User Tag List

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Ciel-we expect her to move out here in the next couple of months. Funny you should ask about her as today is the 1 year anniversary of her fall and tomorrow she turns 88.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to Walmart today scopped a pkg of razors bic soliel 4.99 got 4 oxi spray 2.00 p.m food basic-2.00 cpn=free Scotties 6 pkg kleenex p.m sobeys 4.99-1.50 caddle=3.49

They had no single lara bars ,no hand sanitizer ,no toilet paper and daughter-in-law told me Costco is sold out of toilet paper too.The cashier were all wearing plastic gloves as of today -wow but it has hit our city now with the doctor that got it .

Stopped into shoppers on clearance table got
    (4) kind bars .25 expire march31/20
    p.c extra virgin olive oil 4.00
    central roast nuts 4.00 expires in may

relaxing and watching the joker movie with hubby .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Mar 11th, 2020 at 08:03 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well it is beginning to look like our planned 2 week cruise to Alaska in May will need to be cancelled. At least the cruise line is offering a credit-although I would rather have the cash back. If that is my worse problem this week I will take it-sure beats going around in circles on a cruise ship or an all expense paid 2 week trip to CFB Trenton!!
    glad they were able to do that for you .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i want to garden . i know it is way, way to early.. but.. i want to dig my hands in some soil... sigh .

ok. there is that.

i am heading to costco tomorrow night.. doing my shopping and my moms. so it will be a late night for me
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for pointing out the Costco socks on sale @Frugalbigmama . My younger son is in desperate need. But the thought of Costco scares me. We have had crazy long lines at Costco and I just want socks and milk. Maybe today at lunch since I am working at home.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all!

I made dinner last night and that was about it. I washed up most of the dishes this morning. Tonight I will tidy the kitchen and finish the laundry. Then we are off to DS's hockey game.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m doing early morning laundry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Coupon Girl. SDM has butter on for $2.99 each Saturday/Sunday Only (you mentioned you hadn't seen at this price for awhile)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a day! Stopped into No Frills and also Loblaws and FreshCo ... absolute ZOOS!!! Glad I just grabbed what I needed and was outta there! Got some great deals however and good PCO points ... so cannot really complain!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My local FreshCo is having identity issues once again! Maybe it is chain wide??

Late last year they stopped price matching a huge number of stores and went to only 4 (No Frills, Food Basics, RCSS, and Walmart). Then, as I was told by a cashier, they lost business, so early this year they went back to the old way of about 10-15 stores they price match (would have to check my list for the exact number).

Then Monday of this week I was told they are moving just back to the four stores again! DOH! and then this morning I was told well maybe Farm Boy also as it is across the street, and this afternoon maybe going back to all of them again to PM.

I told them they have lost me as a regular and I now shop at the stores directly (am lucky that that I have Farm Boy, Loblaws, FreshCo, No Frills, and Food Basics all in walking distance and Sobeys and Metro a quick TTC ride away if deals warrant it) and I do most of my PM at No Frills. Cannot be bothered to figure out what the FreshCo powers that be want to do this week! DOH!!!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Mar 12th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    My local FreshCo is having identity issues once again! Maybeit is chain wide??

Late last year they stopped price matching a huge number of stores and went to only 4 (No Frills, Food Basics, RCSS, and Walmart). Then, as I was told by a cashier, they lost business, so early this year they went back to the old way of about 10-15 stores they price match (would have to check my list for the exact number).

Then Monday of this week I was told they are moving just back to the four stores again! DOH! and then this morning I was told well maybe Farm Boy also as it is across the street, and this afternoon maybe going back to all of them again to PM.

I told them they have lost me as a regular and I now shop at the stores directly (am lucky that that I have Farm Boy, Loblaws, FreshCo, No Frills, and Food Basics all in walking distance and Sobeys and Metro a quick TTC ride away if deals warrant it) and I do most of my PM at No Frills. Cannot be bothered to figure out what the FreshCo powers that be want to do this week! DOH!!!
    My understanding is that Freshcos are franchised, and I suspect the basic contract terms require every store to PM while leaving it to each operator to decide which competitors, which would explain how your store can change its list multiple times in a short period.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    My understanding is that Freshcos are franchised, and I suspect the basic contract terms require every store to PM while leaving it to each operator to decide which competitors, which would explain how your store can change its list multiple times in a short period.
    You may be spot on... but it does not engender customer loyalty nor satisfaction ... staff told me they lost may customers in the first pass of this change and I suspect more in the second. I am a lucky one who can shop in many shops in the area easily!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortinos Ancaster-main reason I stopped in a little while ago was to check on the price of 5pk yard waste bags. New flyer states $3.99 which is $1 more than normal. Bags at my store are on sale for $2.79 (20 cents off) until next Wed.
    Noticed that store has signs on shelves and on CZ boards about 2 container limits on Lysol 35 ct wipes (Sale $2.49). Shelves were empty.

Have to dash-I want to get the matinee anime show at the Westdale. Hope to be back online in 2.5h!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -last night around 6.00 p.m after I gave the girls a bath (as Ashlyn asked me too) from my son's I felt awful (sore throat,tired,sneezing ) so took oil of oregano and went to bed at 8.30.Fast forward -I now have a cold ,darn cara had a runny nose on monday and sneezed right at me as I changed her diaper on the change table .Honestly she is in daycare 4 days a week and she is so tiny,she picks up all the bugs then I get them .

Thanks for the tip frugalbigmama about the butter ,I sent hubby to rexall for my pills today ,then shoppers for seniors day for milk and bread .S o I am saving money this month by hubby going out ,hoping to feel better by sunday as daughter needs us in Toronto as she and her hubby have a cooking class together (it was her xmas gift from him) unless it's cancelled .

I see that sobeys has their butter on for 2.99 ,so if I feel up to it on Friday may pop over there .I will see how I feel.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    You may be spot on... but it does not engender customer loyalty nor satisfaction ... staff told me they lost may customers in the first pass of this change and I suspect more in the second. I am a lucky one who can shop in many shops in the area easily!
    It may or may not apply in this instance, but from the merchant's point of view, serious PMers aren't the most desirable type of customer for the simple reason that PMing lowers the store's profit margin on the PMed items, and also requires more time and attention from cashiers than non-PMed purchases. Furthermore. it seems quite probable that PMers are more likely to be aware of and to go elsewhere for deals that aren't PMable because they're not in the competitors' flyers.

Note that I'm not saying PMers are completely undesirable as customers, but rather that any given store / operator wants to find a balance point that works, somewhere between PMing so few competitors that it loses too much business even though said lost business is lower-margin, and PMing so widely that the store's overall margin structure is seriously reduced relative to its planned level. .

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information