User Tag List

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny start here today.

I just realized that it is a 4 day work week. Yeah! I am feeling a little rough today so need to power thru.

Bed room will get 2nd coat of paint today. So happy this job is almost done. Bought the flooring for kitchen yesterday. He will get to it this week. Maybe Wed or Thursday. It is going to make a huge difference.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -beautifull day .I just raked some leaves from the neighbours front trellis ,as yesterday she said she couldn't bend down -age 71 so I picked up the branches and raked a bit for her .

Maybe hubby and I will take the bags to the recycle dump to dump leaves as they are not picking ours leaf and yard waste up .

Wow read 19 tickets in my area were handed out some people are not getting it that's for sure .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl, may not apply but you may need to check if they are accepting Yard Waste. Our local drop off is currently not accepting yard waste, currently you can only drop off household garbage materials.

I know there has been some confusion in our areas as they are open but limited what they accept.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    applied for the credit. as i have been closed. ... so .. that is good. i am going to listen to Trudeau.. then go rake the front yard.
    i may work in teh basement this afternoon.. and get more done there.
    i am not doing the greatest so .. just going to get a few thing needed done.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Opened my fridge this morning and it was dead. Ok so need new fridge. Moved all freezer stuff to the upright (good thing I have been cooking meals from it) then toss crapped and bagged stuff and brought to my moms to put in her fridge. Started cleaning it out. Went to plug in my diffuser in hall plug which is on other side of fridge and the plug wasn't working. So thought oh maybe breaker is off etc. It was!!! Fridge works! I was ok buying a new fridge but not shopping online and having delivered to front step without seeing it etc.
    Bought some time now

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama-wow saved by the breaker ,yes I wonder if my old fridge ever will go as its 22 years old -the other night it was making sounds

Hubby just took a wooden table I had (homemade folding one ) into the garage ,no worries as it was just holding a few items in my spare room .I could only do 500 piece puzzles on it anyway ,and I usually do 1,000 piece ones on my diningroom table .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I know they say with all of the stores closed you can still get everything you need but that is the part that bugs me is buying something I have not seen.

Right now I need to buy a new chair for my office, which is set up in my dinning room. I cannot sit on our dinning room chairs all day without having serious back pain. So right now I spend probably about 60% of my day sitting on the couch, but now I am in the living room with no proper work area and my laptop literally in my lap.

But the idea of buying a chair I have no seen worries me, what if it is worse than what I already have.

Do not get me wrong I realize why they are doing what they are doing closing stores but I wish some were able to stay open and maybe be by appointment only. This way, if you need something you can get it with less risk but still be confident with your purchase. But this would also mean that people would have to be truthful and if they are not feeling well, in self isolation or quarantine that they do not go to stores and if that was the case we would not be where are. This means again their are no clear answers other than to hope sometime in the foreseeable future things start to get better. So far I keep hearing if people start complying maybe in July or August, Wow that feels so far off.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I know they say with all of the stores closed you can still get everything you need but that is the part that bugs me is buying something I have not seen.

Right now I need to buy a new chair for my office, which is set up in my dinning room. I cannot sit on our dinning room chairs all day without having serious back pain. So right now I spend probably about 60% of my day sitting on the couch, but now I am in the living room with no proper work area and my laptop literally in my lap.

But the idea of buying a chair I have no seen worries me, what if it is worse than what I already have.

Do not get me wrong I realize why they are doing what they are doing closing stores but I wish some were able to stay open and maybe be by appointment only. This way, if you need something you can get it with less risk but still be confident with your purchase. But this would also mean that people would have to be truthful and if they are not feeling well, in self isolation or quarantine that they do not go to stores and if that was the case we would not be where are. This means again their are no clear answers other than to hope sometime in the foreseeable future things start to get better. So far I keep hearing if people start complying maybe in July or August, Wow that feels so far off.
    I am going to need to move DS's computer chair to the diningroom for me to use I think. I am uncomfortable too.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a glass bowl with lid in the freezer with meat sauce. So I thawed it out and made pasta for lunch. There is leftovers for DS for his lunch tomorrow. Put it in my working fridge

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so, i dont know if you guys remember, or if i mentioned it ... lol.... but over Christmas hubby hwas in pain, went to hospital.. tests ect.. turned out to be nerve damage to his neck.
    any hoo... after loads of checkingout various chairs.. we ended up buying a good one from amazon. the ones from staples.... were... way more money.. this one was pricey... but .. he is likingit.
    i am glad we did it ... as now he works from home ft. .. and prob will for a few more months.. .... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they have also extended his physio theraphy.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. front yard raked.. i have a few things to do out there... will prob do tomorrow. and i moved 4 wheel barrows of dirt.. and covered a area with grass seed.
    its 3 , i am in and taking a break , then will start laundry, clean the kitchen and make supper. sloppy joes.

wed is garbage day, so i am cleaning up any bits in the yards... we get 1 free bag a week currently.. and i am going to make the most of it. with no dc kids... i dont have a full bag.... but... i will check and make sure i do for the next few lol
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

For everyone talking gardening . I have never do a vegetable garden my DH usually buy plants and plant them . But this year I was planning on doing a little gardening buy myself planting seeds from scratch. When do anyone usually put in seeds in the ground let’s say bitter melon, butternut squash and jalapeños peppers and beans that’s what I have seeds for. TIA

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was suppose to have an endoscopy today but it didnt go ahead. They were afraid of my cough could be leading up to covid-19 I guess, maybe, I am really sad. Someone else spelled off her cough to saying it was because of acid reflux. I was honest and said it was because of asthma and allergies. But they didn’t want to risk it in case I had covid 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a load of laundry in the washer. Most will be hung up to dry. (bras, yoga pants etc)

Kitchen is clean just need to put away dry dishes on counter. I really don't want to anything. My guy will put the 2nd coat on the bedroom when he gets in. Will leave it to dry overnight before setting bedroom up.
    Guess I should go get my groceries back from my mom...fridge is empty except for the leftover pasta and water.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby took apart our power washer today ,he hasn't put all of it back together (I think its 7 years old) anyway his brother called and said see if it works if not don't buy the part as they are 39.00 you may as well buy a new one , so that is a future purchase .

Sassy -my dear daughter sits on ikea kitchen wooden chair to work in the kitchen ,I am sure that is not comfy .The odd time she will sit on her couch with her laptop ,and her couch is sooo comfy .

Supper was amy frozen margerita pizza -gee first time buying these and I may again as we cant eat any one like delissioetc as it give us extreme heartburn
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information