User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tassimo recall expanded to include brewers :(

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.tassimosafetyrecall.com/

This is getting ridiculous! Hopefully there won't be anymore after this....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, goodness! Don't have one, but feel for those who do!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks, registered the machine ( even though I have had absolutely np with mine) and they are sending the replacement part within 7 days.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't had a problem with mine either (even the espresso discs), but the news articles put a little fear in me, as my children LOVE to help me make the drinks...Can't even fathom the thought of 2nd degree burns

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

No problems with mine either but will be checking date codes etc after work today. Happy to hear that they are letting us know and fixing the problem

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Checked ours and yep it's one included in the recall. Funny thing is it wouldn't accept our city name - kept telling me it had an invalid character - but finally got it to work and our replacement part is on it's way.

We also have a Keurig and have had no problems what so ever with either the Tassimo or Keurig.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

don`t have one (not that big on coffee drinks)
    was shocked though this morning by the number of recalls on the news.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Scary recall. Some children were hurt
    Sooo, they're recalling Tassimo, since some of them have burned children.

http://www.680news.com/news/national...-000-in-canada

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wouldn't let my child run a coffee maker. I love Tassimo, stuff happens.

Theres also thousands of kids running around in lead jewelry from the dollar store. Im more worried about the latter.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Oh crap! I bought a Tassimo in Nov haven't tried the machine yet.

Thanks for posting the info.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

this really does make me wonder.. many many people got these for christmas first the disks being recalled now the machines.. i wonder if it's just faulty testing or if it's a situation of user error.. kids should NOT be playing with coffee makers..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I checked mine online... both my brewer and a bunch of my discs are part of the recall. For the machine, I dont need to send it back, they are sending out replacement disc holder ( so I guess thats where the issues are ) and I checked my t-disc's, I have several boxes with the codes that are involved in the recall.... its kind of a crappy process:

On their website there is a place to enter the type of disc you have ( in my case they were all nabob skinny latte ), then you enter the code on the box or disc. Then how many you have. They let you know which ones are involved based on this info. If you have 2 or less packages, you can fill out the online form and they will send you a postage paid envelope to send the old discs in, or the package. It goes on to say not to use the discs in the meantime. IF you have more than 2 packages, you need to call their toll free number...... "We are experiencing a higher volume of calls than usual...... estimated wait time is between now and Xmas" basically, I can only imagine how many calls they are getting. There is an option to leave a phone number to be reached, which I did, this was at 10ish AM, as of 4PM today, still no call back ( but of course they are flooded at the moment ) The website indicates, if you have more than 2 packages of recalled discs, you must wait until you speak to a rep, to find out how big of a postage paid envie they need to send. Once you send them the discs ( or packages ) it will need to go through a verification process to ensure your discs are part of the recall. If so, you will be reimbursed for the packages you have.

I have used several of the ones from the "recall" batch, and have not had an issue..... the recall is mainly because of a potential clog in the disc, that can cause the liquid to spray hot liquid when the disc is removed. I am the only person who uses my tassimo at home, so I never remove the disc till Im ready for a new cup, and by they are cold anyway. Ive come to the conclusion, waiting 3 months ( which I can only anticipate ) for replacements, just isnt worth it to me. Im gonna keep using the recalled ones, and STAND BACK while its brewing ( lol ) . Seems to me like the whole; calling them, waiting for a return call, getting a package to send them back, waiting for verification then replacement seems like a whole lotta waiting around....

btw.... the codes that are defective are skinny lattes codes 561122 -561140 ( those are the ones I had issues with ) so if you have those, stand back while brewing... just in case
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn Dzny Luver View Post
    Checked ours and yep it's one included in the recall. Funny thing is it wouldn't accept our city name - kept telling me it had an invalid character - but finally got it to work and our replacement part is on it's way.

We also have a Keurig and have had no problems what so ever with either the Tassimo or Keurig.
    It wouldn't accept my city name either, or my last name or my street address. It didn't like my last name because it's St. Jxxxx Doesn't want a period or a space, didn't like my street address because I put St. it didn't like the period again. And my city is Thunder Bay, it doesn't like the space between the 2 words. Finally got it to work though.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not getting rid of mine. Never had an issue with our Tassimo machine but mine said it was one of the recalled ones. So I just filled out my info and they are sending the replacement part. Much easier to fill out online unless you have more than 3 machines.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information