User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow my old navy order came today -in 2 days super fast .Hubby tried the pants on for $28.00 he loves them and i was able to get black .

I think i may give ashlyn the gap summer dress i bought her and not hold on to it til next spring for easter as its a 6/7 and it looks smaller .Now she will have a new dress for back to school.

I was gonna go over to winners but they close at 8.00 p.m ,so maybe wait til morning ,i really need a few new pillow for the beds .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day! Sunny day here so far.

I have a million things I want to get done at home tonight. Last night I washed the bed sheets and that was it. At least that was done.
    Tonight is youngest DS's bedding. He will strip his bed and bring it all to the laundry room before work and I will get it all done and have it ready for him to make his bed when he gets home.

Groceries- We don't really need anything but lettuce. Keeping it simple this week and using up what we have. The fridge needs a good clean out. That is on the list for tonight too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin girl had her dental cleaning this morning. For some reason, unknown to us, no dentists were in the office and the dental hygienist was unable to do her x-rays. They have never done x-rays of her teeth. In that regard we were disappointed. The dental hygienist was very happy with how clean her teeth were and did not find any areas of concern. She thinks our new rechargeable tooth brushes are doing a better job than our previous battery powered tooth brushes.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I've decided over the next few days I am going to clean out and organize the freezers. (the one on the bottom of fridge in kitchen and the upright) BLSL chicken and steak deals this upcoming flyer period I need to stock up on. I have a chicken Pc pts offer on my 2nd card.
    Then we will be set for winter and I don't have to worry about prices going up/2nd wave/snow storms etc.
    I will start with the house freezer and plan to use up all the open packages of stuff etc. Then move from the upright stuff we want to use in the next few weeks. Will also put all together the frozen fruit and yogurt for smoothies together.

With the upcoming good sales of fresh peppers/tomatos/onions etc will definitely plan to make pasta sauce for the freezer.

I am on a mission.
    Giseledta, Tweets77, Ciel and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking for a new pair of sunglasses. Any good recommendations for shopping online?
    ROMEO, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went to niagara on the lake this afternoon and had a lovely margerita pizza at " pieza pizzeria" love this restaurant ,we ate there in feb when we stayed 2 nights (trip from our kids ).

This time we ate at a table on the boulevard , a few table were out on their front area .
    Then we walked around and looked at all the old lovely homes .
    Parking was $4.75 an hour -wow!!

I didnt go into any shops except the notl lavender shop on the way there,treated myself to lavender spray .Then we went to harvest farmers type barn on the way home got a few items .

Nice date in the afternoon ,hubby had nice new dressy shorts and dropped some sauce on them -uggg boys and men .Hope they dont stain .Just resting now a bit tired .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Aug 19th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Beyong pissed ,frustrating and not a good day...my plasma tv rca 39 inche who was only 3 years old stopped functionned and broken...nothing to do....the only good new is tomorrow maxi and cie have a sale on a rca 50 inches 299$ and they pay the taxes and I have 10$ to my pc points...but what a hole in a budget that will make...not pleased at all
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    Can i just say that August is pretty ick. I am really hoping september is better, or at leat less expensive.

ok. today was nice. very laid back . at Nap time, i worked on the corn my youngest picked up for me.. it is all nicely in the freezer and tucked away for the winter.

i have a dental appointment on monday that i am stressing about. sigh. it will be what it is .

supper tonight., chicken ad grilled peppers on torillas. my youngest loves this. hugs to all that needs one.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh my, oh my, oh my

This week is totally insane, we are so busy which is great for the business but creating chaos for me. I am getting nothing done at home and I am getting annoyed. Since we are both working I have noticed our food waste is going up mainly because by the time I get home one I still have a few hours or work to do and two I am just so tired.

I really need to totally clean the fridge out but I have been going in even earlier as they have gotten a temp to work with me but it is slowing everything down. Since they are only learned what takes me 5 minutes to do take them 20. So now I go in early to get stuff done before they come in and then I am staying later as they work till 4:30 (previously I had been working till 3:30 or 4) then I come home and work from home. Hopefully things get better over the next couple of days and I can cut back a little bit. My to do list is becoming overwhelming.

I am so so so so tired. Oh well must push on, must keep going.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hang in there sassy .

Supper tonight was a lovely green salad with small tomatoes from my neighbour and a fresh ontario corn just bought today -yummmm

Hopefully i will get proper rest tonight as we are sleeping over at son's as tomorrow is their 10th anniversary and they are going out of town Niagara falls .We have to be at son's at noon .
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

dont forget to push you pc offers!!!!
    Hopefully tomorrow i will have a spend xxx get xxx points to help to paid the tv....really I hope so ...I need it...fingers crossed

last week I had my pc offer from 2 week ago to worked....4000 pc points for 40$...oy I needed tomorrow...why i did had this offer in advance
    Update: the tv have the noise now and negative picture so we will change it
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Aug 19th, 2020 at 10:36 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We’ve been under an extreme heat advisory for the last two days. It’ll still be hot out tomorrow, but should be a good day to take our kids to a paddling pool.

Our boys have dental cleanings the next two mornings.

I posted 3 more boxes of kids clothes for sale today. I’ll tackle more another day.

I saw a new gift card promo for Sobeys. 100AM wub $150 Sobeys gift cards - max 5 per account.

Although the school year is getting closer, I am continuing to apply for teaching contracts as they become available in our area.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Aug 20th, 2020 at 01:47 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Looks like we may get some rain. Last night I cleaned out the fridge a bit. Will finish up tonight and chop up veggies that need to be used up and make the plan to use them. I emptied the house freezer a bit of stuff we won't use. (old stuff that has been kicking around) Put all the opened bags of fries/veggies together and will make sure to use them up over the next week or 2 before opening anymore up.Tonight I will tackle the upright freezer.I need to do laundry. Will put a load on before I drive DS to work tonight. Will go to RCSS for the BLSL chicken. Will butterfly some so it thaws out quickly. Chop some up in chunks and marinate with lemon juice/garlic etc.Will cook up a few breasts tonight so DS can make wraps after work and tomorrow for lunch. I will start doing this more often since he is all about healthy eating now which is great.Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Aug 20th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to my son's today to watch the girls overnight ,so i wont be on til friday .No internet acess.
    I was sneezing yesterday and i got a bit of a chill sitting on the boulevard eating our pizza,plus felt achy when we got home .

Yes it is the start of summer cold i have -darn it right when i have the kiddies and then i get sebastian on sunday for 3 days .
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Did not sleep well last night so I was a bit late for work, I wasn't late late but I had hoped to be early to get more done before the day got going, oh well,

I think it is a mixture of wearing a mask all day and talking all day because I am training someone my throat and pallet are super itchy to the point it is keeping me up at night. When I came in this morning I took some of our cloth masks so I will try those and see if they are better as right now at work I am using disposable.

I am hoping to clean the fridge tonight but it will depend on how much work I have to get done. I feel like I am spinning in circles. Each day I tease the guy who takes our temperatures to send me home but he just won't

Alright back to it. Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information