User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: 2019 Financial Resolutions...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No spending this month on misc. Basics for groceries (fresh stuff) and use up freezer stuff. No junk purchases since we are all back to eating healthy.

Declutter and post stuff for sale. (did the linen closet on the weekend and found lots of things to use up (HBA stuff)
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Under spending plan for 2019 to-date. That is great as it allows me to splurge on some things that I do not need but want! LOL
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday is Friday so budget clean up.

$240.00 grocery money carried over to the next period. Buying fresh stuff/groceries with change. Very minimum spending. Trying to plan meals at home and have stuff ready for the kids to eat.

PC PTS
    #1 $828
    #2 $18

I have $100 cash in my wallet for my free spending. $200 tucked away incase needed. Transferred payment to main credit card to cover gas fill up and the little things charged over the next while.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... My finances are looking a little better overall than I thought they would be right after graduation. I am currently on track to wipe out my Educational Line of Credit by the end of November (It was at ~$7,000 in August), and the OSAP loans within about 24 months (Using the money from my Line payments, approx. $1,500/mo. onto the OSAP.) And I should still be able to do some saving as well. And this is all with a job that only pays $15/hr, I could only imagine how much better/faster I could be paying off debt/saving with a higher paying job.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Returns on investments are 3x what my plan needs them to be to-date this year. Can change at any minute but the higher the multiple the greater fall I can absorb and still be fine. All good all-in-all! Am grateful for that!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Sep 11th, 2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For the 1st time ever DH has a pension plan at work. It’s a Defined Contribution plan but there is a decent match from the employer. Since we both plan to retire by 60 this is a nice push for our retirement plans. Less than 8 years for me. Also on the saving front starting my kids RESP when he was 3 months old is paying off in spades. All costs associated to 1st year are covered with some extra set aside and he still has much more in the plan. His younger brothers plan has not had the same performance but his plan still has a few yrs to grow
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday is Friday so cleaned up the budget today and set up payments for Friday.

Paid $300 to town towards 2020 property taxes.
    Paid a credit on my main credit card. Don't plan on using it the next week so hoping I can build the credit.

Just a few fresh grocery items I plan to buy in the next few days for the following week. Cooking/eating meals at/from home is going well. I have a jar of change I am using for groceries.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am thinking ahead and planning on the new year.

things need to be tightened up.. and honestly debt needs to go down. i have a plan. its a good plan. totally doable.

i was hoping that a insurace issue would be taken care of .. but the people are not stepping up . annoying but live and learn . so .. working on a bit of debt.

any hoo. i finally have my des area back . working on debt. and getting stuff done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned up the budget. Put a credit of $100 on my main credit card to cover gas fill up and groceries. (gas tank is full now so will top up when at half which shouldn't be till the weekend. Groceries, really just buying fresh stuff and not much since we have a freezer full and I am on a mission to use up meat/veggies from there)

PC pts are at:

#1 906,993
    #2 14,453

Airmiles suck. Have 74 lol
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget. Paying all credit cards off. Just received Enbridge bill and paid it and put the difference left in my budgeted amount on the hydro bill (will have a little credit going into the new year- I don't have the bill yet to see but happy it is paid and I don't have to worry about it)

Airmiles- Received my 100 AM bonus for buying the Foodland GC and some AM from shopping Amazon so my total is 202 AM so $20 to use at Foodland.

PC Pts $887.00 on main card and $14 on 2nd card. I do plan on redeeming at next grocery shop so giving myself $80 PC pts to use so I have a $800 balance going into the new year.

Looking forward to a non spending January and focus on cleaning/decluttering the house and using up what we have.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ha, I spoke too soon. The fence is falling over. Thankfully it’s just the one side that we did not replace 2 yrs ago. So a fence will be in the 2020 plans. Paid for DS1 second semester and parking today. He used my PC MC so at least I earn points on it.
    Ciel likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information