User Tag List

Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 891
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

  1. #676
    I heart DH and DS francine1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    7,150
    Likes Received
    5265
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    They won't get rid of the passports any more than they will the masks. It's the way politicians can say, "Look, Look! We're doing something!"
    They may as well come back with the ridiculous digital thermometer checkpoints, for all the good any of them do.

    yeah I know. The masks make sense since they do help prevent some of the transmission. The vaccine passports however is a huge government overreach taking away some of our rights and freedoms. My opinion on that wonít change however I donít want to argue with people who support it.
    JadeAngel and HermanH like this.

  2. #677
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,209
    Likes Received
    3371
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    My opinion on that wonít change however I donít want to argue with people who support it.
    I can certainly understand the sentiment. If masks and passports were only harmful to those who believe in them, that would be one thing. The fact that they deliver a false sense of security means that their wearers and bearers undertake more dangerous behaviours.

    As I was voting today, one of my neighbours was a poll worker. He had been vaccinated and was wearing a mask. He came over to chat and kept standing within 2m of me. I had to keep backing away from him. Obviously, he felt invulnerable and it simply was not true. I treated him as infected (and do so with everyone I meet.)

    The vaccinated are going to brandish their passports as shields of invulnerability, then gather, and sit too closely. They will sing, dance, share air, and infect each other within what they falsely think is a safe bubble. That infection will go everywhere into the community. Hopefully, their hospitalization rates will be low enough that hospitals can manage, but their community spread will continue to hurt others (inoculated or not.) Their dangerous behaviour will not be victimless.
    francine1985 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  3. #678
    I heart DH and DS francine1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    7,150
    Likes Received
    5265
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I can certainly understand the sentiment. If masks and passports were only harmful to those who believe in them, that would be one thing. The fact that they deliver a false sense of security means that their wearers and bearers undertake more dangerous behaviours.

    As I was voting today, one of my neighbours was a poll worker. He had been vaccinated and was wearing a mask. He came over to chat and kept standing within 2m of me. I had to keep backing away from him. Obviously, he felt invulnerable and it simply was not true. I treated him as infected (and do so with everyone I meet.)

    The vaccinated are going to brandish their passports as shields of invulnerability, then gather, and sit too closely. They will sing, dance, share air, and infect each other within what they falsely think is a safe bubble. That infection will go everywhere into the community. Hopefully, their hospitalization rates will be low enough that hospitals can manage, but their community spread will continue to hurt others (inoculated or not.) Their dangerous behaviour will not be victimless.
    the thing about the masks is they provide some protection for you but provides more protection from the wearers spreading covid.

    also the vaccines donít stop you from getting it or spreading it. They can minimize your own symptoms and lower the chances of needing medical care though.


    we donít plan on changing our routines much. We wonít be going to movie theatres and will only have minimal family shopping trips. It will continue being mostly dh and heíll sometimes bring ds1 going for groceries. We will continue having showers when we get home from public places (school, grocery store, banksÖ). We avoid people when we go out. We rarely go out to restaurants and usually order delivery if we want restaurant food.
    walkonby and HermanH like this.

  4. #679
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    118,045
    Likes Received
    147799
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Name:  facebook_1632002130912_6845113065694328588.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  60.1 KB

  5. #680
    I heart DH and DS francine1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    7,150
    Likes Received
    5265
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Name:  facebook_1632002130912_6845113065694328588.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  60.1 KB


    our family is one of the few who continued wearing masks when they became optional (honestly we were wearing masks before they became mandatory as I was watching updated on covid before it ever reached Canada). My mom is an RN at one of our local hospitals and thankfully hasnít had to work with anyone with covid. Sheís in her 60ís , has a long history of getting walking pneumonia (since her childhood) and is diabetic but despite not working with covid cases sheís overworked and often has to skip her meals. (Which is very dangerous to do especially on a regular basis). I support masks, sanitization stations, most preventative measuresÖ I donít support forced vaccines (although I hope most people can be talked into getting them) or vaccine passports.
    walkonby likes this.

  6. #681
    Easy Glider GoodBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Posts
    4,033
    Likes Received
    12166
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Glad your mom has been OK!

    I would not say I support forced vaccinations. I do support passports. I also support closing down anything to people without vaccinations and passports. No vaccinations or proof. No entry.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Sep 21st, 2021 at 12:08 PM.
    anisa, francine1985 and SnowFlakey like this.

  7. #682
    I heart DH and DS francine1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    7,150
    Likes Received
    5265
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Glad your mom has been OK!

    I would not say I support forced vaccinations. I do support passports. I also support closing down anything to people without vaccinations and passports. No vaccinations or proof. No entry.
    I disagree mostly due to the fact that once you let them take away any of your rights and freedoms they can continue doing so slowly overtime. Right now itís something that you support, it might even be something you support next time too, but eventually it could go too far for you and by then itís too late. Itís one thing during a state of emergency but (at least here in NB) we are not in any state of emergency, in fact despite the jump in cases we are still in green phase.
    HermanH likes this.

  8. #683
    Easy Glider GoodBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Posts
    4,033
    Likes Received
    12166
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Fair. We have differing views. Nothing wrong with that. Still pleased you mom is doing ok.
    francine1985 likes this.

  9. #684
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,209
    Likes Received
    3371
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I disagree mostly due to the fact that once you let them take away any of your rights and freedoms they can continue doing so slowly overtime. Right now itís something that you support, it might even be something you support next time too, but eventually it could go too far for you and by then itís too late. Itís one thing during a state of emergency but (at least here in NB) we are not in any state of emergency, in fact despite the jump in cases we are still in green phase.
    The mask/mandate debate is one of choice. I think that supporters think that it is a single issue, but choice extends to all choice. Pro-choice is not only about masks or vaccines, but overall sovereignty of body. Women fought long and hard to regain control over their bodies regarding abortion.

    If one can be forced to vaccinate, one can be forced to abort. Both are body choice issues. Those willing to give up their freedom for short-term gain better be ready to give up their other freedoms, as well. Income tax was also meant as a temporary war-time measure.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  10. #685
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,209
    Likes Received
    3371
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Name:  facebook_1632002130912_6845113065694328588.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  60.1 KB
    More mis-information. Masks reduce the possibility of community spread. They do not prevent infection of the wearer.

    It hasnít been proven that masks protect the person wearing it, but it can help protect people from being exposed to your germs.
    https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  11. #686
    Smart Canuck SnowFlakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Posts
    4,112
    Likes Received
    12517
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)




    Geeze, i love hearing all your opinions. Makes me see how attitudes differ across the country from QC. the majority of QC'rs support vaccine passports, mask mandates and forced vaccinations especially for anyone connected to the health industry.

    This is the 3rd week of vaxx passports in QC. We go freely to restos and other places just by showing our passport. the vaxx passport only shows your name and if you have been double vaxxed. No other health information is shown. Mind you, we have been asked for proof of identity, like your drivers license or Prov Health Card, RAMQ in Quebec.

    Peeps without double vaxx can still go freely to grocery stores, hospitals, clinics (all essential services).

    all that being said, i still bring along my own Purell and my own Lysol Wipes in a baggie because ive noticed that at the grocery stores there is no one watching to see if you sanitize. So i bring my own stuff. I wipe down the buggy and then wipe my hands leaving the store.
    walkonby, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

  12. #687
    Smart Canuck SnowFlakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Posts
    4,112
    Likes Received
    12517
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)




    And another thing, hubby spent 11 months in the hospital 14 years ago. He was in a medically induced coma for 4 months; 3 months on a respirator. And then a tracchia (spelling for 7 months). Believe me, this is not a picnic. Being on a respirator damages your lungs to no end. When i see people on tv with respirators, it bring back those months and i sympathize with those families. The anti-vaxxers should be shown a person on a respirator and what the struggle to breathe is like. I know first hand and ive seen the horror of that struggle. It takes years to recover from the lung damage, if ever you can recover.

    Although i respect their opinion, i am totally against it. Because they know not of what they speak!
    walkonby, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

  13. #688
    Smart Canuck SnowFlakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Posts
    4,112
    Likes Received
    12517
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)




    And here's another rant! Why are these same anti-vaxxers the first ones running to the hospitals when they get sick. Why run to the hospital if you dont want to get vaxxed. You have the freedom to stay home and not seek help. Because you are taking the place of someone who needs help. You dont want to get vaccinated then when you get sick with Covid: STAY HOME! And dont seek help.

    thats it, thats all!
    anisa, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

  14. #689
    Easy Glider GoodBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Posts
    4,033
    Likes Received
    12166
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    I love your last rant. SPOT ON! Don't want the passport or vaccine? OK Fine. Do not use the Health Care system. You are not entitled to it you selfish piles of ...
    anisa and SnowFlakey like this.

  15. #690
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,209
    Likes Received
    3371
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    the vaxx passport only shows your name and if you have been double vaxxed. No other health information is shown.
    [Emphasis added mine]

    At least that's an improvement, to recognize that vaccine status is actually health information.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •