User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rainchecks at WM on non flyer items ????

Coupon Crazy
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

So, I went with my couponing buddy to WM today on my lunch break to score some great deals. I had it planned out to the penny ...

Mustard ..... none on the shelf
    Royale ..... none on the shelf
    Advil Cold & Sinus ..... none on the shelf
    Charmin toilet seat covers .... none on the shelf

Sheesh ... I was NOT impressed. So my question is, can you get a raincheck on items that are not advertised in the flyer ?? I'd like to get a raincheck for the mustard. I'm very doubtful the 2nd WM in my area is going to have any.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I don't know about walmart, but I tried to do that with zellers one time and they said no, because it wasn't a flyer item. I think wal-mart would just tell you, "oh keep checking back, we restock every week or so, etc etc...."

let us know if you do get a raincheck for non-flyer items though!
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

I"ve gone to Walmart before for flyer item that aren't instock and tried to get a raincheque and have been told that they don't do raincheques on anything in store. This was at Nordel (Surrey) and Queensborough (New West). I asked CS at New West if any of the stores did (they told me that it varied store to store) and I was told that the Walmart in Coquitlam did.

This doesn't make sense to me because you'd think that a large organization like Walmart would have a unified policy on this, but I haven't had the chance to explore it further. Good luck! Let me know!

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

I asked this same question about a week ago....Walmart will give you a rain check on non flyer items!

I got 2 rain checks for the fusion $6 razors as well as the $6 venus razors.....
    jasperandchar likes this.

Coupon Crazy
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks so much monkeymommy. I'm going tomorrow to get my rainchecks for sure. The deals are too amazing to give up !!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I went to the Langley WM this afternoon and got a raincheck for the mustard . I took a pic with my phone of the tag showing it was a rollback and they did it no problem

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I too went to WM here in Orleans (Ottawa) and they too wouldn't give me a raincheck on the Mustard. Got one for the Royal Tissue but because the Mustard wasn't in the flyer... No RainCheck. Darn!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

In the past I got a raincheck for Oasis Juice boxes that were on sale but not in the flier. You just have to insist a litte.
    Last edited by frugalmom2; Mon, Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
    sharkie and jasperandchar like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Our WM won't even give rainchecks for things in the flyer if it says "roll back". Each item is up to the manager and needs approval.

I think that's the most difficult RC policy I've ever heard of.
    sharkie and jasperandchar like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Our WM won't even give rainchecks for things in the flyer if it says "roll back". Each item is up to the manager and needs approval.

I think that's the most difficult RC policy I've ever heard of.
    I agree - it is a difficult RC policy - especially given that there is no consistency amongst the stores. However - I do think that many times it should be up to the managers - BUT! - only because some items come in on a "special" and aren't restocked (special size for example) so to give raincheques for that - you're just going to get pissed off customers who have a rain cheque and are going to insist you replace the product they could have gotten with something else. Just turns into a messy situation. I'm not trying to defend the big stores here (and it SUCKS when stuff isn't in stock) but I don't think a rain cheque is always the answer...

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles160 View Post
    - BUT! - only because some items come in on a "special" and aren't restocked (special size for example) so to give raincheques for that - you're just going to get pissed off customers who have a rain cheque and are going to insist you replace the product they could have gotten with something else. Just turns into a messy situation. I'm not trying to defend the big stores here (and it SUCKS when stuff isn't in stock) but I don't think a rain cheque is always the answer...
    Then they need to do what CT does. CT marks promo items with a 99-XXXX-X number. They can mark it as a "promo" item and state " no rainchecks " then they wouldn't have any issues.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Then they need to do what CT does. CT marks promo items with a 99-XXXX-X number. They can mark it as a "promo" item and state " no rainchecks " then they wouldn't have any issues.
    I think that's the main issue. I can spend my time in other ways rather than wait 30 minutes in the CS line only to find out there's no raincheck offered because it was up to the manager's discretion.

Even Zellers policy of not issuing rainchecks for items marked while quantities last or SDM's policy of nothing on the front page would be less vague than "manager's discretion".

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Call head office, explain your problem and which store. The store manager will call you back and will be very willing to help you, believe me. I was told no raincheques at all on ANYTHING because the flyer said "rollback" in general on the back so it mean the whole flyer (ya right!) So I called and complained and was told that no, you are allowed raincheques. Its just the managers who have power issues and think they rule the world and can make up whichever rules they want.

Luckily the managers and employees don't give me trouble anymore because they know I know the rules and if I am unsure of something or am caused any trouble whatsoever I will just call managment to make sure of things or to complain. I like it better this way.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain checks should be allowed on roll back items. I am sick of being told no! and sometimes yes. Which is it? If it is on roll back it is on sale in my mind. We should be able to get a rain check for the sale price. Why do I have to keep checking back? I shop once a week at Walmart it is to far away and the price of gas and with kids I don't want to keep checking back! Grr!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I've always been told I can't get a raincheck for rollback items, even if they are in the flyer. Grrrrr. Hello! Don't they want our business?!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information