User Tag List

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

E-mailed 8 compagnies who are in the compagnies call in coupons thread.Hope to get some positives responses and some good coupons!!! I am really heartbreaking right now..eve my cat just did a big crisis of asthmas..she had difficulty to breath..poor sweetie...but by now it dont happen often at least ..much better than before...we eliminated the dust so that seems to help..she is not young but i love my cat and hope she will live at least 2 others years or more...
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi everyone!!!! Wishing you an awesome Thanksgiving long week end altrought if you are celebrating or not !!!! Stay safe.!!!! TGIF!!!! My city is now a red zone for the covid 19(starting saturday at midnight and we dont know how many time it will be this way)that is not a good thing..so will be more extra carefull.I have to go to harvest marche for a few things and then iga for a few things too.Then at atm bank for having some money.Wishing you all a great day!!! Stay safe and warm!!!
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When i see good contests I enter but did not win anything for now..oh well..I will win something one day!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had a good week of productivity, mending some clothes
    Saved some good money shopping yesterday. Also redeemed $20 pc points, $10 Shoppers seniors GC, $20 AM which I am going to bank in my savings accounts. Started a new category of savings for next falls cottage rental. I've started buying milk and essentials at Shoppers on seniors day. With milk alone, I'm saving $1.80 a week (we drink a lot of milk)
    I also received a cheque from CO51 for $20.75
    We have a friend dropping by for an outside visit tomorrow and then a family zoom on Sunday.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF! Easy work day for me too so hope to get the house all tidied up for the weekend.
    Have my bedding in the washer now with my fav hoodie lol. Will hang the hoodie outside to dry in the sunshine.
    Folding my towels now and putting them away.Sink is full of soapy hot water to wash up the dishes and clean out the fridge.

I was in the laundry room so organized a bit and found 2 board games new in package (from the $10 coupon deal years ago so I paid pennies for them) Posted for $10 each and lady is on her way now to pick up both!
    Will go post more things for sale this morning.

I think I will make a homemade mac and cheese today. It is a cold damp day and that would be perfect.

Have a safe weekend everyone!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    When i see good contests I enter but did not win anything for now..oh well..I will win something one day!!!
    Reebee has another Wish and Win contest-guess you can pick anything up to $50 value you find on reebee. Contest ends Oct. 12 and winners will be announced on Tues Oct. 13.
    lilo0003 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a little tree branch trimming right before some rain fell yesterday afternoon. At least that's done and I finally oiled the higher wheels of the two clotheslines (never did that in the spring due to need for ladder and I was not doing that). I watched one of the two movies I wanted streamed and it was funny--think Gail Vaz Oxlade would relate to the chief accountant saying "must think of the future" all the time when people in the clan wanted to spend....

Since weather forecast is for a warm night, I will do a can and Monopoly sticker walk(going to be harder to find stickers as most restos are offering food orders in bags and most customers leave bags on tables without stickers (if dining in, everyone seems to peel off their Monopoly stickers) or mobile orders don't usually get left on roadways (except by walking litterbugs or window tossing litterbugs from cars). Did spot a burger box on road so I will check it out later!

Ms. Sunshine is beaming brightly--so delightful! She can help me spot shiny things on my walk.

Speaking of McDonalds-I was looking at Walmart's digital flyer (we did not get the paper flyer this week) and was surprised to see the $1 med fries from McDonalds offer. I did not know the in-store McDs have reopened. Happened to walk past the Walmart yesterday thinking resto is still closed. Hours have changed-it's only open from 10:30am to 8pm. YMMV with your locations.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cooked a bag of macaroni. Then went to No Frills to get cheese. $3.97 for Armstrong. Bought 6. used .75 coupons and received 4800 PC pts for personal offer. We are set for taco/fahitos/nachos for the next few months.
    Mac and cheese is in the oven and the kitchen is clean. Now to make my bed with fresh sheets and tidy the room up.
    I also made up a cold macaroni salad with the excess macaroni and used up onions and peppers in fridge.
    Cooking is done for the day! Friday night heat and eat.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning hung another load out this morning .I slept 9 hours last night that in itself is a record ,feel so alive now .

I went to my opthamalogist appt this morning ,hubby dropped me off and picked me up .Well my eyes are 19/20 vision now and my glucoma is at bay -yes dont need drops yet -awesome (my dear dad had glucoma).So he made my appt for next october 2021.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA (QC)
    Tradition bottle of sparkling juice (apple and cranberry) @3,99$ x3 (I believe those sell at least double price when not in sale) in the flyer was 4,99$ online 3,99$ so in the store was 3,99$
    those will be a nice treat for the thanksgiving long week end!!!!
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to dollarama today got a lovely huge wooden spoon 3.50 -i have wanted one for awhile .Oh and toilet bowl lysol is 2.50 that in itself is cheaper than the groceries store ,so i got 2 .Plus in the toy section a hot wheel ice cream truck for sebastian 1.50 and a crayola 16 secented markers with some colouring sheets 4.00 (last one) for ashlyn -xmas gifts .

Then popped into sobeys and got
    (2)large jugs of arm and hammer 6.99 each plus 25 airmiles -my hubby informed me he hates gain on his clothing .I still need to use up the gain i have but will use it on towels -lol
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had my 2nd sale of the day for $10. New ziploc containers i probably paid the tax on after Christmas clearance and coupons. I will never use so time to go! Figure the best way to start organizing is to get rid of stuff so ive been posting as i sort stuff on the shelves.

I rarely buy lotto tickets or scrach tickets. Last weekend my guy had a gig out of town so i went walking around and went to a convenience store and bought a bunch of tickets and added a cash for life to make it an even $20. Won $20 on the cash for life so the tickets were free. Just checked the lotto max and won $20. Im on a roll!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Oct 9th, 2020 at 04:05 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just to let anyone who does online shopping "littleblue house " has free shipping .It is a great clothing store based out of quebec i think .

I just ordered my hubby a t-shirt "papa bear" it has on it and he is called papa by the grandkids and a pair of socks for my son both on sale .Thier quality of clothing is great -i have had sleep pants from them for myself and a nightie .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Found a 6.5 kg turkey. I bought the stuffed one as it’s what I prefer so this is the right amount for us. I used 40.00 in PCO for groceries and then 20.00 of Air Miles at metro. I had an offer if I spent 20.00 then I get 20 AM and metro also has the use 95 AM get 25 bonus miles this weekend so it was a good time to use some up.
    Posted a few games for sale at 4 pm and have a pickup for 6. Slowly getting the basement ready for the painter. I still have a few weeks.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Does Someone know a good easy not to much ingrediants soup recepie for butternut squash.I want to make one but on the web they are too many.And also in what I can store the soup if I dont have masson bernardin jars(crap I put those I had in recycling last summer because i thought i would not using those...stupid me lol)??PLastic container maybe? thanks for the advises and tips !!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information