User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By maple7
  • 6 Post By barbis9
  • 2 Post By maple7
  • 2 Post By barbis9
  • 3 Post By maple7

Thread: Anyone returned a Beauty Boutique item with gift with purchase?

  1. #1
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,408
    Likes Received
    3292
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    0
    I purchased items in-store at a SDM Beauty Boutique and their promo was a gift bag with samples if you spent $125. If I return an item, do they normally want the free gift back as well? I spent $143 but the item I'd return is $98 so I'd be way under $125. I know my daughter would like the free samples, if I need to return the bag, I'll probably return the whole order.

    Any experiences?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.


  2. #2
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,720
    Likes Received
    4749
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Unfortunately you have to return the free stuff, unless you are exchanging for something else of equal value in cosmetics. I have worked in stores where they take back even used free stuff as that is the terms of the promtion.

  3. #3
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,408
    Likes Received
    3292
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Unfortunately you have to return the free stuff, unless you are exchanging for something else of equal value in cosmetics. I have worked in stores where they take back even used free stuff as that is the terms of the promtion.
    Thank you @barbis9 , I was hoping someone would answer. I have other items to buy in cosmetics, that would not be an issue. I could see an exchange being a bit messy, I think I will try to go before beauty week on Saturday. Thank you again, your info really helps.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

  4. #4
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,720
    Likes Received
    4749
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Thank you @barbis9, I was hoping someone would answer. I have other items to buy in cosmetics, that would not be an issue. I could see an exchange being a bit messy, I think I will try to go before beauty week on Saturday. Thank you again, your info really helps.
    It all depends on the store of course too. An exchange to them is better than a refund. Ask, it never hurts and maybe they let you keep the freebies. Please post what happens. You could also purchase a gala ticket as that would make the consultant happy.
    Ciel and maple7 like this.

  5. #5
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,408
    Likes Received
    3292
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    @barbis9 , I went into Shoppers on Friday, didn't take the previous purchase, just went to talk to them and plan purchases/check stock for Gala day. When I asked them about returns/exchanges and the free bag, they said they would have no issue with me keeping the bag. There were two cosmeticians answering, when I commented about being well under the required level, one said that if I was really worried about it, don't mention the free item when I come in.

    I think from their point of view, I made the purchase in good faith and therefore wouldn't take the free item back. However, I think all it would take is a few people taking advantage of them and the policy would change. Also, while I consider this store a great store, this past year they have been a bit inconsistent and I suspect another cosmetician could possibly respond differently.

    Anyway, I think I've decided to keep the item, it's a gift, just thought I might get something different but I'm still happy with my purchase. Great suggestion on the Gala ticket, I had purchased one at another store (non Beauty Boutique) but bought a second one. It's a great promo and a way to support Women's Health and my local stores.

    Thank you so much for your help.
    Tweets77, barbis9 and rameen like this.

  6. #6
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6342
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    I think from their point of view, I made the purchase in good faith and therefore wouldn't take the free item back. However, I think all it would take is a few people taking advantage of them and the policy would change. Also, while I consider this store a great store, this past year they have been a bit inconsistent and I suspect another cosmetician could possibly respond differently.
    i've found when it comes to retail (not just shoppers) there can be wild inconsistencies.. i've seen some staff just shrug off the free gift as no big deal and i've seen other staff require you to pay the value of the gift item (even if the value is nearly equal the cost of the item your returning!) (note that this wasn't at a shoppers location) i think these can be the grey areas that are not covered in training leaving it up to the staff to figure it out
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •