User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    80 (100%)

YIKES!!! amazes me that they act like meat from other plants are fine.. Why should we believe them???

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

apparently they will be inspecting all grocery stores to make sure they have pulled it all.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    YIKES!!! amazes me that they act like meat from other plants are fine.. Why should we believe them???
    Good question!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Honestly I think from now on ill just buy whole hams and roasts and such and use my dads meat slicer and make my own lunch meat.

Like we just ate the ready to eat chicken thats been recalled on Saturday.

I am furious they waited until late Sunday to do the recall it should of been done well before the weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

It makes me want to go back to being a Vegan. There are WAY too many recalls. We have to worry of the tomatoes we eat will kill us, the cilantro, Maple leaf, mad cow disease.... It hurts the brain!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cilantro?? I haven't even heard of that one yet. But for the meat does anyone know if we cook it will the listeria bacteria be killed off? ( not that I would take the chance..I wouldn't) I just want to know.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More recalled!!!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

More sandwiches with Maple Leaf products recalled

Updated Tue. Aug. 26 2008 8:06 AM ET
    CTV.ca News Staff
    Four more ready-made sandwich brands have been pulled from shelves following the massive recall of Maple Leaf Foods meat products.
    In its first statement early Tuesday, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) said Metro Ontario Incorporated is warning the public not to eat its Fresh 2 Go turkey sandwiches.
    The sandwiches, which contain the ready-to-eat deli meat products recalled by Maple Leaf Foods, were sold in A & P and Dominion stores in Ontario.
    In a second statement, CFIA said Prepared Foods Limited has issued a warning about not consuming the Irving, Sub Delicious, and Needs brand sandwiches.
    The sandwiches, which also contain Maple Leaf meat products, were sold in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
    Maple Leaf issued a limited recall after Listeria bacteria was found on some of the products produced at one of its Toronto plants.
    The company then recalled all meat products that were manufactured at its Toronto facility after three people died in Ontario, and one in British Columbia.
    The expanded list -- described as precautionary by Maple Leaf -- now includes up to 220 products.
    Currently, at least six people have died and at least 20 are sick because of the same strain of bacteria found at the plant.
    "There are inspectors all over the country as well as public health officials visiting establishments, restaurants and institutions to ensure this product is removed from the marketplace," CFIA spokesman Garfield Balsom told CTV's Canada AM on Tuesday.
    CFIA officials and Maple Leaf executives say more testing is need to determine if the tainted meat directly contributed to any of the deaths.
    "That would be an investigation by the Public Health Agency of Canada and the local health units," Balsom told The Canadian Press. "They do the food history, so they would make the linkages."
    The disease has an incubation period of up to 90 days, meaning there could be more cases in the coming weeks.
    Lawsuit
    Meanwhile, a Montreal lawyer who specializes in class-action lawsuits has launched legal action against Maple Leaf Foods.
    Tony Merchant, of Merchant Law Group, said the suit will represent three classes of people -- those who have become sick after ingesting the food, those who have suffered a financial loss for having to throw meat out and those who are suffering from mental distress because of the outbreak.
    "All sorts of people have eaten the meats and have the reasonable expectation that they may be endangered," said Merchant. "So, for the next 90 days, they're not even going to know if they have a problem.
    "We believe that in this kind of an instance there may be millions of people who are entitled to compensation."
    The suit is being launched in four provinces -- Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
    Juanita Melvin, a plaintiff in the Maple Leaf lawsuit, got sick after eating one of the tainted products.
    "I wasn't sure why I was sick and then I heard about the outbreak," Melvin told CTV's Canada AM on Tuesday from Quebec. "I went into a panic because in 1981 I lost my son because of the same bacteria."
    Merchant said it could take months before a judge approves the cases and years before the complainants receive compensation.
    "We'll find out whether Maple Leaf handled the recall properly and we'll find out whether they knew about the problems and reacted early enough," said Merchant.
    Anyone wishing for more information from the company can call their consumer affairs hotline at 1-800-568-5801.
    For more information online about the recalled products click here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is a link to the update list of recalls -

http://www.mapleleaf.ca/pdf/BartorRd...RecallList.pdf

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    Here is a link to the update list of recalls -

http://www.mapleleaf.ca/pdf/BartorRd...RecallList.pdf
    Thank you!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Honestly I think from now on ill just buy whole hams and roasts and such and use my dads meat slicer and make my own lunch meat.

Like we just ate the ready to eat chicken thats been recalled on Saturday.

I am furious they waited until late Sunday to do the recall it should of been done well before the weekend.
    Hubby said that he wants to do the same thing...

BTW
    I would be absolutely livid with Maple Leaf!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I guess you all heard the death toll is now up to 12.
    11 in Ontario and 1 in B.C.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Originally Posted by Sally888

Sally...that's what I am doing. Just finished cooking up an eye of round and will be slicing that up for lunch meats.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have a bunch of maple leaf products, when you buy maple leaf products you think it's the best of the best, and although non of the products i had have 97B on them at the moment, but have been consuming alot of maple leaf products since summer, i am unsure about eating anything produced by them right now, if they can be that careless over their factory to the point they "will never know where it came from" as was mentioned in an interview, it makes me wonder how much better are any other of their factory's. sadly their product packing list is extensive with soooo many common names. A little hard to avoid.

My friends have stuff with 97B written on. So thats just scary.

But you can tell they are feeling the heat, and worried about the recent recalls as on their site with the recalls and other information they had "Check back often to see what we are doing to win back your confidence"

I'm not sure how others feel about that, but i feel it's a little disturbing as peoples loved ones died from their products, and others sick, as well as all the moneys worth of products people have to throw away, and they are trying to "win over" your purchases as a customer already, that is just disgusting, i feel like it is the WRONG time right now to say something like that, they only care about the money, as they posted on the interviews they would loss approx $20 million, how arrogant!!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

two people in my area died from it...elderly i believe it was on the news this morning i was still in bed and half listening to it

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know the head butcher at the place Dar works, and he has already noticed that anything with the MapleLeaf name people won't touch, and so figures he just will not stock ANY ML product....why bother....just to throw it out!!!???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information