User Tag List

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 :In QC we dont have overages coupons policies except maybe wal mart but I dont go there often.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! E-mailed Manns for coupons and I hope to get some this time!!! We purchased a lot of fresh ground beef because it was at a decent price this week so we frozen 1 package for futurs hamburgers and tacos.I did redeem my last 3 Wong Wing coupons with the deal I got last time.I hope to trade for more.Still waiting for the 2 Loblaws Gifts Cards (father and I) and my couponning friend in same city got her last week.....I did a Survey on a french couponning group to know who as received their and it was a 65% yes so I should not be long before they come.I raoked 2 persons this weeks and it feel great to give.!"!!! 1 raok was the baby milk coupon nutramigen for my couponning friend and the other was glucerna coupons ,checks and similac checks for a sick person on my french couponning group.I know Glucerna without coupons is expensive and it suck to be sick without coupons.Since I received 3 raok since 1 years,I like to give back .Maxi have a 1$ sale this upcoming week and they have goods deals.Have a great evening everyone xox

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have 1 GO VEGGIE FPC max 6,29$ expiry december31 ,2018 and 2x1$ off GO VEGGIE coupons same expiry up to trade but not posted yet if anyone is interested

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made turkey soup for supper tonight. I asked our son if he wanted to help me make the tea biscuits. He declined, but little twin sister ran over enthusiastically. I need smaller aprons, but she still wore one and stood on a kitchen chair to help.

I was supposed to have a drop-in kid tomorrow, but she is sick. Hopefully she feels better and is able to come next week. Two people were supposed to come for baby clothes, but delayed last minute. I have made $8 in sales so far this week.

Since I’ll only have our twins and my older Daycare girl tomorrow, I think I’ll empty the freezer and put the stuff outside. My dad cautioned that it is warming up and it might be one of last cold days. I have boxes and a blue cooler that I can put the food in to protect it from any critters or random cats. I’ll have to shovel the deck first, to get rid of the large amount of new snow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:14 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was doing so good budgeting until I walked past a food specialty shop today..... it was so tempting to browse, I bought a soy candle and a chocolate bunny so the damage wasn't too bad. Also some of the fruit I bought on the weekend at Food Basics has gone mouldy, will have to get a refund. Will be glad once the weather gets warmer and produce is fresher and lasts longer.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Mar 7th, 2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I made turkey soup for supper tonight. I asked our son if he wanted to help me make the tea biscuits. He declined, but little twin sister ran over enthusiastically. I need smaller aprons, but she still wore one and stood on a kitchen chair to help.

I was supposed to have a drop-in kid tomorrow, but she is sick. Hopefully she feels better and is able to come next week. Two people were supposed to come for baby clothes, but delayed last minute. I have made $8 in sales so far this week.

Since I’ll only have our twins and my older Daycare girl tomorrow, I think I’ll empty the freezer and put the stuff outside. My dad cautioned that it is warming up and it might be one of last cold days. I have boxes and a blue cooler that I can put the food in to protect it from any critters or random cats. I’ll have to shovel the deck first, to get rid of the large amount of new snow.
    If you are defrosting your freezer, it really takes no time at all. I usually just put the frozen food in a pile and throw a sleeping bag over it until defrosted. To defrost quickly, I use a hair dryer and an small ice scraper - ice comes off within minutes. Unplug the freezer first of course I also use a dustpan to scoop the loose ice and remove it from the bottom of the freezer.
    Last edited by momof5boys; Thu, Mar 8th, 2018 at 12:56 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

momof5 boys thanks for the tips on defrosting freezer -mine is so full of bread ,and items will wait til spring to defrost
    -up early 4.20 a.m so did a load of laundry ,may pop out today thrift shopping talize ,take my empty finds to the beer store and pop the girls (daughter & daughter-in-law)kiddie clothing into once upon a child)since yesterday got used up at hospital and waiting for daughter-in-law mind you she asked do you mind if I pop into Costco so we did to get pictures (I have lovely pictures of cara and Ashlyn with a few real chicks in the picture also(her friend whos a photographer did them) -sooo cute)I also grabbed downey big jug on sale 11.something as d.i.l got Kirkland baby wipes on sale

this morning ordered cpns form save.ca a new Rubbermaid produce container 3.00 off and a few others that are not new (not sure hope much these go for but will check)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    If you are defrosting your freezer, it really takes no time at all. I usually just put the frozen food in a pile and throw a sleeping bag over it until defrosted. To defrost quickly, I use a hair dryer and an small ice scraper - ice comes off within minutes. Unplug the freezer first of course I also use a dustpan to scoop the loose ice and remove it from the bottom of the freezer.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but there seems to be some ice buildup inside the lid itself. I also do not own a hair dryer, so it will take a while to fully thaw. I’ll unplug the freezer, put the stuff outside, leave the lid open, the door to the room open, empty ice as it become loose, etc.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Have a fabulous day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I shoveled half of the deck. In some places the snow is deeper than the little kids are tall. I’ll shovel more before taking the kids outside to play tomorrow, when it warms up. I have the freezer emptied and outside on the table, on the back deck. A towel is collecting the drip of water from the lid of the freezer. I turned the house temp up a little.

I put a few smaller things in the fridge freezer. I took out the tin of Christmas baking. The healthy cookies and home made fruit smoothie popsicles became morning snack. The kids were happy about that. I’ll eat marshmallow peanut butter squares later, then the tin can be washed and put away.

We plan on going to a movie fundraiser at our son’s school tomorrow night. They are playing Ferdinand in the school gym, by donation, and selling concession items.

Today’s CO51 offer is apple sauce.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Mar 8th, 2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I had a productive morning
    -went to once upon a child got 34.00 for my daughter-in-law and 15.60 for my daughter,then I spent 11.00 on the grandkids
    Sebastian I got joe fresh sleepers 4.00 and Ashlyn a gap top 4.50 and a gap tank top 2.50(cara has tons of clothing she doesn't need any (a lot of new clothing from friends when she was born and clothes passed down from Ashlyn and cousin on daughter-in-law's side Judith)
    -then popped into beer store 1.60 for bottles/cans I found
    -then over to talize they had 50% off childrens and ladies active wear -I got a reitmans workout jacket 7.99-50%=3.99 now I have a walking exercise jacket and a bathroom pail 1.99-10%seniors discount =1.70
    -then popped into dennigers got some buns fresh cheese and a donut monster donut-apple fritter worth the 2.99 split it with hubby ,oh and got some easter choclate little beetles from Germany for the grandkids
    home now to relax plus I have to have the car back to hubby by 1.30 -lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all... sold the dresser, and the old Wii.
    bought 2 daycare cots... I sent my oldest to get them. she called me on the way back and said.. um... mom... are ya sure. I said yes... silly me..
    they were nothing like the picture. nothing.. colour was even wrong. I messaged the person.... they disagreed. I sold them to the person who had wanted them fr her dogs. I was totally honest... and gave her the full details. I ended up losing 20.00 total. but it could have been worst.

contacted prime chicken about the size and quality of thier chicken chunks.... they sent a 10.00 and a 5.00 coupon. I was not impressed with the chicken.
    sent a email to oxy clean giving a huge complement to them . love thier spray pre treater.
    hope the send out some coupons.

SUV is back from the shop tonight... we will be contacting dodge as the mechanic a- suggested we do , and B- it was faulty parts and should be covered under warrenty .
    the auto shop is being very detailed with the bill.

I am having another cupof tea. and hopefully figuring out supper. lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I did a walk to Longos for juice, produce and one first aid item. Then a can walk (day's total was $2.60) and a quick stop for pasta and Aylmer's Accents at Fortinos. Made curried lentil stew. Ran two loads of towels in the washer and managed to unpick the two rows of fraying pink ribbons on the skirt I bought on Monday (so I can start to tinker with seams to fit the garment for Mom).

This crisp morning, a fast walk to Walmart for the pop specials and handy tote bag managed to carry the load of two bundles. Did not wish to use the shopping cart in the snow (with the icy underlay and intriguing snowy peaks).

Community paper bundle was on the driveway this morning and all grocery chain flyers were inside-yay.
    @coupon girl -You do very well at Talize! Wish I regularly obtained the Mountain news as I don't always know when Talize's 50% off clothing sale is on-only a couple of sales per year seem to be advertised in all of the weekly community papers. Have found the Hamilton store frustrating with their deal of the day signage as it does not always indicate what the day's deal is and I don't want to bother the staff unless it's the manager.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

With all the interest in local foods and supporting food producers, I thought everyone would be keen to read how one chef in Toronto is making the most of seasonal produce in his restaurant (the cabbage bit was news to me):
    https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...gredients.html

The photo of some foods like wild ginger (looks like bendy straws with knobs) was fun in the paper.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Everything is back in the freezer, almost exactly where I had it before. My freezer was organized to begin with, that was not the problem.

My migraine is pretty bad today. It hasn’t gone away in 2 months. I stopped taking my migraine preventative this week because the side effects were affecting me and decreasing my quality of life.

Supper was roast turkey, cranberry sauce, KD, steamed fresh cauliflower, and garden carrot sticks. We have 2 or 3 large garden carrots left in the crisper.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information