especially anything from Ontario but I won't be. I think the real crime is the lack of food inspectors which is a government issue and thats who we need to be upset at not Maple Leaf.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I also forgot to mention that there are people who are carriers of listeria and those who usually get sick from it are ususally elderely or sick people whos immune systems are not up to par.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ya I know BM but I personally am going to look at that whole ready to eat meat section differently, not just ML.

U know I had never heard of listeria until I was pregnant with Z and on my mommy board wrote I had a ham sandwhich for lunch, they asked If i nuked it first and I said no and I got freaked on. I guess in the USA the drs tell pregnant women to avoid or nuke the crap out of ready to eat meat because of the potential of listeria. I had no idea, my dr had never mentioned anything with both pregnancys and when I was pregnant with Z I had a really good dr.

Sigh, hopefully not many more people get sick and this is all behind us soon.

Can you imagine how bad some of the ML workers feel that helped make the infected product.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Ya but BM thats the point though its not just ML, theres a ton of bittners, shopsys, scnhieders etc on that list...

very scary.

With that said one of my friends is really sick and is in the hospital being tested for listeria, I havent heard news as of yesterday whats going on but im praying for the best.
    Sorry to hear,prayers offered for your friend and family.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Or does anyone else not buy any MapleLeaf products nor any other brand?

I'm avoiding packaged meats,including HotDogs and Sausages even if they're not MaplLeaf brand.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I saw MapleLeaf products at Safeway again.. I'm also avoiding them.. too scared to touch them

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

How's this for scary, I saw a report on Global about a week ago (I'm trying to dig up the link now) that said on average, 10% of the food we eat in a year will have listeria. It's just that most people don't get sick or just get mildly sick that we never even know it was there.

Honestly though, I'm not avoiding Maple Leaf. We didn't buy a lot from them before but I'm still buying what we always bought. I figure they're being watched so closely right now that they might actually be the safest.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    How's this for scary, I saw a report on Global about a week ago (I'm trying to dig up the link now) that said on average, 10% of the food we eat in a year will have listeria. It's just that most people don't get sick or just get mildly sick that we never even know it was there.

Honestly though, I'm not avoiding Maple Leaf. We didn't buy a lot from them before but I'm still buying what we always bought. I figure they're being watched so closely right now that they might actually be the safest.
    Well put, but when all is said and done.If we really knew how most of our food was made,we probably wouldn't eat any of it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information