4 (100%)

there's some great ontario data now available:

https://howsmyflattening.ca/#/analysis
    princessjen likes this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Thats great your family is getting a bonus from work! I still dont know yet if my work is giving us our usual $125 Christmas bonus yet.

Here in the Durham Region (in Ontario) you are allowed a max of 5 people in your house, so unfortunately my SIL has invited herself to spend Christmas eve dinner at my house, then spend the night here and then do Christmas morning at my house!!! I am so mad. I have said my peace about not wanting her in the house (especially since she works at a school) but everyone is too scared to say no to her. Its so frustrating. I dont want her at my house during a good day, let alone during COVID!!
    Well, it is still 8 days before Christmas, maybe your area will be in a red zone with no gatherings allowed.
    princessjen and ROMEO like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thats great your family is getting a bonus from work! I still dont know yet if my work is giving us our usual $125 Christmas bonus yet.

Here in the Durham Region (in Ontario) you are allowed a max of 5 people in your house, so unfortunately my SIL has invited herself to spend Christmas eve dinner at my house, then spend the night here and then do Christmas morning at my house!!! I am so mad. I have said my peace about not wanting her in the house (especially since she works at a school) but everyone is too scared to say no to her. Its so frustrating. I dont want her at my house during a good day, let alone during COVID!!
    @princessjen , you can tell your sister in law that they are recommending limiting to your household only:
    The gathering limits for any social gathering, whether it’s a public or private gathering, is limitedto a maximum of 5 people indoors and 25 people outdoors. Limit close contact to your household(the people you live with).
    COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Control - Red Zone Q & A (durham.ca)
    princessjen, ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @princessjen , you can tell your sister in law that they are recommending limiting to your household only:

COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Control - Red Zone Q & A (durham.ca)
    Yes, I have pointed that out a few times. It will only be me, my parents, brother and his wife, so she shes it as okay to come over and spend the night.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe you should just say no? I myself do not like it when people impose, they just annoy such people. At first it was difficult to refuse, but then I realized that personal comfort is more important.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Christmas is going to be very different this year.
    Please stay safe! You know what to do. We don't want this to happen in Ontario:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/long...stretched-thin

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    Christmas is going to be very different this year.
    Please stay safe! You know what to do. We don't want this to happen in Ontario:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/long...stretched-thin
    It jolted me to think about covid and hospitalizations, the equipment, the beds, the round the clock care.
    Can that be sustained? When they said " what we don't have is staff " that's when I took it even more seriously.
    Once the medical staff burns out we are all toast!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It jolted me to think about covid and hospitalizations, the equipment, the beds, the round the clock care.
    Can that be sustained? When they said " what we don't have is staff " that's when I took it even more seriously.
    that's a major problem. we can't expect these people to keep working at top speed under all this pressure forever!
    a nevada has converted part of the parking garage into a ward but how long are they going to be able to staff it?

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/healt...60-pkg-vpx.cnn
    SnowFlakey and Thatdone like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

that's a major problem. we can't expect these people to keep working at top speed under all this pressure forever!
    a nevada has converted part of the parking garage into a ward but how long are they going to be able to staff it?

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/healt...60-pkg-vpx.cnn
    That is unreal what that hospital was able to pull off. It is a feat in itself that they were able to sanitize the garage not to mention being able to supply things like a continual oxygen source for every one and ways for everyone to go to the washroom and food and etc and etc. I think when you increase the bed capacity of a hospital that there is alot of other factors they have to consider as well as the medical staff. Things like what the kitchen and their delivery staff can put out and even what the power system was designed to do.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I dont know why im baking like always for Christmas but i think its because it comforts me and gives me a sense of normalcy. And because thats what i always to at Christmas. Even with Covid-19 being so rampant i still want to feel normal. My son is a welder and the company he works for has closed until Jan 11th. My dauther works in the food/pharmaceutical industry (manufacturing probiotics for yogurt and pills); son-in-law works in the animal food industry; they are both deemed essential and will have to work.

Grandkids are all home from school and will be learning via internet until Jan 11th. Its being hinted that this could be extended if everything works well. And then as of Dec 25th all non-essential stores will be closed until Jan 11th.

Our hospitals are over-run with Covid patients; essential services while still somewhat functioning, are slowing down. Cancer patients have to wait longer for surgeries and treatments. Emergency surgeries are still performed but for how long. Doctors and nurses are so overworked that they are quitting just to get some rest. How long can this continue. The miracle vaccine cant vaccinate everone at once. It will take time but in the meantime we all need to do our part. Because if our healthcare system fails then what will happen.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

there's some great ontario data now available:

https://howsmyflattening.ca/#/analysis
    note: toggle "site mode" to 'GEEK' to get into the good stuff.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    My coworkers, parents, friend who lives in England has died of Covid. He need a ventilator, but there wasn't enough of them to go around and he wasn't in the best of health, because of his heart, so the health care workers decided to let others get a ventilator instead. He was only in his 60's. My coworkers parents are really mad and upset.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's so sad @princessjen . It must be so difficult for his friends and family. (I really wish we had a hug or heart option on the forum, a like just didn't seem appropriate)
    My coworkers, parents, friend who lives in England has died of Covid. He need a ventilator, but there wasn't enough of them to go around and he wasn't in the best of health, because of his heart, so the health care workers decided to let others get a ventilator instead. He was only in his 60's. My coworkers parents are really mad and upset.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

there's been talk of a new strain of covid in england that enables it to spread even faster. a few european countries have restricted travel from england and now canada is doing the same.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...irus-1.5849598

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I give up!!!! So people are so brain dead its unbelievable! I called a friend who had moved away this summer (she couldnt live alone because of health issues and moved to live with her daughter north of Montreal). She didnt answer her phone and the voice mail was full. So i called another friend to see whats happening.

Anyway, i didnt believe what i was hearing. This other friend was hosting an engagement party for her son!!!!! Are these people stupid or what. In this middle of all this, when we are told to not gather, she is holding an engagement party!! Words fail me.

I was told also that our friend was coming to visit for a week on the 28 of Dec. And that she will be calling me so that we can get together! No way in hell am i meeing with them. No Way!!! And to make thinkgs worse, the friend who is coming to visit for a week, her daughter is a nurse. Yes, a nurse. Whats the matter with these people. Im not seeming my family over the holidays, yet im expected to meet up with friends. NO WAY!!

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information