User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So odd but I can’t click on the like option. It’s worked on and off all week so know that I really do like your posts.
    I am doing a bit of stocking up in anticipation of a fall lock down so ventureD to Loblaws for the sale tissue. We are down to the last box so I bout 2 6 packs at 2.99 each. I also went to No Frill because the Tilda rice is out favourite and the big bag was on sale so I picked up 2. That should last us until Spring. I had an offer for Gain so bought the big just on sale for 9.97 for 95 loads. So no more laundry soap unless it works out to free.
    I found a package of chicken thighs that were getting a bit freezer burned so tossed them in the crockpot to make a dish that freezes well for lunches. I find even with working at home I need food I can just grab from the freezer.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@coupon girl - Shirts for $5 go pretty quickly on our Buy and Sells. Also, Norwex mattress spray works well for a peed mattress. It is pricey. Perhaps a local consultant will let you try a sample? It is one of their products I will spend the extra on. All of your and @Frugalbigmama 's selling is tempting me, lol. I know it is a lot of work though. Maybe if I do a couple a week, I can let it add up.

@lilo0003 - I usually like to give "rep" instead of "like" and if I like posts I can't send rep with a little message. Usually, I just rep you all though and then I am at an impasse until I read other threads and rep more people. So then I will go back to liking.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We had a great second vacation at the cottage. Because our time at the cottage was free, we left some treats from the local chocolate store and I cleaned the cottage really well before leaving. The family that owns it is planning to use this weekend...I think we inspired them to use their own space this year. We brought our bikes this time and did lots of bike riding around the campground and swimming too with the heat.

I feel like you all are the Smart Canucks and I am the Spend Canuck. lol.

Sooooooo, we are thinking of buying a cottage at this campground. We are looking at one pretty seriously and it needs a bit of work (DH is handy). Most of the cottages there are $45,000 to $75,000 plus yearly lease fees. This one is $25,000 and I think we can get away with needed renos for $10,000-$15,000. Remember all the home renos I did and paid off recently? Windows, roof, furnace, AC...etc. We have a lot of home equity compared to what we actually paid for our home now. So yes, we are thinking of investing in real estate/a rental property. We got details from the people we "rent" from about monthly and hidden costs to consider. We are redoing our budget to see what it can safely handle...I may have to drink less Iced Capps. lol. But, it will be worth it.

We have to be creative because DH left his job, had the pulmonary embolism and then, COVID hit. As a pastor, churches might not look the same moving forward (we hope they don't)! He is still between jobs. Making this purchase gives us potential to increase our investment as homes/cottages increase in value naturally over time. We will also have an income property if we choose to rent. I just finished reading a book on Women and Finances talking about women being conservative in their investments to the detriment of their monies growth potential. So, here I am being a little risky.

@SassyAshley when you worry about your grocery or take out spending, just think of me writing the big check for the cottage.

We will wait until I know what and where I am teaching for the year before committing to the purchase. Just in case. I will know my position next week as it has potentially changed since June. I am supposed to be doing grade 6, 7 math/science. I am imagining that this will change to 6 or 7 core with the cohorting. Our board is investing 9 million in teachers (87 and 55 ECEs) for smaller class sizes so I hope there won't be any pink slips for younger teachers, but there are parents pulling and homeschooling. I have 15 years seniority and am not worried, but I will wait to see my position and plans for the year. I do have the option to teach online in our board's online school. I expressed my intent as plan to return to classroom.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Aug 27th, 2020 at 05:05 PM.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have difficulty to log on on smart canucks since 1 week...that suck...my password is right but it writhe with letter not with point so no log it
    I contacted batiste hair care still not received my prize winning on the august 12,,,,that suck too
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a question: Is the deal better at gt 2,88$ for 3 l basket of peach or this one 1,99$ lbs at super c...I am not good calculating the price of things...
    my 3 l bascket this week had 15 peaches for reference thanks for the responses!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Aug 27th, 2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I won a 12” pan pizza from Pizza Hurt this morning, from our local radio station. I had never entered this contest before Covid, but now I enter it once a month.
    congrats what a yummy prize!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I noticed 32" RCA tvs listed in The Brick and Walmart flyers. The Brick also lists a 40" RCA unit for $259. I have no idea if they are plasma tvs.

Cool-you already have a new tv!
    My friend bought a RCA from Walmart and said the volume sucks......they suggested she get a sound bar, which made her mad.

Try to test out the volume in store if possible. One of the ways they cut costs (to stay competitive) is put in cheap speakers as they assume everyone will just buy a sound bar.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is a special day (well for me), the only work I need to get done tonight is my to do list for tomorrow which will be short as I am training someone tomorrow.

We were insane today but I stayed as focus as I could and I just plowed through the work. It wasn't easy but I needed tonight off.

The storms kept me up last night and I ended up sleeping in today, not good my morning started in a rush which I hate. Then our day was just insanely busy and none stop but I am about to crumble so I push through and it seemed hopeless at times but I got it all done.

My boss called me into his office he is now pushing the manager to find a solution and "set me free" as we have multiple requests from other branches asking for my help and assistance. Plus all of my projects have now been on the back burner for over a month which is not good either. Hopefully after tomorrow we have a better idea and I can start to plan my departure.

Off to binge watch some TV and honestly just turn my brain off and veg out.

Have a great night everyone
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a $2 porch pick up today lol. Better then nothing and one more item out of the house.
    Tomorrow i have work to get done. Pack for camping. Continue on laundry. Clean the dining room. Make some food for kids to eat. Clean upright freezer. That is my list!
    Have a good night all!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ok. You have inspired me. My goal is to post two things for sale today.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cloudy overcast start to the day.

Kitchen is clean and I have a load of laundry in the washer. DS's work outfit is in there so it will be nice and clean for when he is back at work tomorrow morning. Was able to add a few items that needed washing before posting for sale.
    Will make my bed then gather my clothing needed for the weekend. Packing light so not much needed.
    Then out to the garage with a few rubbermaid bins. Will empty upright freezer and then take inventory/sort/organize as I put it back.
    Then to RCSS to PM some PC veggies to get us stocked up (most likely the green beans since they are our fav)

Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Ok. You have inspired me. My goal is to post two things for sale today.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 most stores in the Hamilton area are using the plastic 3l boxes to sell peaches. Reg price $7.99 can go on sale for $4.99 or $3.99. If you buy by the pound, you might only get 3 or 4 peaches per lb. depending on the size of the peaches.
    @barbis9 Good tip on the RCA tv volume! Last thing I'd want is a soundbar to add yet one more cord to the wall /power strip that has way too many cords already.
    @Granger I think I'm a spend Canuck. I went to the library yestrday after putting some money in the bank for future online orders and to buy something on sale at the Bay. Checked my e-mails and saw that Uniqlo had the new Ines de la Fressange collection for fall posted as of yesterday and of course, I had to open a second browser window and start a second shopping cart! Decided to get a pair of pants for me, an accessory for Mom and a gift box so I'd get the free shipping.

Thrift shoppers-today is the second day of Talize's 50% off pink tags in all categories sale day!

While I have found the rains this week to be really refreshing, their intensity is something else. Today, our area is waiting for heavy rains in the afternoon and into tomorrow. Yesterday's breezy morning and early afternoon perfectly offset the humid and hot temp as well.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a little grocery shopping last night. I have been making sure to have cut watermelon or chilled grapes or peaches for those early morning hot flash risings when I feel like my face and upper chest are like a toaster oven warming up.

I have noticed that beer and caffeine and hot dogs seem to be also triggering for hot flashes. Sigh. I dislike having to discontinue consumption of some favourite things to stave off the flashes. Finding new things to eat that don't trigger flashes takes longer to determine.

Have to see if I can get some household paper products as they are low or gone at home. Don't like staples being gone before anyone bothers to get more, especially if weather is too hot or wet for shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

September thread has been started, as I will probably forget by next Tuesday.
    barbis9, cath007 and Granger like this.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information