User Tag List

Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    link to petition for vaccine passports on change.org

https://www.change.org/p/federal-and...7-4de7fb8a07ad
    Thanks!! Signed and shared.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I certainly like the idea of a vaccine passport, but it concerns me that the folks who will have to enforce it would be hosts at restaurants and things, which I think might put them in the line of fire for some people, which is unfair.

I'd be quite happy to see this totally linked up with our health cards with a deadline on it of say, December 31st and after that, if you aren't vaccinated you don't have health care coverage and will have to pay for everything out of pocket. After that, you can't renew your license and so on. I recognize that this seems pretty draconian, but on the other hand, people have, and will die because of others' shenanigans. Besides, as it stands, in Ontario kids get sent home for not being fully vaccinated (I mean prior to the pandemic, with Polio, MMR and such), so why not?

Also, I understand that there are people who can't get vaccinated. I have a couple of friends with some specific illnesses who can't be vaccinated (cancers and genetic diseases) who wish they could be.

I got a thing in the mail today with information and encouragement about the vaccine, and personally, I don't think that those who refuse to be vaccinated aren't informed, rather I think they don't want to be told. I think some people like a fight.
    Last edited by alex78; Mon, Aug 9th, 2021 at 06:07 PM.
    SnowFlakey, dededi and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If it is the law that you need a passport then those without will be SOL with no recourse. The establishments will just be following the law. That is the key. Those without can ...
    SnowFlakey and dededi like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Today at 1:00 pm the QC govt will be unveiling the Vaccine Passport and how it will be and so on. So im going to be watching.
    walkonby, dededi and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well this is it. As of Sept 1st we will need a QR Code (vaccination Passport) to enter restaurants, bars, theatres, gyms, and all none essential services. The QR Code is the code issued after first and second vaccination. You can download the code onto your smart phone or have it sent by e-mail and you print it out or if you dont have either you can ask to have the QR code mailed to you.

If you dont have a QR code, you will be refused entry. Its as simple as that. the majority of businesses are ok with this because they said it is cheaper to refuse entry to a customer than face another lockdown. Besides, essential services will still be open to all as long as the Covid restrictions are followed: wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance.

Even with a QR code, we will still have to wear a mask, wash hands and keep distance. Thay doesnt change. At least now, when to go to a resto, i will know that everyone has been double vaxxed.

For sure there are some kinks that have to be worked out: unvaxxed kids under 12, peeps that for medical reasons cant be vaxxed, etc. Here's to the QC Govt who is trying their best to keep us safe and healthy.
    heartgirl99, walkonby and dededi like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to be honest for me, my concern is being around those who choose not be vaccinated (yes, it is their choice) but then possibly being around someone who is unable to be vaccinated.

I admit I feel that vaccine status is like politics, I do not discuss it, unless someone else brings it up and I do not ask people their status but if they openly share it with me so be it. I will also share that I am fully vaccinated, that is my choice.

But that is my concern as someone who goes into all of our branches and works with various staff members it is a concern. I do everything I can to limit my exposure but I do not know what others are doing.
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

At school the rule will be masks obligatory in common area and outside the class but not in class.I have no ink in my printer and no cellphone to me so not sure how I will get my qr code...grr
    When I got my 2 vaccine in july they handled out at the end a box of 50 disposables masks that was nice.
    My cousine got her box with a bottle of purrel so i guess it depend on the day you go!
    but I hope school will continue to give the masks.
    JadeAngel and SnowFlakey like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    At school the rule will be masks obligatory in common area and outside the class but not in class.I have no ink in my printer and no cellphone to me so not sure how I will get my qr code...grr
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    You can download the code onto your smart phone or have it sent by e-mail and you print it out or if you dont have either you can ask to have the QR code mailed to you.
    If QC can mail the code via Canada Post, other jurisdictions will probably do the same.
    cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I admit I feel that vaccine status is like politics, I do not discuss it, unless someone else brings it up and I do not ask people their status but if they openly share it with me so be it. I will also share that I am fully vaccinated, that is my choice.

But that is my concern as someone who goes into all of our branches and works with various staff members it is a concern. I do everything I can to limit my exposure but I do not know what others are doing.
    Treat everyone as if they are infected, maintain your 2m distance, and you are going to be fine.

I have noticed that vaccinated staff (with masks) keep inching towards me and I just keep backing away from them to maintain separation.
    Last edited by HermanH; Wed, Aug 11th, 2021 at 09:41 PM.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

My youngest grandson, who just turned 12, got vaxxed yesterday. And he threw up. they put him in a special room and watched to make sure he was ok. Everything is fine with him today. His next appt is on Sept 15th.

I dont know how i feel about voting during a pandemic. We have 2 elections; the Federal one in Sept and the Municipal one in Nov. For the Municipal election, the city send us a letter saying we were eligible for meil-in voting and all we had to do was call the City and register which i did. I wonder if this will be an option for the Federal election.

On the Covid front, as everyone can see, the cases are going up. Could be the result of loosening restrictions during the summer months. But im wondering if stricter restrictions will return. In QC, we still have masking restrictions, etc. And i am for vaccine passports. We can never be fully certain if everyone around us is vaxxed but in certain places we can be sure. And as long as masking laws are still in place, we can feel fairly safe in supermarkets. Or we can order for delivery.
    SassyAshley and dededi like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry to hear that your grandson felt ill after the vaccine. Poor boy. I bet you're glad he got it though, especially if he's going back to school. The news in Toronto said that 98 point something percent of hospital admissions from Covid over the last four months were for those not fully vaccinated.

My youngest grandson, who just turned 12, got vaxxed yesterday. And he threw up. they put him in a special room and watched to make sure he was ok. Everything is fine with him today. His next appt is on Sept 15th.

I dont know how i feel about voting during a pandemic. We have 2 elections; the Federal one in Sept and the Municipal one in Nov. For the Municipal election, the city send us a letter saying we were eligible for meil-in voting and all we had to do was call the City and register which i did. I wonder if this will be an option for the Federal election.

On the Covid front, as everyone can see, the cases are going up. Could be the result of loosening restrictions during the summer months. But im wondering if stricter restrictions will return. In QC, we still have masking restrictions, etc. And i am for vaccine passports. We can never be fully certain if everyone around us is vaxxed but in certain places we can be sure. And as long as masking laws are still in place, we can feel fairly safe in supermarkets. Or we can order for delivery.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And i am for vaccine passports. We can never be fully certain if everyone around us is vaxxed but in certain places we can be sure.
    You are falling for a false sense of security. Double-/triple-/quadruple-vaccination doses mean little reduction in CoVid transmission. The vaccine only protects the vaccinated from serious outcomes (usually.) They can still catch the virus and re-transmit it as efficiently as ever. The last time I checked, there was only one claim from Israel about a 10% reduction in transmissibility. At the time, the study was not yet peer-reviewed or replicated elsewhere.

Passports are irrelevant and simply another red herring attempt at finding new scapegoats that can now be legally discriminated and ostracized.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    If QC can mail the code via Canada Post, other jurisdictions will probably do the same.
    I did not find where to find the infos for that so if anyone know please it will be great to know it
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You are falling for a false sense of security. Double-/triple-/quadruple-vaccination doses mean little reduction in CoVid transmission. The vaccine only protects the vaccinated from serious outcomes (usually.) They can still catch the virus and re-transmit it as efficiently as ever.
    Source(s)?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that 'herd immunity' is a bit of a misnomer, with regards to CoVid.

Science News
    posted 2021-3-30

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ission-disease

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...e-transmission

A drop of 11% is close to a statistical margin of error. I think that this is the report to which Dr. Teresa Tam referred. It is out of Israel and is only a single report.

CoVid vaccines only prevent the innoculated from severe outcomes, not actual infection. The innoculated can still carry and shed virus, thus there is little to no protection of others.
    Israel claimed a 10% reduction. PHE (UK) claims 1/3 to 1/2 less transmissibility.

Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines - and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49% less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

Can people vaccinated against COVID-19 still spread the coronavirus?

Preliminary evidence seems to suggest the COVID-19 vaccines make it less likely someone who’s vaccinated will transmit the coronavirus, but the proof is not yet ironclad.
    You've Had a COVID ‘Breakthrough Infection’—Can You Really Spread It to Others?

Until recently, scientists were unsure whether fully vaccinated people who became infected with COVID-19 could transmit it to others. But the CDC report released in late July made it clear that some vaccinated people can get Delta in a breakthrough infection—and may be contagious. The CDC added that breakthrough infections “occur in only a small proportion of vaccinated people and of the breakthrough infections, transmission by the vaccinated appears to only be a small part of overall spread of the virus.” But the CDC says it does not yet have data on the likelihood of asymptomatic spread among vaccinated people.
    I think that it will be very difficult to know just how infectious vaccinated people are because their milder symptoms won't likely be noticed, since they are unlikely to need hospitalization.

So, should you worry that a fully vaccinated person who may have an asymptomatic breakthrough case can unknowingly transmit the virus to someone who is unvaccinated? I would say it’s not likely, but we don’t yet know with certainty, says Dr. Meyer. “Theoretically, it may be true that people are being infected by their asymptomatic vaccinated contacts, but we’re just not seeing that clinically,” she says. “And the verdict is out on this in terms of the epidemiologic data.”
    Last edited by HermanH; Tue, Aug 17th, 2021 at 11:51 PM.

Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information