User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Expired on: Tue, Jan 1st, 2013
    Let the games begin!

USE THOSE PRICE-CHECKERS!!! SCer jubsies found a great deal on shelving units (Reg. $100, paid $44) but would have missed out if she didn't use the self-serve price checkers. So, new habit when in Zellers...double check the shelf price...you may be holding a steal of a deal in your hands!
    ** UPDATE!** Thanks to NateandAva and julyprincess we're now aware that the full list of liquidation stores is on Zellers' website: http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx. AWESOME! Time to start planning!
    *2nd round of stores closing and liquidating now posted. Liquidation of these stores started June 22, 2012.*

I clicked a link on the liquidation list for more details and there's a two-page pdf called "Key Points While You Shop" http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/e...iquidation.pdf

What caught my attention is this confirmation:
    Vendor coupons are accepted at all Zellers stores in Liquidation. All other Zellers/Facebook coupons are not accepted.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Hi everyone, a little birdie shared that this month should yield some good in-store sales/clearances. As these will vary by location it's best to keep and eye out all month and in every nook and cranny of the store...especially the skids and bargain bins!

Rumor has it that a liquidation centre will take over some locations and complete the sell-off at killer deal prices! I can hardly wait! (Again, this may vary by store as to timing of "final sale" stuffs.)

To ensure we can take in all the great deals, I'm hopeful to keep this thread hopping with "just spotted" updates. I have 3 Zellers within 30 mins drive and plan to hit them all on an almost weekly basis, just never know what will get marked down and when. I invite all of you to do the same and thanks to Pink Lincoln's suggestion this thread is a "wiki" so key info can be kept in this first post.

Please use the following format when posting updates:
    CITY - Location (Address/Intersection)
    Date -
    Deal(s) Found -
    Let the countdown begin!

CITY: Georgetown, ON
    Date: March 13
    Deals: Children's socks, tights some undies as low as $0.90/set.

CITY: Georgetown, ON
    Date: March 06
    Deal Found: Beaumark Stand Mixer 800 watt $144 regular $239.99

CITY: Hamilton at Queenston & Nash
    Deal Found: Huge clearance on clothes, shoes etc!

CITY: Greenwood, Nova Scotia
    Date & Deal Found: 50% off the last REDUCED price of selected clothing items; BOGO on reduced footwear.
    Liquidation starts March 2 and runs until June when they close. They will be honouring coupons; no guarantee for rain checks on advertised deals in the flyer.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Jun 26th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I was told that nothing would be marked down at all and that it would all be regulary priced until the day they closed at which point the remaining merchandise would be shipped to the remaining open stores close by.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

we might actually get some deals there.

goodbye zellers!

thanks for the thread
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I was told that nothing would be marked down at all and that it would all be regulary priced until the day they closed at which point the remaining merchandise would be shipped to the remaining open stores close by.
    Aww too bad. So it's really a "your mileage my vary" with any deals. My local store is shutting down for good so it should be on the liquidation list. Will post when I have more info.
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Fri, Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

When one of our Zellers stores closed in town a couple years ago they stopped taking coupons. Something else to keep in mind or find out before you do a huge shop and find out when you get to cash a sign is posted.
    Join Swagbucks Today!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/watergirl73
    I've made $50 how easy is that!
    Trade List and Wish List 2011

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks OP! I was told by a Zellers cashier that my location wouldn't start going into liquidation until June. Maybe it depends on location? Which location does your friend work at? Would love to know where that liquidation centre will be too! I went to a Zellers closure once (Woodside square), maybe 10 years ago. Most of the place was cleared out but I remember buying a ton of music CDs for $1. I am going to a Zellers tonight (only place that does PM that is semi-close by), so I will report back if I see anything!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks OP.
    Here are the Zellers stores that were to be converted:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/205963-...ck-urs-canada/
    Thanks to tjthemanto for that thread.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

The list says my store is closing. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it's hard to believe that news is from way back in May of last year. how time flies!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Mine's apparently not liquidating eiter. There are two with 15 minutes of one another and the one that is closing is having their items shipped there. Seems like an awful waste of money and resources. You'd think they'd make fast and good money liquidating.

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

My store has "vanishing" shelves... by the day. It's a bit creepy actually. There are clearance sales that don't seem much different than end of season ones. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next little while.
    Last edited by Big Pink; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    “Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Im hoping to stop in tomorrow.. to maybe take advantage of their 60% off FB coupon deal . would like to pick up something nice for my Mom. or maybe myself. while im in will try to remember to ask them about liquidating items.
    can't believe how fast the last few months have gone I remember back in the fall listening to two employees discussing their 'future' and thinking how far away 'spring' was. now its less then 6 weeks away.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my Zellers was 10mins to walk there.....it closed 10 years ago...

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

When I lived in Toronto, I had not one, but TWO zellers close down that were close to me, both of them did massive liquidations even though there were many other Zeller's in the area they could ship to. Liquidating to recover the cost of the products then distributing out whatever is left is a far better business practice then just shipping it to another store where it will most likely sit and collect dust.

I would recommend making the first post a wiki to make it easier when the deals start to pop as appose to rifling through pages from various cities/chatter. It could be set up

CITY - Location (Address/Intersection)
    Date - Deal Found

then if someone else goes to the location, awesome deal no longer there, it can just be deleted. Just a suggestion, in hopes that there will be lots of deals some sort of organization would be necessary lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In the list of Ontario stores being converted, Meadowlands Shopping Centre is shown as being in Nepean (out in Ottawa area). No, the store is in Ancaster (west part of Hamilton, ON).
    Quite a geographical leap, actually.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information