User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I found the paper mate and rubber maid coupon today. I was able to buy a bunch of stuff for the stuff I am sending North. The cashier insisted on make the coupon the price of the product but for 3 cents I was not going to argue. The teachers need the supplies so this way it’s really just shipping for my cost. I finally used my Roots gift card that I won earlier in the year. I bought myself a roots purse that was on sale so for 60.00 out of pocket I have a 300.00 purse. I would never spend that kind of money on a purse so it feels very indulgent but I know it will last forever.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -enjoy your purse .I bought a roots purse 2 summers ago a beige plain bag with a flap on the outside for my keys and zippered on sale at shoe company for 39.99.
    I would never spend $300 on a purse either ,i have a black leather purse my daughter bought me one xmas .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We went swimming this afternoon. Just making dinner now and then we will watch a movie on the big screen. He downloaded a bunch of movies so will have to see what kids pick.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Slow start to the day as I slept in but I needed it.

Another day of work, got a lot done this morning where is this afternoon has been a slower pace but still getting stuff done.

I did take a break and empty and reload the dishwasher and also did laundry so that is done, washed and folded, just need to put it away.

Part of me what to take tomorrow off but part of me knows how much if on plate and is telling me to just push through.

Not much else going on, binge watching on Netflix as I work way.

Have a great night everyone
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Time to be real LOL

I feel like all and all handling Covid and the Covid restrictions has not been overly hard for me because by nature I am a homebody, that is just me. But with the change of events in my life, not so much going into the branch but what can best be described as working 24/7. In the past when this has happened I have always planned something almost as a reward that when this is done I can look forward too.

With Covid that has changed going out and doing things has lost it appeal because the story of life right now "Where is my Mask" but not only that I find going out almost tiring now. Between wearing the mask and all of the rules and protocols (not that I am complaining I get it completely and am not saying I want these restrictions to go away anytime soon, I know we need them) but it has made me simplify going out. When I grocery shop, I only go to one store, I am not ready to go to a mall yet, eating in a restaurant not ready fo that either but not even just that locally a lot of Summer places have not opened this year.

It is moment like this you just really see how things have changed. Yesterday I started daydreaming about that reward that would come at the end of all of this and I could not come up with anything. So I had a bit of a moment just seeing how things have changed and missing some of those "normal" things.

Okay, time to move on, I have had my moment and time to get back at it.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I hear you sassy -we have only ate out twice outside when my daughter treated us 2 weeks ago and then on thursday in niagara on the lake (i didnt care to walk around in niagara on the lake too busy for me)I dont care to eat indoors ,even my neighbour said "want to come in when i asked her a sewing favour yesterday " no thank you i said .

I went to sobeys this morning decided to buy the 150 giftcard with my credit card -so pints for using my credit card then 150 points for buying it ,then i spent $59.48 and got 112 points ,just bought some sale items .Supper today $5.20 for a chicken on sale 1.99 a pound ,corn on cob and mashed potatoes .Stay cool everyone .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Time to be real LOL

I feel like all and all handling Covid and the Covid restrictions has not been overly hard for me because by nature I am a homebody, that is just me. But with the change of events in my life, not so much going into the branch but what can best be described as working 24/7. In the past when this has happened I have always planned something almost as a reward that when this is done I can look forward too.

With Covid that has changed going out and doing things has lost it appeal because the story of life right now "Where is my Mask" but not only that I find going out almost tiring now. Between wearing the mask and all of the rules and protocols (not that I am complaining I get it completely and am not saying I want these restrictions to go away anytime soon, I know we need them) but it has made me simplify going out. When I grocery shop, I only go to one store, I am not ready to go to a mall yet, eating in a restaurant not ready fo that either but not even just that locally a lot of Summer places have not opened this year.

It is moment like this you just really see how things have changed. Yesterday I started daydreaming about that reward that would come at the end of all of this and I could not come up with anything. So I had a bit of a moment just seeing how things have changed and missing some of those "normal" things.

Okay, time to move on, I have had my moment and time to get back at it.
    I hear ya!
    If this helps, some positive things have happened over the last 6 months:
    - they are not charging for shopping bags at many places still
    - less people buying food= more overstock in the store and more discounts on healthy food
    - some can work from home and spend less on transit/gas for car
    - CERB benefit for those who can't work because their workplace is closed
    - some have received reduced car insurance since they are not driving as much
    - seeing Canada's numbers decreasing and being thankful that we made this accomplishment (some other countries having a hard time)
    - grocery and essential service workers got a bigger paycheck for a while
    - driver license stickers renewal deadline extended because Service Ontario was closed
    - house property tax monthly/quarterly payments extended for some months

and a funny one,
    Trump said he demanded 3M make N95 masks only for US (health care workers)
    Ford said, there are a lot of health care workers crossing from Windsor to work in Detroit hospitals each day, so if 3M can't supply our health care workers, then maybe Canada should close the border so these health care workers can't cross to help in US hospitals
    Within 48 hours, our 3M order was approved.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Aug 23rd, 2020 at 11:07 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m continuing to do what I can.

I went shopping at our local Salvation Army yesterday. They had 10% off everything sale. I bought several items for ds and twin girl. I also bought shirts to be used as paint shirts at school for $1.80 each. Some items were intentionally big and I have already put them into the labeled bin in our shed for the kids to grow into. Since I couldn’t find anything for twin boy again this week, I bought 3 big new bubble blowers for our kids. I now have full bins for twin girl for the next 2 sizes for her to grow into. I’m starting to collect clothes for ds to grow into. He has less than 1/2 of one bin of bigger clothes for him to grow into.

I sold more kids clothes and garden veggies again this week. I’m continuing to apply for teaching contracts, but I’m prepared to go back substitute teaching if I don’t get some type of teaching contract. Schools in SK were supposed to start with students on September 1, but it has been moved to September 8. It’s a difficult time, but we are prepared to send our children back to school. My mom has been busy sewing masks for our children and myself. Our children are practicing wearing their masks at home. I plan on packing paper towel in their lunch kits for them to use as disposable place mats at meal time. I’m also packing baby wipes so that they can wash their faces and put on a new mask before they even leave their desk. I saw someone else suggest taking their temp morning and night and writing it in their agendas for the teacher, which might provide her with some peace of mind.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 23rd, 2020 at 07:35 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today turned out to be more productive than I had planned, well at least when it comes to stuff around the house.

I woke up this morning and just felt like cooking, am I the only one this happens to?

I tried to ignore it and tell myself to focus on my work stuff as if I have any hopes of having a better week and not working next weekend I have to stay on top of everything. I finished off some code work I started last night and then I did some purchasing, I am not used to ordering for a production plant so I am trying to adjust to keeping on top of that. When this was done I said screw it and off to the kitchen I went.

I made my Chicken Fajita Rice in the Instant Pot for lunches this week, although we had some today for lunch so now I only have 2 lunches. I also grated cheese to go with the Fajita Rice and made my Taco Sauce to go on top.

Then I decided that tonight for dinner, I would put Greek Chicken and Potatoes in the Slow-Cooker. I made Garlic Garlic Sauce to go with it.

We cleaned out the fridge all and all I was impressed I thought we had more food waste so that made me happy but I had Cucumbers to use up so those have been turned into a Greek Salad to go with the Dinner.

Lastly I made Cookie Dough Overnight Oats which will be my Breakfast for the week.

The dishwasher has been emptied and reloaded, garbage has been taken out and Mom did all of the hand dishes. All and all way more productive than I thought today would be so I am happy.

I might do some more work, I might not, we will see how I feel after dinner. But even if I do not work after dinner I will write myself a to do list for tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

supper is subway lol cold cut and lots of veggies
    need to do a grocery list tonight or tomorrow earlier morning we neeed a few items and lots of pm
    I did put the mask in my purse because I forget it earlier this morning and was so annoyed to return to pick the mask
    it will be a automatism now
    hope my jonhsonville coupons and my baptiste prize will come this week!"
    Have a lovely evening and night everyone!!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so deceived all the bigs citys get the cool stuff...I saw an announce of metro qc doing cineparc outdoors in cars and they received a bunch of snack and free produces welll as a small city no luck for us,........so stupid
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad did the dishes friday and we put the garbages and recycling outside just now
    happy with the tv..we dont regret our choice...we had a choice with a 31 inches and this one...so happy for 100$ more for the difference it make!

need to put refill the ink of the printer because they are a lot of good coupons to print we can use!

did use a 5$ coupon for the bag of purina proplan of eve...a tiny difference it make but still
    and the no taxes at maxi will help tomorrow!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 23rd, 2020 at 05:20 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I found the paper mate and rubber maid coupon today. I was able to buy a bunch of stuff for the stuff I am sending North. The cashier insisted on make the coupon the price of the product but for 3 cents I was not going to argue. The teachers need the supplies so this way it’s really just shipping for my cost. I finally used my Roots gift card that I won earlier in the year. I bought myself a roots purse that was on sale so for 60.00 out of pocket I have a 300.00 purse. I would never spend that kind of money on a purse so it feels very indulgent but I know it will last forever.

Congrats on the purse.I so hope if I go to wm this week too find those coupons ...always in need of pens and markers lol I know dad tell me he need oil for his car so might go with him to see if I can find the coupons and purchase these items!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. busy weekend. did not want it to be, but it was. sigh.

tomorrow i have a dental appointment i am certainly not looking forward to . it will be expensive and needed. sigh.

I have a roast in the oven, multicolored carrots,adn some potatoes. corn on the cob as well.
    plan is just to decompress tonight.

my husband is currently listening to trump on his phone... i am saying OMG alot. need to go transfer laundry..
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We went to the beach again this afternoon and our friend met us there again. Trying to enjoy it while we can.
    Boys night in the man cave shop so i get Netflix all to myself
    Cut up a watermelon so that is all ready in the fridge. Bought another one this morning. To keep up stocked up ( Ds loves it) Also bought the peaches and are really nice.
    Will start laundry in the morning and get it out to dry since its supposed to be another hot day. Going to the beach tomorrow afternoon with my bestie. We hope to go everyday this week.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information