User Tag List

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

add my hubby to those who did not feel like he worked enought this week... he put in another 9 hours today at home.

i worked on a puzzle.
    it was my birthday.. i told everyone not to get me gifts... i didnot want them in stores.

1 of my dc parents gave me some gc. and 1 made me a amazing board with the kids name on it.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    add my hubby to those who did not feel like he worked enought this week... he put in another 9 hours today at home.

i worked on a puzzle.
    it was my birthday.. i told everyone not to get me gifts... i didnot want them in stores.

1 of my dc parents gave me some gc. and 1 made me a amazing board with the kids name on it.
    Happy Birthday, @Giseledta .
    I did not work today because I did way more than 40 hours this week. I think the coming week will be better as I have 99% of my team out of the office. I will work Sunday as I have a performance appraisal to deliver Monday and I have not completed the manager part.
    I felt super productive at home today and have decided I need to get back into a routine or else I am going to gain 20 pounds before this is over. So I went for a long walk before I started working in the yard. We ordered Thai for dinner, the restaurant has a pick up window and they included a lovely thank you note as lots of people are still trying to support the small business still operating. It made for a nice treat in a long week.
    Giseledta, Purdee, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

i worked on a puzzle.

@Giseledta Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you made most of this your special day
    Giseledta, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday Giseledta
    Giseledta, Ciel and Granger like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy birthday giseledta.

I got 7 and a half hours sleep so important to me while I have this shingles .Hubby is out raking now in the backyard.

Not sure if we should be walking outdoors so put 2 folding lawn chairs on the back deck with our glass table ,to enjoy the sun .
    I am trying to listen to music ,and do my puzzle and not stress at all ,as my shingles has not spread downward -yeah .I have taken 10 pills so far out of the 21.

Have a nice sunny day my friends .
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, Mom is home sick today woke up at 3 am coughing and a sore throat. Pretty sure it is just a spring cold but she is home. She actually has commented the number of people in the store that are sick right now is ridiculous but everyone keeps saying "well I wanted to get in before you close, or they shut us all down." I mean really people they do not sell an essential service, is it really worth it. I think Mom is now the 5th person out sick at her work.

I am trying to get stuff done but lacking motivation. Started to feel like I was coming down with a cold yesterday and did not sleep well last night, so I am feeling quite tired today. So far I am mostly just tidying things up.

Laundry is going and will be done soon. I thought about washing my sheets but now sure that will happen today. I really want to clean and get things out of my house but this is a catch 22 as right now with Covid-19, I have stopped selling stuff and do not want to go to donation bins so my only option is garbage. Trying to see if I can make some room to store stuff I want to sell so it is out of our way but not in the garbage.

Alright, time to get back to my day. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter called -she still is doing work on sunday ,reading for her job.She is thinking long term the ramification of covid-19 and my daughter-in-law is thinking will we have easter .At least my son and daughter and their families are going to video chat 2 times a week .

I have never ordered from a grocery store online is it easy like fortinos or Walmart is near me (my daughter-in-law told me today Walmart is booked up for a few weeks ?I figure you have to spend 50.00 or more but is there a fee? Does Walmart price match ?I may go this route as I cant go out for 7-10 days til my shingles scab over .In reality I don't need much now just milk ,some fruit ,so hubby will go during the senior hour on Monday .

Just changed our livingroom around ,now we can look out onto the street ,put our loveseat against the wall ,turned the rug around -I dusted and vacummed downstairs .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl, I have also wondered about Easter. Most of our family is now working from home but since all of the news reports are saying social distancing and all current precautions could last for a few months I am not sure Easter is a good idea. I trust my family is doing everything they can but I still have to factor in that my Mom works retail and is constantly in contact with the public.

As for online groceries, I personally have never ordered online but I am reading a lot about people using it right now and it seems very hit and miss. We were going to try to order at RCSS as it is close to Mom work but when we tried on Wednesday the earliest pick up time available was today at 6 pm. I have now heard from someone who tried to order today hoping to pick up Wednesday the earliest pick up time is next Monday (a week tomorrow).

Also, a lot of people do not realize, just because they let you order online does not mean you will actually get it when you pick up. When I was in Zehrs last week a staff member was pulling an order and called the customer to let them know more than half their order would not be filled as they did not have stock. As well since I went out shopping I checked some of the items we were going to order online and were showing as available and sure enough they did not have most of it. Just something to keep in mind.

I am really hoping the panic will calm down this week. I think if people stop the panic give the stores a week almost everything would be back in stock and they would see. But with this being said, there is now a rumour circulating on social media that now that Child Tax Benefits have been paid we will see a shut down within 1 to 2 weeks. They are claiming the government was waiting for Child Tax Benefit to come out so everyone could shop and now they will shut everything down. Like I said it is the rumour but again I see it causing more panic.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am feeling the panic right now. but it is actually helpingme come up with a plan b.. and c... cause i jsut think i may need one....

ok. today.. aundry, and kitchen. i may putter in my playroom. prob not...

this week.. well ... i am tackling the dc rooms for mon and Tues... . i want to spend a good hour or 2 outside on wed.
    then thursday and friday in the basement .

i might have 1 family for a few hours. they are .. front line workers... i knew this taking on the family and i will care for those kids no matter what.
    Morally it is the right thing to do .

ok. supper chicken bacon wraps.

hubby is at his computer working. he is so cute muttering at it....
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today was a Netflix day.
    Dinner tonight is a big Greek salad with chicken breasts.
    Purdee, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Today was a Netflix day.
    Dinner tonight is a big Greek salad with chicken breasts.
    I also did a Netflix day
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s one week in and I already have 2 garbage bags of clothes, but no one is accepting donations so I will hold onto them. Closets are cleaned and since we won’t be going out again all the winter stuff is packed away. I have not been out for groceries in almost a week and Fortinos have the pizza on sale that I could not find last week so will I am going out likely Monday. Need some produce and milk too.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sent my son an email -I never had his email before .I told the girls to be good for mommy and daddy ,and for cara to keep using the potty (plus sent them a selfie picture I took of my eyes and forehead to show them my shingles ) I had a tear in my eyes as I don't know when I will see them again -its hard .

Yesterday was the anniversary of my dear mom's death 7years it was .I still miss her ,so glad she is not going thru this as she was a very social person ,more so than I am .

I message my daughter yesterday and gave a same message to Sebastian - I am fine with this .
    Didn't walk today ,but raked with hubby .I think I will do some of the free videos exercise ones smart canucks posted starting on Monday morning .
    Ciel, Granger and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA QC: Olymel sausages amore 5,99$ BUT you have a free choice of a free product (o sole mio pastas or sauce) so I bought 2 packages of sausages and took 2 packages of free pastas because I already have sauce at home.

men the savings are hard to find in those crisis time and most stores will stop taking coupons all the tearpad where full I never seen that..
    Ciel, coupon girl, Granger and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

legault announced school are officially closed until may..that scrap my school year
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information