User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I noticed when I was off work, I lost weight, but when I started working again, I noticed I quickly gained the weight I lost, and then some. Turns out my coffee habit was to blame (I had thought it was from just sitting at my desk). I checked the Tim Hortons Nutrition Calculator and found these shocking facts: a large double double has 230 calories, 12 grams of fat, 7 grams saturated fat and 26 grams of sugar. All this and no nutritional value!!!

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu...alculator.html

I used to have 3-4 large double doubles every day! That is equal to 690 to 920 calories just from coffee. I am so glad I stopped my coffee habit and replaced it with a cup or 2 of tea (a tea with 2 milk equals a measley 30 calories per large tea).

I am gonna have fun with this calculator. I have a Tims product every day, this will help me make better choices (and hopefully avoid the fat and calorie traps they have there).
    This thread is currently associated with: Tim Hortons
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: had to remove the chart - too large!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The first time I did Weight Watchers, that's when I started putting skim milk in my coffee instead of cream. At the time I worked in a place where you could drink all the coffee you wanted, and realized I was spending much of my points allowance on coffee!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just checked my lunch (chicken wrap snacker). That had 190 calories - fewer calories than a large double double. OMG I am so surprised!!!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

if you cut out the cream and sugar the coffee isn't horrible.. i take my coffee with a half teaspoon of sugar, no milk or cream and i feel no guilt

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I wish I liked my coffees like that, but I dont like the strong bitter taste of coffee (I find it very strong for my taste, thats why I had it with 2 cream & 2 sugar). I was gonna get a oatcake for break later with a tea, but those have 180 calories in em - might as well get a chicken wrap with ranch dressing - that clocks in a 190 calories. Much more tasty and way more filling.
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

WHAT!
    Thats insane!!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Now why doesn't that surprise me?! Scary though isn't it??! The best thing you can do is to drink your coffee black and your Tea plain. MAJOR calories/fat saved and you actually TASTE the product! lol I use to be addicted to Tims but than their coffee wore off on me and now I just drink everything plain.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That's why I cut out my Timmy in the morning. I only drink Tea and I always drink it black with no sugar.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    I wish I liked my coffees like that, but I dont like the strong bitter taste of coffee (I find it very strong for my taste, thats why I had it with 2 cream & 2 sugar). .
    that's how i used to take my coffee too Lil, but i slowly weaned myself off the milk and i can almost cut the sugar out completely.. half the time i don't put any in now, just the first cup in the morning.. i find it too heavy and sweet now if i drink it the way i used to

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

oh sweet god. i knew it was bad just didnt know it was that bad *sob* well, that explains it then. 2 coffees a day. gah.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I could never get into coffee; the first times I tried it, I drank it black. I was maybe 10 and would make it when my parents were out and my older sister was in charge. LOL, we thought it would make us more "sophisticated" to be drinking an adult drink. After drinking all that black coffee while pretending to be an adult but totally cringing the whole time, I realized that for my palate, green tea is where it's at. Now, that's all I drink.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I noticed when I was off work, I lost weight, but when I started working again, I noticed I quickly gained the weight I lost, and then some. Turns out my coffee habit was to blame (I had thought it was from just sitting at my desk). I checked the Tim Hortons Nutrition Calculator and found these shocking facts: a large double double has 230 calories, 12 grams of fat, 7 grams saturated fat and 26 grams of sugar. All this and no nutritional value!!!

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu...alculator.html

I used to have 3-4 large double doubles every day! That is equal to 690 to 920 calories just from coffee. I am so glad I stopped my coffee habit and replaced it with a cup or 2 of tea (a tea with 2 milk equals a measley 30 calories per large tea).

I am gonna have fun with this calculator. I have a Tims product every day, this will help me make better choices (and hopefully avoid the fat and calorie traps they have there).
    Well, I have to tell you that on the contrary, coffee burns fat and holds an appetite, but...

Tim Horton's coffee is not the coffee in a real meaning of coffee.

Why don't you try to drink ordinary black coffee brewed in a an ordinary coffeemaker (not an electric one, where you brew a mug of coffee, but an old-fashioned one, for a tiny coffee cup of a real coffee)?

Well, as for me, only one cup of black coffee (1 teaspoon of coffee, 0.5 teaspoon of sugar (or a little less, depends how strong I want) + a small coffee cup of water) I consider a real coffee which can burn fat and hold your appetite. Maybe because of my traditions I used to that?

Tim Horton's-like coffee is just a nice change to my cofee drinking habit. But I have to tell you that coffee in Tim Horton's, even the strongest one, with much less sugar is sooo far away from what we call Coffee.

Anyway, I like Tim Horotn's, comparing to other coffee-shops, their "coffee" is much better. But... of course, again not for in the meaning that "coffee burns fat", No, Not Tim Horton's (the same for Strubucks, and so on...).
    Last edited by Mia; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Why don't you try to drink ordinary black coffee brewed in a an ordinary coffeemaker (not an electric one, where you brew a mug of coffee, but an old-fashioned one, for a tiny coffee cup of a real coffee)?
    One word - Convenience. Theres a Tim Hortons in my building (first floor) - and I work on the second floor. I used to drink their coffee, but now am into their tea ( a tea with 2 milk = 30 calories).
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

One word - Convenience. Theres a Tim Hortons in my building (first floor) - and I work on the second floor. I used to drink their coffee, but now am into their tea ( a tea with 2 milk = 30 calories).
    Oh, I understand you. Especially when we have so little time.
    I am at home that's why I can allow myself to brew coffee

Yes, if you compare, tea is much better than their coffee.
    Last edited by Mia; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Tim Horton's used to be my downfall. I used to drink numerous double doubles a day. When I started my "lifestyle" change, I dropped the sugar out my Timmy's first and switched to sweetener. It was gross but I got used to it. Then I dropped out the cream and replaced it with milk. Dropped the sweetener after that. I can't go black because I don't like but I just drink my coffee now with skim milk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information