User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Sears Liquidation

  1. #16
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    13,532
    Likes Received
    10620
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)




    Any updates? Saw on tv some things were 20% off but seems kinda high to start..

    Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    ROMEO and barbis9 like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

    Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

    http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink



  2. #17
    Canadian Genius anisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lost in my mind
    Posts
    7,842
    Likes Received
    7140
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    I might pop in now and then to see if I can find household items, maybe kids clothes.

    Sears will definitely be one less store for me to shop at in the US.

    I already refuse to shop at Target in the US.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and GoJays like this.


  3. #18
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    13,532
    Likes Received
    10620
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    I might pop in now and then to see if I can find household items, maybe kids clothes.

    Sears will definitely be one less store for me to shop at in the US.

    I already refuse to shop at Target in the US.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Keep us posted! Any good deals on kids winter boots?

    Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    anisa and barbis9 like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

    Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

    http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink



  4. #19
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,411
    Likes Received
    2528
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    The one in our city is in a mall that still had an empty Target store. Apparently walmart is moving in next year, but all we will have in our main mall is a very small Bay store and a brand new Walmart (I loathe walmart)
    I find this curious that you say Walmart's planning to move into mall-space. Walmart's strategy is typically to move AWAY from the malls and build their own properties. That way they dont pay a lease to a property they don't own. And they don't have to be bound to follow any restrictions of the malls, their boards, and their politics.
    anisa likes this.

  5. #20
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    37,335
    Likes Received
    59591
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Share your experiences and your plan of attack.



    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Initially my plan was to buy something just to top up my Sears reward points ( but I even forget how much you need to spend to earn points now? )
    It would only have been $10.00 off anyways, ( lowest reward ) but SOL on that front as I then discovered they stopped customers from earning points on June 22nd.
    So my accumulated 1,921 points dies a natural death I guess?

    Then my extended warranty fiasco. I renewed on June 1st , good till 2020....ha ha ! SOL again, the agreements are now null and void.
    I have a small window of hope with the CC company that I charged the warranty fee to. I must apply with proof of the Sears agreement showing I paid it in full and " maybe " they will reimburse me. Fingers crossed!

    My new plan is to flip the Sears store fronts the bird anytime I drive by any of them.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Oct 20th, 2017 at 08:43 AM.
    anisa, Colsgirl, Tweets77 and 6 others like this.






  6. #21
    Canadian Genius anisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lost in my mind
    Posts
    7,842
    Likes Received
    7140
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I find this curious that you say Walmart's planning to move into mall-space. Walmart's strategy is typically to move AWAY from the malls and build their own properties. That way they dont pay a lease to a property they don't own. And they don't have to be bound to follow any restrictions of the malls, their boards, and their politics.
    For many, many years I have shopped at 2 larger Walmart in malls.

    they have both been around for about 20 years and so perhaps it was an earlier business model.

    I wonder if they might be limited with construction in our area by greenbelt space.



    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Oct 20th, 2017 at 09:00 AM.
    GoJays likes this.


  7. #22
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,880
    Likes Received
    37939
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Share your experiences and your plan of attack.



    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    1. avoid Sears stores
    2. check out Brands Gone Wild/Closeout King etc for Sears merchandise
    3. look at Dollarama/Dollar Tree etc for Sears merchandise
    4. check at Amazon.ca for Sears merchandise, since Sears and Amazon are working together now
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterl.../#32c772176ee8

  8. #23
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,701
    Likes Received
    2646
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    For many, many years I have shopped at 2 larger Walmart in malls.

    they have both been around for about 20 years and so perhaps it was an earlier business model.

    I wonder if they might be limited with construction in our area by greenbelt space.



    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Walmart in malls twenty years ago would be Woolco locations.
    anisa likes this.

  9. #24
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,742
    Likes Received
    4219
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Walmart has moved into 2 locations that were previously occupied by Target - both are in malls. So a little more recent than 20 years ago. I guess they will establish themselves wherever there is a market.

    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    For many, many years I have shopped at 2 larger Walmart in malls.

    they have both been around for about 20 years and so perhaps it was an earlier business model.

    I wonder if they might be limited with construction in our area by greenbelt space.



    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    anisa likes this.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

  10. #25
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    1,124
    Likes Received
    371
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)



    Yup! Woolco locations! Our Woolco changed to Walmart 23 years ago. Only reason I remember is because I was pregnant LOL!
    Last edited by kelsie94; Fri, Oct 20th, 2017 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo
    anisa, ROMEO and Angela273 like this.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

  11. #26
    Canadian Genius anisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lost in my mind
    Posts
    7,842
    Likes Received
    7140
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    Yup! Woolco locations! Our Woolco changed to Walmart 23 years ago. Only reason I remember is because I was pregnant LOL!
    Yup at least one used to be a woolco
    the Woodwards in that mall became The Bay, and now the one that was left, Sears, will be gone as well.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


  12. #27
    Canadian Genius Tweets77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N.W. Ontario
    Posts
    7,229
    Likes Received
    8935
    Trading Score
    167 (100%)




    I am sorry to hear that that happened to you. Sears sucks.


    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Initially my plan was to buy something just to top up my Sears reward points ( but I even forget how much you need to spend to earn points now? )
    It would only have been $10.00 off anyways, ( lowest reward ) but SOL on that front as I then discovered they stopped customers from earning points on June 22nd.
    So my accumulated 1,921 points dies a natural death I guess?

    Then my extended warranty fiasco. I renewed on June 1st , good till 2020....ha ha ! SOL again, the agreements are now null and void.
    I have a small window of hope with the CC company that I charged the warranty fee to. I must apply with proof of the Sears agreement showing I paid it in full and " maybe " they will reimburse me. Fingers crossed!

    My new plan is to flip the Sears store fronts the bird anytime I drive by any of them.
    ROMEO likes this.

  13. #28
    Smart Canuck matrix82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,558
    Likes Received
    828
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    It was a crazy place today
    It reminded me very much of Target when it closed but with less staff.

    10% off and 20% off. My plan was to stick with clearance items and things I was going to buy anyway.

    I picked up a bunch of candles (sears brand jar candles and Yankee brand), shear pins for my snowblower and a soap dispenser.

    Also picked up a big black roaster fir the same price Walmart had them last week.

    The big deals were on display model furniture. Mattresses going at 75% off...but from the looks of them they've been display for a while (dirty).

    There were also piles of items I never knew sears carried like pens and stationary.

    Big ticket items still were only 10% off.
    sweetmomma and Shwa Girl like this.

  14. #29
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    1,853
    Likes Received
    3596
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Ya I'm going to wait until Dec and it looks like the website has been completely taken down just a notice and store locations remain
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sun, Oct 22nd, 2017 at 08:13 PM.

  15. #30
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    1,853
    Likes Received
    3596
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •