User Tag List

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Got a rapid test kit "just in case". Very easy, called my pharmacy, clerk asked if i was a client, then took down my name and phone number, said they would call when available. Two days later i got a phone call, went there, gave proof of identity and got my kit. We may or may not have to use it, but its there if we need it.

DS got Covid from someone at work who was asymptomatic and had to isolate for 5 days. He only had a bit of a cold but everyone was required to be tested. He had a rapid test kit.

DD and her family went to sons hockey tournament in Shawiniagin on Dec 6th. Came home with a major cold which cleared up in time for Christmas. We spent Xmas with her and the rest of the family and all went well. I saw DD 2 weeks later and she was swollen like a balloon and in major pain. She went to the hospital and they took all sorts of tests and x-rays and said there was nothing medically wrong with her! Duh!! you dont get swollen for nothing. So she called her GP and saw the GP the next day who ordered more specific tests and x-rays and DD has contracted rheumotoid arthritis from that cold she caught. So right now she is off work at least until Mar 20, is on heavy pain killers and anti-inflammatories. She cant close her fingers into a fist and has no strength in her hands. Oh and she was tested to see if she was a long-hauler: she isnt. Never had Covid and doesnt have Covid. She has been tested at least 5 times since this started. Her last Covid test was 2 weeks ago.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I agree with the right to protest but i dont agree with the right to hold people hostage in their own homes and the desecration going on. Give it a rest! Youve made your point. And now apparently more seemly characters are infiltrating this protest. They say they have the right to not let the govt tell them what to put into their bodies, but hey they also have the right to refuse treatment if they get sick. Works both ways. My opinion. Im just tired of all this crap. These people should get a life and stop disrupting other peoples lives.
    Skippy, abbasgirl, harbie and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope the truckers keep it up until these ridiculous mandates end. Looks like there are plenty of folks who are willing to support them financially until that goal is reached. Far better behaved than the burn, loot, and murder protestors. I loved the MP who pointed out that the protestors actually cleaned up the racist graffiti and garbage thrown by others. Of course, facts like those never make the national news.
    JadeAngel likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    I agree with the right to protest but i dont agree with the right to hold people hostage in their own homes and the desecration going on. Give it a rest! Youve made your point. And now apparently more seemly characters are infiltrating this protest. They say they have the right to not let the govt tell them what to put into their bodies, but hey they also have the right to refuse treatment if they get sick. Works both ways. My opinion. Im just tired of all this crap. These people should get a life and stop disrupting other peoples lives.
    well said!
    Toronto is next, on Saturday. But there are a few hospitals including Princess Margaret cancer hospital that may be affected. Plus hospital staff and visitors working this weekend.
    Skippy and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Businesses closed, people not sleeping because of constant honking, scared to go out. Demonstraters going into homeless shelters demanding food, abusing staff at coffee shops. Even complaining they dont have access to bathrooms! Well if they went home, they would have all the bathrooms they need. So, GO HOME!!

Ahem! money is coming in from malcontents from around the world, ie. the US. Just wanna cause trouble for us here.
    Natalka, GoJays and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Protestors cleaning up their own garbage! Also cleaning up racist graffiti by agitators! How dare they!

Why can't they just act like the usual burn, loot, and murder crowd? How dare they raise their own funds instead of demanding more welfare so that they can riot!?

Like the trucker said, 'We parked where the police told us to park.' How dare they follow local law enforcement orders? Who do they think they are?
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our son, 30, had COVID last week. He had just gotten his booster. He was the third in his workplace.
    Luckily it was like a terrible cold. Lasted six days.

My sister passed this along. She is an ICU nurse.

Name:  FB_IMG_1644129441406.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  56.4 KB
    GoJays, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

They are heros in every sense of the word! People should start realizing that it our medical and support staff that is suffering and thats why vax mandates are in place! We all have a responsibility towards each other.

Im hearing talk about a sixth wave of Covid. So tired of all this and i know that we will have to learn to live with Covid. But all around me i see people getting really lax about sanitizing their hands in and out of stores and restos. and this is still with some restrictions in place. What will happen when all restrictions will be lifted. Yesterday on CTV news Montreal, they were talking about 2,000,000 Quebecers have already been infected with Covid.

All operations have been back-logged. Im waiting for a 3rd eye operation; now i wonder when that will happen and my eyesight in left eye is really really bad. DD needs to see a rheumatologist; she has been placed on the urgent list; wonder when that will happen. I need a biopsy done; no date has been set for that either; wonder how long that will take. And all this because of Covid

DD's friend's sister is a critical care nurse and she is forced to work overtime, vacations have been cancelled and she is close to burn-out. Peeps need to understand that their actions have consequences for everyone around them. Protests and demonstrations dont work. Just do the responsible thing so we can get through this.
    GoJays, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With the ongoing spread of the virus between inoculated individuals, it is proof positive that mandates and restrictions simply do not work. It is time to do the responsible thing and remove them so that all Canadians can go back to their jobs and lives. People need to understand that just because a mandate does not bankrupt them personally, others are facing financial ruin.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I heard on CTV yesterday that some "expert" said the Booster is only good for 4 months. Does that mean we have to get another Booster.
    cath007, Shwa Girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I heard on CTV yesterday that some "expert" said the Booster is only good for 4 months. Does that mean we have to get another Booster.
    Each year, some people get a flu shot to protect against the 3 strains of the flu bacteria that show up. Plus protection from H1N1 flu that showed up ~2010. This year, the flu shot protected against influenza A and influenza B:

• an A/Victoria/2570/2019 (H1N1)
    • an A/Cambodia/e0826360/2020 (H3N2)
    • a B/Washington/02/2019
    • a B/Phuket/3073/2013

It looks like we may be getting a COVID shot and flu shot each year. Because of all the COVID variants that exist that can make people sick. So far, protection against SARS-CoV-2 variant viruses exist:
    • alpha (United Kingdom)
    • beta (South Africa)
    • gamma (Brazil)
    • delta (India)
    • omicron (South Africa)
    walkonby, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ahahaa, I predicted a four-month booster period even before the first inoculation was even available. Sigh, if only I could as easily and accurately choose Lotto 6-49 numbers.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i was able to get a rapid test at metro....i was picking up a script & they had a big sign saying "ask for your free rapid test at customer service"..... so i got one (1 per family)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hate to bring more bad news in here but..... well this is USA news, but still.

A subvariant of Omicron known as BA.2 is spreading fast and may cause severe disease, research from Japan suggests.
    New lab experiments show BA.2 is capable of thwarting some of the key weapons we have against Covid-19, including being able to escape the immunity created by vaccines.
    It also appears to be resistant to some monoclonal antibody treatments currently being used to fight Omicron.
    BA.2 is highly mutated when compared with the original virus that emerged in Wuhan, China.
    It has been detected in 74 countries and 47 US states, and about 4% of Americans with Covid-19 now have
    infections caused by BA.2, according to data from the CDC.
    JadeAngel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Hate to bring more bad news in here but..... well this is USA news, but still.

A subvariant of Omicron known as BA.2 is spreading fast and may cause severe disease, research from Japan suggests.
    New lab experiments show BA.2 is capable of thwarting some of the key weapons we have against Covid-19, including being able to escape the immunity created by vaccines.
    It also appears to be resistant to some monoclonal antibody treatments currently being used to fight Omicron.
    BA.2 is highly mutated when compared with the original virus that emerged in Wuhan, China.
    It has been detected in 74 countries and 47 US states, and about 4% of Americans with Covid-19 now have
    infections caused by BA.2, according to data from the CDC.
    this sister version of omicron has been burbling around for a couple of months. it now makes up 10% of identified cases in canada.
    sorry, i saw that percentage reported last week but i can't find the reference.
    JadeAngel, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information