User Tag List

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this is an older video but new to me! Pretty decent invention!

Purdee, SnowFlakey and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Masks are no longer required in BC but remain mandatory at doctors' offices, patient contact areas, and federally-regulated workplaces. . The passport is still in play until April 8th .

Im not changing my routine. Masks will be worn and IF we eat out it will be takeout. Not ready for this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am also not ready to be out with a mask . My family made the decision that we will continue to wear our mask until we are comfortable removing regardless what others do
    harbie, Tweets77, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I am so ready to not wear a mask at the store, even though I am immune compromised and have medications to reduce immunity even more. But I already got COVID-19 at exactly a year ago, plus vaccines. Totally done with masks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SnowFlakey and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    But I already got COVID-19 at exactly a year ago, plus vaccines.
    Be aware that re-infection is still possible, whether by the same strain or another variant.
    Last edited by HermanH; Fri, Mar 11th, 2022 at 07:36 PM.
    JadeAngel, SnowFlakey and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I am also not ready to be out with a mask . My family made the decision that we will continue to wear our mask until we are comfortable removing regardless what others do
    @flemeth , I agree. The labs can't keep up on their tests and are still behind on their tests. People who want a pcr test can't get them. The little kids under 5 years of age, can't even get a vaccine yet. In ON only 15% of children have their 2 doses. That's very low. These kids can get sick or pass on to their families or even their older relatives they go to visit.

And New Zealand, Thailand and Hong Kong are having bad COVID outbreaks. New Zealand is going into their "Fall" season now. Is this what we can expect in the Fall?

The ON politicians are thinkin about the election, IMHO and not the illness. It's a shame.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Be aware that re-infection is still possible, whether by the same strain or another variant.
    Totally on the ball on that one. I have done 3 Rapid Tests since December to January and all came out Negative. So far, so good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SnowFlakey, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    And New Zealand, Thailand and Hong Kong are having bad COVID outbreaks. New Zealand is going into their "Fall" season now. Is this what we can expect in the Fall?
    Exactly. I remember when they lifted masks here in the summer when the vaccine rates were super high and people got complacent. Then cold and flu season ramped up and between that and Covid numbers skyrocketing they imposed the masks again and it’s like people forgot how to wear them or to wear them at all. That’s why we won’t be removing masks in our household.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I will be the 1st to lose the mask. Done with this, can't wait. p.s. I am in school every day with 200 unmasked kids in the cafeteria. No worries.

Thankfully the vaxport ended yesterday. What a useless divisive tool of coercion. Legault is an a-hole.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Now there are major outbreaks in china and parts are on lockdown again. This new variant BA.2 has caused the worst outbreak in china in 2 years and their numbers more than doubled in 24 hours. It’s a little concerning but so far while it may spread easier it doesn’t appear to lead to hospitalization especially if vaccinated but still don’t want to get it. Not interested in being a long hauler or whatever they will find out later about long term organ, etc damage.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I believe that the sino inoculation was not as protective against Omicron as Pfizer or Moderna.
    JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I will be the 1st to lose the mask. Done with this, can't wait. p.s. I am in school every day with 200 unmasked kids in the cafeteria. No worries.

Thankfully the vaxport ended yesterday. What a useless divisive tool of coercion. Legault is an a-hole.
    @Patty Smyth . Nice to see you posting again. Hope you are well.
    Skippy, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Travel announcement tomorrow morning from the federal government: Canadians returning after April 1, fully vaccinated, will not need a pre-arrival COVID test.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...icial-83487566
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know of individuals (extended kin) pondering a visit Stateside next month for a family event and one of them is waiting to see what the rules are before deciding to go ahead with attending or staying put at home.

Not sure how much fun it might be if they all go and one gets the random airport testing upon return to Canada and possibly gets stuck with the stay in the hotels for isolation.

For the time being, I will use a mask at the library (have to check if any rules have been updated for March 21 or not-staffer did not know last week when I asked) and inside retail but once the weather heats up, I may not if I cannot breathe with it on. Getting harder to breathe for me and carrying a shopping basket and moving with a cane in a store.

I know once I am stuck staying at home (due to health issue),, I cannot expect other family to wear masks at home. Not with them bringing in a friend or two over and indoors every so often and guests also not wearing masks. I better plan ahead to the extent I can and make my room my happy place for spring.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Mar 16th, 2022 at 09:56 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I know once I am stuck staying at home (due to health issue),, I cannot expect other family to wear masks at home. Not with them bringing in a friend or two over and indoors every so often and guests also not wearing masks. I better plan ahead to the extent I can and make my room my happy place for spring.
    Do the best you can by ensuring proper ventilation; sit next to an open window.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread Information