User Tag List

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

its official i am on hollidays no life project tomorrow due to the virus
    feeling sick but I think its because I am tired
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hugs Cath007 hope you feel better soon

ok.. i am done housework for the day... plan is laundry all night long... lol. and a movie with hubby.
    i ended up napping this am for a bit so got a late start. but i am proud of what i i got done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

@lilo0003 hope your son keep testing negative . So that you all can have a great Christmas
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cranberries are done, just letting them dry on the counter.

Chickpeas are okay, they did not dry out the way Roasted Chickpeas normally do. I did not get nearly as much as I thought I would so I think these will go to the vegan since I missed making them their own batch of Christmas Eve Savoury Snack Mix. Mom was helping me and before I knew it we added a non vegan ingredient. It is okay.

No Cookies were made today, I am at a point where I am okay if Cookies do not get done this year. If I get them done great, if I don't so be it, I am good either way and not going to stress about it.

I got lucky and got into a Pharmacy for my booster tomorrow. A family member happened to be on their website and found a number of open spots. When I logged on the location they are going to was full but found another location with open spots. Mom will go for her shot on Wednesday.

Originally I got everything we needed and my plan was to not go out until after Christmas for anymore groceries. But given how things are going on our way tomorrow we will stop for a few things in hopes of not having to grocery shop until the new year. Going to grab 2 more bags of milk, one for now and freeze one as an emergency back up. Until case counts start going down I do not want to have to run to the store just for Milk. Although let's be honest, it is never just milk, I always pair it up with what is on sale.

As well, well we are out we will grab a new Bread Machine, the seal broke on ours. When I looked online a lot of people mentioned right around the 2 year mark the same thing happens to our. For us it would be 2 years this March. I found one on sale at Canadian Tire we will grab. I looked at getting a replacement part but it was $30 + shipping, a whole new bread machine is only $70-$80. Seems so wasteful but make more sense to replace. I know I could make bread by hand but it scares me a bit. I like to let the machine do the work for me.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugg overslept this morning. I woke up at 3 am forced myself back to sleep, woke up at 6 am meant to get up get ready for the day but fell back asleep until just after 7 am. No big deal was just hoping to have a little bit more time before I needed to head out this morning.

My anxiety is up, it always gets this way before these appointments. I do not know why, just another joy of anxiety and literally never knowing what will set it off some days.

I am impressed with myself, maybe I have finally found some inner growth. Last night I was completely okay with not making the cookies, but I have been in this place before and either when I go to bed and have time to think or the next day, I do a 180 and come up with a plan to make it happen. This time, nope, still 100% good if the cookies do not happen.

The big thing will be how I feel tomorrow. I did not feel well after my second shot so we shall see how the booster goes. Hopeful I feel fine but honestly in this moment even if I feel fine I am not sure the cookies are happening.

Thinking one of my goals for 2022 is to be more realistic with what I can get done. Even my realistic list was a lot. I truly think one of my love languages is feeding people but I need to learn 2 or 3 things is good you don't have to do 10 things. It is like I said the other day I am spending days getting baking done where is had I of chosen Potatoes, Carrots & Peas I would have been done in under 2 hours.

Mom asked if after Christmas we could tackle a room a day to get things cleaned up. I took one look at our dining room and said think it is going to need more than a day. Our dining room is still a disaster from the flood, I never got everything we moved in during the flood moved out. Although who knows maybe it is one of those things where if we just get started it will be done before we know it.

Okay, gotta shovel the steps, clean the cars and then it should be time to head out for my appointment.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes SA perhaps it is time as you say to be satisfied with less rather than more-and do take your days off in 2022-if other people can then so can you. And work will just have to manage without you on those days-that is truly putting yourself first.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got my booster shot, quick and easy, I managed to get an appointment at a Wal-Mart. I was the only person booked for the 11 am slot.

I am feeling okay so far, a little tired and a bit of a headache but I feel like those two symptoms could be the shot or could be life.

All of my family expect one member was able to find booster shot appointments this week but some are travelling to get their shot.

Went to Canadian Tire and got a new Bread Machine, this one comes with a 2 year warranty and I will be keeping the receipt. Merry Christmas to me. I admit it the bread machine is one of my go to gadgets and for me is a kitchen must.

Dinner keeping it simple, Mom is having Chicken Wings, I am having BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps and will make some sort of potatoes.

I am thinking about whipping a batch of cookies but if I am being honest, it is because I want the cookies, not so much about them being for Christmas. They sound really yummy and think they would be nice with a cup of tea after dinner. We will see.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my sleep is .. bad.. epically bad.
    did the stuff i wanted to do or today... tomorrow.. i tackle the dc rooms... and more laundry...
    need to prep the garbage to go out..
    shower... then we head to the airport to get my youngest.
    she has tested alot...lol. she is negitive... and coming home for christmas.

my house is very silent without the dc kids... so silent....
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Feeling okay today, my arm is super sore and I am really tired but other than that I am feeling good.

Not sure I will be super productive today and I am okay with that.

We have some cooked Roast Beef in the freezer and some leftover Mashed Potatoes in the fridge so I am thinking Shepherd's Pie with Mushroom Gravy for dinner tonight. Best part is I can prep it early and have it in the fridge ready to go because with how tired I feel now, I am pretty sure I won't want to make dinner. Hmmm wonder if I can talk Mom into making Dinner Rolls. Time to break in the new Bread Machine.

If i feel up to it, I might make some cookies, I really want to try these Almond Ricotta Cookies I found.

Thinking today will be a pretty chill day. Mom is going for her shot today, she is going locally which is nice. She will go alone as the local clinics are asking people to come alone if possible to control crowding. Since mine was an hour away and at a Wal-Mart, Mom came with me as we were going to do a little shopping after my shot.

Deal of the Week: Mom decided on Ham for dinner with Bro, the sign at Wal-Mart was wrong, it was supposed to be $13.16/kg (we would never pay this) but on the sign they forgot to put /kg. So they gave us the Ham for $13.16, should have been $19.08.

Happy Wednesday Everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cooks hams which we like were just 2.80 per kg here so hubs picked up a nice one for $10.00. I know food is usually cheaper in Ontario than here so we got lucky. The cheapest turkey I saw at Safeway was $25.00 for a small Butterball for $1.97 a pound so we passed on that. At Thanksgiving I bought a small turkey for $10.00 so prices have definitely gone up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We are under a a weather advisory and we are getting snow! It is so white out there!! Road is filling up quick. Glad I don't have far to go.

Went to Mark's last night to return two items ( From Black Friday online order. Returned one top for me and one for DS- Didn't like the quality) so since the credit card I paid with is paid in full and I didn't want a credit on it I put the credit on the card that I use for our yearly August Niagara Falls trip with my sister (Building the credit on it So happy to have a good start on that!

Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Dec 22nd, 2021 at 11:29 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just cancelled my 2 boosters for dec29 as we got ours earlier on last sunday .The receptionist thanked me for doing my part.

I have my granddaughters til noon as my son didnt want their friend to watch them as a daughter had covid in one of her girls classes.So i am a little tired 3 days now.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Dec 22nd, 2021 at 04:10 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well it’s been awhile but always nice to come back to familiar territory.
    Have been keeping busy with Christmas prep. cards now all done (not quite down to the wire)
    Shopping for the day, all done except stuff one needs to buy fresh.
    I see prices creeping up even at No Frills.My friend was telling me how it’s more difficult for seniors as you have to buy in multiples which may be alright for families(once again Seniors are being thrown under the bus.
    Unfortunately I must go as I don’t have the patience to keep posting on this phone)if this is my biggest problem then I’m not doing too bad.
    Keep chilling my friends as we will get through this all together!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my oldest was off for the day, so we did a quick run into a grocery store in town.. then dropped off pies and cinnomon rolls to my mom.

i am tired. might try to do a hour on the play rooms.. or nap.. might nap. hubby is done work today till the 3rd. and tomorrow we get boosters.

chicken and salad for supper.

thinking of booking tickets for a light display thing on boxing day..

plan is relax and chill for the night.. maybe laundry.. prob laundry... lol
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Son got girls at 2.00 he needed to get groceries and a few last xmas gifts.

This morning i woke up at 4.15 a.m to water all over kitchen floor ,i ran my dishwasher 2 times last week maybe friday and sat.Well i guess the hose was blocked as water fillled up the tub of dishwasher and then went over the ledge ,ugggg a ton of towels to wash .The dishwasher was 24 years old,so we will be getting a new one as the old one was making a loud sound last week ,such is life.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information