User Tag List

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I decided to go to No Frills at lunch to grab a few things. Stopping at Valu-mart on my way home to redeem PC Pts for ground beef (making taco meat) shrimp and TP if any.
    I am stocking up a bit and planning on not shopping this weekend and just stay away from people.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi all ..not posting those times because i feel awfull sorry
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hello @cath007 ! You have school and other things taking your time. Lovely to see you post a greeting!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Hi all ..not posting those times because i feel awfull sorry
    Always nice to see you!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Anime movie was great on the big screen. Popcorn prices are great-large is $6.50 but cinema was out of bags so I got the medium $6.00 bag and $0.50 butter too. Then later $2.25 M&Ms. Saw some movie previews. Is it just me or do certain older UK actors like period dramas (remakes and more) because they are constant reliable work projects? Keep seeing these actors in such movie trailers but I'd think tight fitting period-costumes must be a real both to wear unless the paycheque is seriously good $.

Saw a headline about Ontario public school being closed for last two weeks of March following March Break. Hmm, this seems more of saving money at year-end move, not a genuine coronavirus precaution move. So there will be folks with no paycheques and I've yet to hear the federal gov't's compensation plan (there is not one yet) for people who have to stay home in self-isolation if exposed to coronavirus. Ontario gov't will also not have to cut cheques to parents whose kids cannot access school-based childcare on strike days. This is about the money, folks...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm definitely getting the 50 yard waste bags at Rona tomorrow ($4.96 per 10pk). Local store has lots of stock and I'd be thrilled to have this item off my things to get list checked off. I'm down to two bags as of today and there's more raking in store for yours truly....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening yes son called me and said Ashlyn will be home for the 2 weeks ,but not sure if they may need me as daughter-in-law may be home due to her work.
    Son stopped into sobeys on the way home and he told me it was like a zoo,he managed to get a last toilet paper as he was down to 10 rolls .

Daughter told me is will be working from home tomorrow and she is down to 4 rolls (see my kids don't stock up on toilet paper ) I may take my dear daughter one of my pkgs -lol I am gonna rub myself with vicks tonight (rexall brand I mean as vicks was too much )at least my stomach isn't that sore anymore had a hard boiled egg with toast for supper .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -well I will be saving money on food/groceries this month as with my cold I don't wish to go out ,so hubby will be picking up the odd items here and there .T his morning ate cherrios and tea and toast just stuffed and sneezing yesterday I was .So I will not be going with son to ashlyn's gymnastics on sat he asked me to go as he has both girls (hubby said he will go and help him)

I have emerg c as I had bought some months ago,i wish I had a bigger stock of losenges but I have about 30 left ,I don't have a lot of meat in my freezer but again I am not running out and hording a ton of food .

Tonight will make pancakes ,bacon etc breakfast for supper sounds good .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 13th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning -well I will be saving money on food/groceries this month as with my cold I don't wish to go out ,so hubby will be picking up the odd items here and there .T his morning ate cherrios and tea and toast just stuffed and sneezing yesterday I was .So I will not be going with son to ashlyn's gymnastics on sat he asked me to go as he has both girls (hubby said he will go and help him)

I have emerg c as I had bought some months ago,i wish I had a bigger stock of losenges but I have about 30 left ,I don't have a lot of meat in my freezer but again I am not running out and hording a ton of food .

Tonight will make pancakes ,bacon etc breakfast for supper sounds good .
    I made pancakes last night . Felt like something different and then remembered I had pancake mix in cupboard. I sliced up fresh strawberries on top. DS ate 3 big ones.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning everyone.

Will see what more craziness can be added today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I heard the local Costco (I don't have a membership either)had about 200 people lined up outside it this morning -come on people

Gonna have my homemade chicken soup from the freezer for lunch -I think I have 3 more containers in there .It is always good for the colds warm soup.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 13th, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We ran out of Lysol wipes in one department and there is a staff member that is immune suppressed right now so I ran to No Frills to see if they had anything. No wipes but they had spray. Stood in line for somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes to pay, they are forming lines around the outside of the store. All cashes are open and they even have someone directing traffic at checkout to move people through.

This is getting insane but everyone agrees it all started as soon as the mentioned closing the schools for an extra 2 weeks. Chaos has now broke out.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i went to costco last night... i survived... but i will anxsity even thinking about that line again. i made a point of telling every single staff member i say they were amazing! i even left a comment card. for perpective.. the line up was on either side of the store... all teh way back to the very back. shevels were empty.. coolers were empty.. out of gr beef... and it was leaving as soon as it went back out on the floor...
    most people were fine.. however the lady that kept hitting my backside w ith her cart when i was in line.. i was going to lost it on... 5 times plus is not a accident....

my local foodland has gr beef ( lean ) on sale for 2.99. they are only putting out a few at a time to reduce people stockpiling. the cooler was full at 7 am .. and empty 15 min after.. a lady came in a took a cart full.... ...
    sorry... but that is not a need....

ok.
    today. hubby will prob be working all weekend...
    i am stress cleaning.. so that will be fun...lol. we were to go to oakvlle to visit middle.. prob not have time due to a work commitmemnt from hubby.
    but hey.. at least he is working.. if ineed to shut down.. i am self employed and that means no income....

2020.. the reason a reasonable pantry and a emercency fund is needed.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This morning.

No Frills. Huge checkout lines. Empty veg until next delivery. Dry goods pretty well picked over. Picked up a few items and through self checkout quickly.

FreshCo. Lines not too bad. Good selection of veg but some of poor quality. Similar dry goods situation.

Farm Boy. Longer lines than normal but great selection of very good veg.

Loblaws. Went in just to look. Lines quite long. Veg selection good. Dry goods picked over or gone.

Ah and so it goes.

Now off to LCBO to replenish that stock!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Schools in qc will be close for 2 weeks due to corona virus..anyway I got some major cleaning and tidy up to the appart to do...
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information