User Tag List

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Driving DD to Vancouver tomorrow to move her into a new apt. This will be my first experience with a student led move-wish me luck-lol. She has friends helping with an SUV and utility trailer at least for the big stuff. We drive for 10-11 hrs and then get stuck right in-sounds like a relaxing long weekend to me!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lizzie sounds like some of my brother's moving experiences when he was in school
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    What do they say about the best laid plans????

Shortly after I posted yesterday I got that phone call, any phone calls that starts with "What are you doing today" usually means my day is about to change. I ended up working in a branch yesterday so none of my own to do list for work got done nor did I get anything done around the house. I was only going to work till 2 pm in the branch and then come home and get my work done and stuff around the house. Did not happen I was in the branch till 4:30.

Mom got her wish, it was a take-out night last night as I was not planning on being in a branch and we had nothing planned for dinner. Honestly by the time I got home I was done, with Covid many parts of this job involve more steps. Also I still had about 6 hours of work to get done. I worked until 9 pm last night and even though I am off today I did about an hour of work this morning to clear up some paperwork. Hopefully I am done now and can switch gears to getting stuff done around the house.

Okay, I need to get organized and see if I can come up with a plan for today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!

Short work day as we close early. Have my must get done list and everything sorted so I can jump right in. Just enjoying my coffee right now. Today is payday so I better pay some bills.

House costs- I've upped my monthly budgeted amount for property taxes by $20 per month. I was already putting aside more then what they are actually so I will still be ahead of the game next year.
    Hydro- Curious to see my July bill with having AC on pretty much all month. The 2 months before were both around the same amount. (have a credit on hydro and gas bill at the moment)
    Received my water bill yesterday and after it was paid I have a $105 credit so the amount I am budgeting each month (and paying) is good. We are billed quarterly.
    So I don't need to change my budgeted amounts for anything else it seems.

I haven't cooked all week. Everyone was working evenings and gone when I got home from work (my week to work in the office)
    I had eggs and toast for dinner last night.
    Next week I will cook up a storm since I will be at home and have time to get stuff ready etc before they go to work. Taco Tuesday for sure! (both boys fav) and we have everything needed on hand

Have a wonderful day and long weekend everyone!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -when my son was age 11-16 he loved tacos and when he had his best friend over i always made it for them ,infact he still has tacos once every 2 weeks and he is 35 now

I got up early this morning 7.00 a.m slept good and put a load in and showered so i could be out the door for 9.30 a.m opening at "once upon a child" i was first in line (thankgoodness) as the woman behind me had 4 totes ,i only had one $34.00 for my daughter cash .I bought a puzzle for sebastian when he comes here 2.50 and a like new tank for ashlyn 3.00.

Then onto dollarama spent $14.00,then over to fortinos spent $17 was pretty crowded ,but i only wanted luncheon meat and a fresh loaf of bread

I got (2)reduced tic tac gum sugar free for 1.49 after 50% off and a reduced toilet bowl cleaner all natural 4.99-50%=2.50

I wanted to go into talize and check for puzzles ,but i couldnt be bothered as i was already hot and bothered .So home i came after stopping for gas 1.02 .9 and used my gift card up so only paid 19.71 for gas .

Now i can relax .iIt sure felt normal going to a few stores (with my mask)and nice for a change .

I will get groceries next week .
    barbis9, Ciel, flyingdutch and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Stayed home yesterday. Wednesday night, I went to the bank then got some produce and treats at Food Basics. After getting home and unpacking everything, I decided to get a few more needed things off the grocery list at Walmart and Longos. My body felt heat-stressed and tired from Wednesday so mind and body were arguing on Thursday.

Walmart pen deal-ok, the 4pk Bic Atlantis pens are on sale for $3.57 (10 cents more than last year but a bonus pen is added to the pack)!

Shoppers Photo Deal alert for Aug 1 & 2: 14 cent prints (4"x6" only, 100 min. prints required)! I am actively checking my photos to compile the unprinted ones in one folder on my USB stick, so I don't waste time at the photo kiosk this weekend! BYO envelopes in case kiosk tray is void of any Shoppers Photo envelopes and don't forget your PC Optimum card.

Rona/Lowes both have 20% off online items exclusive until Aug 2 or Aug 3. By chance, I discovered an ironing board cover last purchased at the Bay (no longer stocked) is available from the vendor from either home improvement store site (and cover is 20% off.) My debit card is going to be used tomorrow a lot!

July 31 coupon expiry-if you have the save 50 cents on Eggo cereal or waffles coupon (Coupon Zone), today is the last day to use them!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got a e-mail back from pepsi....they said it could be manutention problems so they are sending complimentary replacing coupons.I did not do that for the coupons just wanted to report the problem..
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good evening.
    went to the store, to get my moms grocery order. i picked up groceries for me as well.
    i used 3 coupons, the cashier was not impressed. i emailed the store and asked for clarification of thier coupon policy. i received a response back .. they do.

i plan on getting up early and getting some gardening done before the heat hits .
    I don't get why cashiers are like that. I would also send an email to the manufacturers as they need to know too. I have been able to redeem coupons all through this COVID situation - but find newer cashiers seem like "deer seeing headlights".
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My daycare girl is friends with our children. Daycare girl arrived with birthday gifts for our twins this morning. Twin boy received a Jurassic World T-Rex. Twin girl received a Baby Alive with some extra clothes. They are both quite happy with their gifts.

Someone that we know made custom cupcakes for our twins. Squid and unicorn cupcakes. They were a hit.

During heat of the day I let the kids watch a movie. They snacked on popcorn and fresh peas.

We’ve had a pretty awesome day. We went to the paddling pool for 2hrs. I was in the water with them...the only adult actually wet in the pool. I was throwing the sinking colourful rings for the kids to find. Most of the other children at the paddling pool asked to join. I had them close their eyes as I threw the rings, then I’d tell them when they could go. If they struggled to find a couple, then I’d start giving hot and cold tips. Now the kids are just finishing up playing at the park, before we head home. I really enjoyed it and like the programmer/lifeguard this year...which I’m finding makes a big difference. I’m hoping to come back with the kids other days.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

July Savings total $516.24
    Coupons Redeemed $122.72
    10% off Tuesday at Sobeys $25.90
    Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks $30
    PCO - No Frills $40
    Air Miles $30
    CO51 $30.73
    Gift Cards
    $10gc CO-OP promo
    $5gc 7-Eleven police promo
    SCOP $9.14
    Stuff Sold $74.75
    Garden $88
    Contest wins
    $23 - Pizza Hut pizza
    $27 Pizza prize

We also did hair cuts at home for our 2 boys and Dh. I will add those to the total when I know the current amount, that way it is accurate.

I didn’t redeem many Air Miles because there was a system error on 2 separate occasions when I tried to redeem.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:20 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My daycare girl is friends with our children. Daycare girl arrived with birthday gifts for our twins this morning. Twin boy received a Jurassic World T-Rex. Twin girl received a Baby Alive with some extra clothes. They are both quite happy with their gifts.

Someone that we know made custom cupcakes for our twins. Squid and unicorn cupcakes. They were a hit.

During heat of the day I let the kids watch a movie. They snacked on popcorn and fresh peas.

We’ve had a pretty awesome day. We went to the paddling pool for 2hrs. I was in the water with them...the only adult actually wet in the pool. I was throwing the sinking colourful rings for the kids to find. Most of the other children at the paddling pool asked to join. I had them close their eyes as I threw the rings, then I’d tell them when they could go. If they struggled to find a couple, then I’d start giving hot and cold tips. Now the kids are just finishing up playing at the park, before we head home. I really enjoyed it and like the programmer/lifeguard this year...which I’m finding makes a big difference. I’m hoping to come back with the kids other days.
    Happy Belated Birthday to your twins!
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have tried squid, but don't know how unicorn tastes. Is it like chicken?
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread Information