User Tag List

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Im feeling so much better today. If the reaction i had to the Booster, i feel very very sorry for the people who actually have Covid. It is not funny by no means. I basically slept for 3 days with mild fever, fatigue, extreme pains in my feet where i couldnt even walk. Tylynol was a life saver for me. All is ok now.

I wouldnt have changed getting the Booster no matter what. Getting a reaction is a small price to pay for being immunized. You have greater protection with the Booster.
    I had pains in my feet too! They were just dull though, not extreme like yours. So weird!
    ROMEO likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

So here we are again, New Years Eve. And another screwed up holiday. New restrictions come into effect today in QC. starting tonight: Curfew as of 10:00 PM until 5:00 AM with hefty fines from $1,000 to $6,000; all indoor sports cancelled; all non-essential stores will be closed for the next 3 Sundays; schools will start on Jan 17th; no family gatherings unless caregiver to person alone. I was planning on a New Years Day dinner with just the adults (kids will be with their respective other parent) but thats cancelled now. There are a few other measures but those to me were the most important ones. Prem Legault didnt say how long the curfew would be in effect but stated that it will be there as long as needed. And 4th doses (Booster) is now being made available in LTC's. Even though i had a bad reaction to the Booster, i definitely will get the 4th dose when available to our age group.

Other than that, i made a last large grocery run yesterday morning at 8 AM. Seems like lots of people had the same idea as me because by 8AM there was a long line-up at Maxi. So we will be hunkered down for next little while and im strongly considering ordering groceries on-line but we shall see about that.

Stay safe everyone!
    Giseledta and walkonby like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I did my shop yesterday, but I still had a load of frozen stuff left from Christmas. Ther were a lot of fireworks round here last night so I guess a lot of people celebrated en masse then.
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

There are rumours that Ontario will go back into Stage 2 this week. As I said rumours right now.

Ontario's new testing rules have come into place and I think it is a bad idea. You can now only get a PCR test if you fall under the following:

• Symptomatic peoplewho fall into one of the following groups:
      • Hospitalized patients
      • Patients in Emergency Departments, at the discretion of the treating clinician
      • Patient-facing health care workers
      • Staff, residents, essential care providers, and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including long-term care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings, and correctional institutions
      • Outpatients for whom COVID-19 treatment is being considered
      • Underhoused or homeless

• People who are from First Nation, Inuit, and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work
    • Symptomatic elementary and secondary students and education staff who have received a PCR self-collection kit through their school
    • People on admission/transfer to or from hospital or congregate living setting
    • High-risk contacts and asymptomatic/symptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in high-risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care, retirement homes, other congregate living settings and institutions, and other settings as directed by the local public health unit
    • Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
    • Asymptomatic testing in hospital, long-term care, retirement homes and other congregate living settings and Institutions as per provincial guidance and/or Directives

As well Ontario will no longer report cases in Schools or Child Care Centres.

These decision do not make me feel safe.

With that being said I got an email earlier this week that although the province is not going into lockdown our company is. This was before rumours of going back into stage 2 happened. This means for us we move back to curbside, no customers or visitors allowed within the branches. Myself as a remote worker will work from home and not go into any branches unless there is a special circumstances, i.e. key staff being away and fill in needed.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ontario does back into a modified stage 2 on Wednesday:

The new restrictions announced today also include:

• Indoor dining at restaurants and bars closed.
    • Only outdoor dining, takeout, drive through and delivery permitted.
    • Social gathering limits reduced to five people indoors and 10 people outdoors.
    • Retail stores, malls and personal care services limited to 50 per cent capacity.
    • Saunas, steam rooms, and oxygen bars closed.
    • Capacity at weddings, funerals and religious services limited to 50 per cent capacity per room.
    • Outdoor services must have two-metre distancing between all attendees.
    • Employees must work remotely unless their work requires them to be on site.
    • Gyms and other indoor recreational sport facilities closed, except athletes training for the Olympics and Paralympics and certain professional and elite sports leagues.
    • Outdoor facilities are permitted but with a 50 per cent capacity limit on spectators.
    • Museums, galleries, zoos, science centres, historic sites, amusement parks, festivals and other attractions closed.
    • Outdoor establishments allowed with restrictions and capacity limits.
    • Indoor meeting and event spaces closed with limited exceptions, except those with outdoor spaces, which can operate with restrictions.

The new measures will come into effect on Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 12:01 a.m.

Also schools move to online learning for 2 weeks
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

It is what it is. In QC, all non-essential stores including grocery stores, are closed on Sundays for 3 weeks. I dont understand the thought process behind this. The Govt said it was to give a chance to do a good sanitizing in the stores and to give the peeps a rest. But to my way of thinking the medical staff need a rest more than the store staff. Oh i know that its impossible to give medical staff a rest because of the high covid cases but still.

As long as people refuse to get vaxxed, this will spread and snow even young children are getting infected. Ive said it before: if you choose not to get vaxxed then you should also choose the consequences.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Wed, Jan 5th, 2022 at 10:28 AM.
    princessjen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    As long as people refuse to get vaxxed, this will spread and snow even young children are getting infected. Ive said it before: if you choose not to get vaxxed then you should also choose the consequences.
    As long as this erroneous thinking continues, so will the pandemic. 85% of all new cases in Alberta are inoculated. As long as the inoculated continue their reckless behaviours, the disease will continue to spread. Of course, folks will want always try to find someone else to blame for their own dangerous behavior instead of accepting their responsibility and changing their habits.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

As of Jan 18th, if you go to a liquor store in QC you will have to present your QR code. With more stronger measures to follow.

HermanH i beg to differ on that but im not getting into a pissing contest with you. You have your opinions and i have mine. Reckless behaviour starts with unvaxxed people and so on.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The difference being that reckless behaviour is dangerous, regardless of one's inoculation status.
    princessjen likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

The noose is getting tighter for unvaxxed people in QC.
    Giseledta, harbie and Tweets77 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Inoculated people now consist 50% of all hospitalization cases in Alberta.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

an interesting article for those so inclined:

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/humans-2-omicron-1
    alex78 and Linda Evans like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    an interesting article for those so inclined:

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/humans-2-omicron-1
    Interesting read!

I think in general we have to remember that 'fully vaccinated', is a flexible term: at the moment for most folks, it means three doses, I guess if you lived in Long Term care, it would now mean four.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This explains why the raw numbers can be misleading (tweet by Mike Haddad, MD Critical Care Medicine, Chief of Staff, Bluewater Health.)

Mike Haddad, MD
    @
    mike HaddadMD

1)The number is outdated as current ICU census is 427 (not 278). 2)As of Jan 8th we had 338 patients (106 full vax, which is 31% of ICU cases (coming from 92% of the 18+ population). 3)General ONT Pop has 10.9 million full vax and 1 million unvaccinated for ages 18+ (ICU ages).

4) Proportion of un or under-vaccinated in ICU on Jan 8th is 232 out of a 1 million population = 23 per 100,000 5) Proportion of full-vax people in ICU on Jan 8th is 106 out of 10.9 million= 0.97 per 100,000 6) Risk of ICU admission is 23X higher if unvaccinated (0, or 1 dose)
    7)About the point that what matters is "raw numbers" in ICU even if 2/3 are unvaccinated since a 1/3 is vax? well... 8) If we had no vaccines, the number of vax in ICU would've been 23 more, so 23X106= 2438 added to 232 = total 2670. 9) Vaccines protected our system from collapse
    While both raw and proportional numbers are important, and both show an over-representation of unvaccinated in hospital & especially ICU beds, what's not being reported is how many have "avoided" hospitalization due to vaccines. Could we've looked after 2670 patients in ICUs now?
    This Picture summarizes the situation:

9:35 AM · Jan 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

sorry, can't get the picture to show up here. please read the link to his twitter post to see.

https://twitter.com/MikeHaddadMD/sta...GGzgea3lg&s=08
    abbasgirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I do not understand what the big deal about getting one of the rapid kits that they are giving away. The way they are being handed out is a complete joke. I saw on tv that the us is going to mail them out which makes alot more sense than the way we are doing it here
    Last edited by Thatdone; Fri, Jan 14th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information