User Tag List

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well... I made the call to the manager I interviewed with at RCSS to see if the background check went okay and If I've got the job, and... I've GOT IT!! I have orientation tomorrow from 5 to 9pm and I can not wait! My first real job and my first job after university (although my convocation is on Thursday) and I'm working a job for the other convocations this week for a little more income. I think this will be a good fit and I can potentially work my way up at RCSS with my Business Degree, maybe even to a manager one day! Who know!
    @johnb56789 , congratulations. If they offer employee stock purchases, do so as soon as they allow. Nice benefits, including the employee discount and free employee sampling when the 'insider's report' comes out. There should be a binder with all the jobs available, and on the employee site of the website too. You may be eligible for student union awards, if you are paying union dues this year. Check your union website, if you are unionized.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @flemeth: coupons of tear pad posted in the dollars and cents scan tread mostly posted by mcminsen (mostly coupons for dove body wash or soap,axe,cavendish and yogurts coupons )
    @cath007 the coupons that I have for dove body wash /soap will Exp soon.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@flemeth : that is ok maybe we will trade another time.Thanks for letting me know.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @johnb56789, congratulations. If they offer employee stock purchases, do so as soon as they allow. Nice benefits, including the employee discount and free employee sampling when the 'insider's report' comes out. There should be a binder with all the jobs available, and on the employee site of the website too. You may be eligible for student union awards, if you are paying union dues this year. Check your union website, if you are unionized.
    Thank you Shwa Girl. Yes, the do offer the Employee Stock "Option" for the replenishment crew too. Happily getting that along with the Staff card, a $1.00/hr premium over minimum to start ($15/hr), health benefits (Eventually), and apparently a 25% discount on my Koodo plan. One of my friends works for Loblaw Mobile Shop and told me he can give employee discounts for those working at RCSS. So that could bring my super discounted plan even more ($55/mo for 16GB down to $41.25/mo)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I used $9.86 in coupons at Sobeys.
    SCOPed a 4L 3.25% milk = $5.50
    Used my $5 gc from Maple Leaf hotdog promo.
    Redeemed $70 in Air Miles.
    Paid $19.46 oop
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Busy busy I am -keeps me young
    Friday we had Ashlyn for the day went to 2 splash pads and mcdonalds for lunch ,yumm only love their egg mcmuffins which I had a coupon for hubby and I ,she feel asleep in a few minutes ,we played barbies and used pencil crayons for coloring .I have the old laurentian pencil crayons which you cant buy anymore

My son picked her up at 11.00 and off we went to Toronto (as my son-in-law's parents cancelled on babysitting )
    Took Sebastian to playground for a bit then walked all along their area as he slept in the stroller .Daughter/son-in-law had a great time on their date night

We left Toronto at 8.00 p.m ,the driving home was unreal -first 2 ladies chatting in the car proceed to change lanes into our car ,my hubby had such good reflexes missed that one ,then stunt driving I noticed at ford plant ,Oakville area a car swerved from my passenger side right in front of our car then I looked over and saw one car 2 lanes over "I said to my hubby they are racing right -yep",i will never drive this way home my dear friends .I cant wait til my daughter and her family move into their house,then we can sleep over in the spare room and drive home on a sunday morning
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Thank you Shwa Girl. Yes, the do offer the Employee Stock "Option" for the replenishment crew too. Happily getting that along with the Staff card, a $1.00/hr premium over minimum to start ($15/hr), health benefits (Eventually), and apparently a 25% discount on my Koodo plan. One of my friends works for Loblaw Mobile Shop and told me he can give employee discounts for those working at RCSS. So that could bring my super discounted plan even more ($55/mo for 16GB down to $41.25/mo)
    Awesome perks.
    I worked part time for the same company, different brand. When I was there, you got a free turkey then it turned into a gift card for Christmas.

I think you are eligible to apply for jobs in all brands, RCSS, YIG, NF, Loblaws, Independent, Zehrs, head office etc.

And you may be eligible for scholarships through head office. I don't know the rules. They may pay for your last semester or your last year. Doesn't hurt to ask. Alls they can say is 'No'. But if you are considering graduate school, or a diploma or another undergrad degree, they may pay. They use to pay full cost of a retail degree.
    https://www.ryerson.ca/retail/about/
    Not sure if they still do.

Well done, sir!
    With the media release you previously had, I think your future's so bright, you ought to wear shades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jun 9th, 2019 at 08:13 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Busy busy I am -keeps me young
    Friday we had Ashlyn for the day went to 2 splash pads and mcdonalds for lunch ,yumm only love their egg mcmuffins which I had a coupon for hubby and I ,she feel asleep in a few minutes ,we played barbies and used pencil crayons for coloring .I have the old laurentian pencil crayons which you cant buy anymore

My son picked her up at 11.00 and off we went to Toronto (as my son-in-law's parents cancelled on babysitting )
    Took Sebastian to playground for a bit then walked all along their area as he slept in the stroller .Daughter/son-in-law had a great time on their date night

We left Toronto at 8.00 p.m ,the driving home was unreal -first 2 ladies chatting in the car proceed to change lanes into our car ,my hubby had such good reflexes missed that one ,then stunt driving I noticed at ford plant ,Oakville area a car swerved from my passenger side right in front of our car then I looked over and saw one car 2 lanes over "I said to my hubby they are racing right -yep",i will never drive this way home my dear friends .I cant wait til my daughter and her family move into their house,then we can sleep over in the spare room and drive home on a sunday morning
    Wow! Glad to hear you and your DH are o.k. Yes, driving in the GTA can be awful.
    I am sometimes driving in rural areas, for work. Couple of weeks ago, someone passed me on a double yellow line (no passing), going up a hill. We had no idea what was at the top of the hill. When we got to the top, the guy who passed had his brake light on. Why? It's a rural road. It was a tractor. Huge one. Took up the whole lane, the shoulder and a tiny bit of the line for oncoming traffic.
    We were driving 20 kph in a 80 kph zone. I was smiling because the guy who passed could not go anywhere. For 15 minutes.

So what happened to you, happens on rural road too.

Take care.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jun 9th, 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    yes Rural driving can be bad... i live in a small town ( slightly clicky redneck... ) and often will see 14 yr olds.. driving in the country.... my youngest ... who just got her Licinece came home a couple of weeks ago .. said a friend who is younger ( so she would 15) ... drives to work alll the time as hermom is to "busy " aka lazy ... the kid is 15.. ugh...

ok. yesterday shopping done. i may hit SDM today.. i need milk, sour cream.. ect.... do a 50.00 shop. 20x points.

plan is to work on the side deck area... aka... moving bricks.. sigh... then i get to go to the backyard, and have fun gardening... i have dirt to move as well.... i really really want to get the one area done. it will feel great if i do .

laundry. and more bbq for supper.

i posted a picture on fb of bbq last night.. and mentioned the beef place i get it from. they are a small farm. so i am hoping to get people interested in their beef. support farmers.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am going to get renters insurance I can get it through my bank they look at my credit rating and deduct it every month from my bank account. I looked at square one it’s nice and all 3 month off a credit card of someone else it’s lower but they want to look at your credit that’s why the 3 months with a credit card. I don’t want to F up someone else’s credit if I default because I went got renters insurance. So I am going to use my bank insurance to get it. I will phone the quote number into tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them to take it out the time I get paid every month.

Unfortunately I have something medically wrong this time and I went to the hospital again and the doctor said to me get out of his hospital and call the cops. Because I was giving a back story. He stopped listening after 5 mins in. He seemed really tired and over worked. I am not in the mood to go back to the hospital an there is no walk in open today because it’s Sunday. And I am not going to play doctor google either. I will live with the pain until it’s too much which is so stupid to do. I see my doctor on Thursday again.

I have no clue what is happening with mental health I went there on Thursday and have another appointment with yves the supervisor until they get someone new in the office. I don’t want to wait to the end of the time I am going to pressure them again.

I am pretty bored I have absolutely no money to go anywhere to do anything or buy anything. Next weekend is a food truck festival I may have $20. I am going to have to stop giving away my bottles to a girl in my community for now until I can afford to do it later.

I owe my sister 25$ I will pay her it when I get paid on 26th so I can send it through e transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta I also frequent a small butcher not to far from you. but I need a new option because they vacuum seal everything in plastic and I am trying to end my use of single use plastic so I need a new butcher. @flemeth the one coupon I was looking for to no avail (seriously all I see is the empty tear pad was the black diamond cheese slices. But at least they are on sale for 2.97 @ No frills so I picked up a few even without the coupon.
    I also did the 50xs event on Saturday and it paired nicely with some PCO for feminine hygiene products that I will send to the North. I spent 75.00 and earned 30000 points, its nice when that works out.
    my neighbour has his gas leaf blower on high-speed blowing the cut grass off his lawn, who does that!
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is cooked and kitchen cleaned. Everyone is on the go so can heat and eat when home. Made a container for my lunch tomorrow too. I wanted to get it done before i lose my steam. Laundry on the go too.
    I cut white lilacs from the yard and put in new to us big vase on table. They look beautiful! No idea how to post a picture here.
    DS works at 5 so will pop in No Frills and and SDM on way home. We dont really need much but who knows what i will find.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @giseldta I also frequent a small butcher not to far from you. but I need a new option because they vacuum seal everything in plastic and I am trying to end my use of single use plastic so I need a new butcher. @flemeth the one coupon I was looking for to no avail (seriously all I see is the empty tear pad was the black diamond cheese slices. But at least they are on sale for 2.97 @ No frills so I picked up a few even without the coupon.
    I also did the 50xs event on Saturday and it paired nicely with some PCO for feminine hygiene products that I will send to the North. I spent 75.00 and earned 30000 points, its nice when that works out.
    my neighbour has his gas leaf blower on high-speed blowing the cut grass off his lawn, who does that!
    ask if they can wrap in paper. Mine does that. Honestly.. it works really well. and i am full on reducing single use plastics.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. garden worked on.
    2 bikes donated.
    stinging nettles ... gone...
    sdm done... scanned recipit for swagbuck.. sent in 2... why didnt i get points.. points were given. 408.00 in pc so far. goal is 600 ... plus by sept 1.
    not bbqing .. running out of steam.. i may tomorrow. i will do frozen pizza for supper...
    rain is coming sometime.
    sb is running...
    last time i cashed in sb i replaced our bedframe on our king size bed... so much better!!!!!
    i am up to 10 there with another 20 coming.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am behaving but I am not good at this recovery thing. I feel bad for all of the things that I normally do but cannot right now.

Mom is doing laundry which hard on her, with her back and hips she has problems carrying the baskets up and down the stairs but I cannot lift the baskets for 3 weeks.

As well the garbage needs to go out, again too heavy for me to lift and there is no way I can get into the dumpster.

I feel really bad sitting here well Mom does everything. I cannot believe I cannot lift more than 10 lbs for 3 weeks, this is going to be hard.

I am supposed to be back in the office tomorrow but I do not think I can get in and out of car right now and I do not think I can sit at my desk so going to work from home. Mom has set up my laptop table over the love-seat so I can half sit/half lay and work on my laptop. I need the bruising and swelling to go down a little more so I can comfortable sit for extended periods of times.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information