User Tag List

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi all , back from our amazing trip .

ok.. followingte frozen fruit ( veggie ) thread... this is what i do ..... no waste. none.. Since i serve fresh fruit , alot to the dc kids.. i watch rotation. alot. if something is not getting used it frozen. .. on a cookie sheet .. washed , dried single layer. then into large ziplocks. if its a mushy fruit.. ie .. watermelon ( what the freak is up with that price OMG) i take a masher and mash everything.. freeze in popscickle molds. If i have yougurt not getting used up.. add berries.. mash, and freeze... again.. popsccle molds. ... 5.00 for a set Presidents choice brand. uber healthy.. no waste.
    I am really, really really working on no waste for the fruits and veggies.
    groceries are freaking expensive.
    currently, it will not supply what we use froze fruit veggie wise during the winter.. but.. it will help.
    I am really hoping for some good sales.

ok.. trip.. amazing!!! so worth it . definatly back to real life today. i need to work on a bit of savings, and cuting a few expenses. always up for a good challange.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta : Glad you enjoyed your trip !!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!!
    I went to maxi and cie..Purchased 4 packs of garlic and herbs raw shrimps pc brand min 12 per box...it is 9,99$ but it is truly and keeper for us and a easy flavorful meal with sides
    Purchased more 4 x raspberries half pint @1,68$ pm metro..I will freeze them. ( I think it is the best price I can get and for auto picking some it is the place it is far away )
    Purchased more 2 x strawberries 1 l container @2,50$ pm super c...same I think this is the best price I can get...I will freeze them too.
    Beeftsteak tomatoes at 0,77$ lbs pm wm for salads and sandwichs great price
    and a few other random things...bill was 80$ and last sunday it was 175$ so with the costco trip planned with my auntie tomorrow morning ..not planning to spend after that..I am way over budget

but for maybe 12$ I have fruits I like and I will eat

Have a good rest of the day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jul 12th, 2022 at 04:03 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont want impulsive buy at Costco tomorrow morning so I made a list of things I want and check:
    I asked my auntie and yes I can bring my own reusable bags
    and I can pay debit ..so no need to bring cash..a big relief because i paid all my things by debit
    I plan to spend max 100$ the less it will be the better it will be haha

So here is my planned list:

-Fresh Salmon
    -Frozen shrimp bag (for a recipe I want to make soon)
    -Chicken breast pack(want to check if the price is better than 12$ for 4 breasts at maxi when in sale)
    -Popcorn bag flavor caramel and cheese
    -Bag of trail nut mix
    -Chocolate cups with almond butter
    -Nestea iced tea flavor raspberries canister
    -Frozen bags of fruits( I will check the mango-pineapple I think)
    -Kirkland greek yogurt 3 packs vanilla at 9,99$

I hope my trip will go smootly haha
    Per chance I have a deposit of money with school (life project) tomorrow!!!
    And this week I skipped going to IGA and Metro,...not needed anything there too expensive haha
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jul 12th, 2022 at 06:57 PM.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been browsing baby clothes and getting stuck (overly fascinated with so many clothing options, plus sale deals) on a couple of sites. Then popped over to Mayoral's US site (so much apparel is 50% off!) and fell in love with two pieces for a baby girl. Sigh. Footwear and cardigan are calling me too. Good thing I don't have funds tonight. Then deciding to see if a few of my regular online haunts might carry the pieces (no luck), I think of Kiddie Kobbler (their Lime Ridge Mall location has been vacant or replaced by another entity). Their online website does not betray any hint of Mayoral product and the old website is very ancient. So on to Oakville's Kiddie Kobbler IG account/Facebook page and whoa-that store carries Mayoral shoes and clothing??? Where have I been??? My local store carrying Mayoral seems to stock only the baby girl sandals (in footwear plus selected formal wear and a couple of casual sets)but not much in shoes-have to go to the store to get pricing. Now I'm burning with curiousity at what the Oakville store carries. Will wait to call the mall store after I check out the local store tomorrow.

Meanwhile the Canadian dollar is only worth 75 cents US when buying US or it costs us $1.30xx CDN to get $1 US.
    And the Mayoral site does not support guest checkout; have to register for an account where I see the dreaded mobile phone number field. YIKES. Thus, my interest in finding the desired Mayoral products in Cdn stores that still have lingering spring/summer stock!

Mom went out tonight and purchased a roast chicken and cherry pie from Longos. Delicious! A nice change from our own cooking this week.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta Delighted to see you post on the forum! Glad you avoided air travel because of the ongoing issues with luggage and flights.

Thanks for posting how you save fruit and turn it into frozen treats. My popsicle molds are long gone, so I either will get small paper cups or start off using that Oxo Tot food tray aka ice cube tray as a repository for frozen fruit cubes/yogurt & fruit cubes!
    Watermelon seldom lasts long enough to get mushy but one recent watermelon was kind of mushy in the middle (Food Basics) when it was sliced after it was brought home from the store. We still ate it (the weather really promotes consumption).

The Great Clips coupon (posted in Coupons forum-it came in the July Moneysaver ad booklet) arrived at a good time. Mom was talking about getting a haircut this week. I keep reminding myself that I had the same plan for sometime this month too...

Going to revise two store wish lists before turning in to bed. Enjoy the cooler night, everyone!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok.. followingte frozen fruit ( veggie ) thread... this is what i do ..... no waste. none.. Since i serve fresh fruit , alot to the dc kids.. i watch rotation. alot. if something is not getting used it frozen. .. on a cookie sheet .. washed , dried single layer. then into large ziplocks. if its a mushy fruit.. ie .. watermelon ( what the freak is up with that price OMG) i take a masher and mash everything.. freeze in popscickle molds. If i have yougurt not getting used up.. add berries.. mash, and freeze... again.. popsccle molds. ... 5.00 for a set Presidents choice brand. uber healthy.. no waste.
    Very impressive. That's the right attitude. Get downright angry about waste.
    Waste naught; want for nothing.
    My mom will even shave the skin off watermelon rinds and then boil them, before eating them. To me, that's pretty darned hard-core. However, I never had to live through the privations she likely faced in WW2.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cavendish free fries FPC: Expire august 12,2022,1 per device printable max value 5$
    https://linktr.ee/cavendish.farms?fb...MzhtkxhXQGL7hY
    click on free fries
    if it dont work here the direct promo link:
    https://share.promotionpod.com/share...IbvvaQaqueS_w8

not sure if it works for me 1 printed 3(3 computers)
    max value 5$
    IGA sell those for 4,19$

HURRY!!! It wont last long!!!
    OVER: now it is a 1$ off coupon
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jul 13th, 2022 at 02:24 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I noticed I have not so many t-shirts and my jeans are getting used,...I received an e-mail for clearance at Reitmans...I checked for fun..many t-shirts in my size where sold out but with time and being focused I found some
    4 x tshirts @7,99$ reg: 35$
    2 x tshirts @9,97$ reg : 40$
    jeans @48$ reg: 60$ they where only 20% off ..grr

taxes and free shipping
    it came at 119$ said I saved 172$... 4 tshirts have round necklace and the 2 others v

gosh I still find that expensive...I would never pay reg price..
    At least it is new clothes

Have a good day!!!
    Shipping will be longer due to covid maybe 10 days...the option to do a store pick up was unavaible.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Friendly reminder: Since it is wednesday again,dont forgot to save 4 pc offers that you are not using today.I just did mine(ground beef (100 pc points per!$) before it was 300 pc points per 1,00$ I think,that suck.... patatoes 100 pc points per 1$,mini muffins 400 pc po ints per 2,00$ and in store bread 100 pc points per 1$...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i use a insane amount of fruits and veggies per week. and its so easy to get .. busy. to let thing slide. but your right... i got angry.. i made a plan for waste. ... i am not at using watermelon rinds ... that is commitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Very impressive. That's the right attitude. Get downright angry about waste.
    Waste naught; want for nothing.
    My mom will even shave the skin off watermelon rinds and then boil them, before eating them. To me, that's pretty darned hard-core. However, I never had to live through the privations she likely faced in WW2.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Friendly reminder: Since it is wednesday again,dont forgot to save 4 pc offers that you are not using today.I just did mine(ground beef (100 pc points per!$) before it was 300 pc points per 1,00$ I think,that suck.... patatoes 100 pc points per 1$,mini muffins 400 pc po ints per 2,00$ and in store bread 100 pc points per 1$...
    Thanks Cathy- Saved my offers. And decided I am going to RCSS to buy 3 boxes of triscuits for $1.97 (pm GT) get 1500 points instore and 1200 points for my personal offer DS likes triscuits!
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. today is a home day. I am working on the top level of my house ... sounds fancy lol. the house is not huge. comfortable ... not huge.
    goal is steam clean 2 rooms. and work on my closet , as well as laundry.
    beef is in the crock pot for pulled beef dip sandwiches, coleslaw with that.
    i need to set up donation bins.
    i worked on the menu for the next 2 weeks, and the grocery list. doing a grocery run for me and my mom tomorrow. ... my grocery list has a ... watch for a good price on these items section. ....lol.

i am working on a set of goals for the next 3 months, i have a few things that are up and down as it were. but ... i can work on the small stuff.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow...some people are so selfish..I was on fb and the cavendish page pop up in my newsfeed..I readed the comment about the fpc for fries..a person litteraly glory herself on the cavendish page come on that she print 21 coupons and it iwas 1 print per device..and unique pin..she have 21 computer or what???..how she can do that..and I have respectfully printed just 3...so unrespectfull for the others ones who cannot get the coupon....compagny should find a way to limit that kind of absusing...yes abusing the compagny...she was proud of that... come on the coupon is good only for 1 month..you have 4 freezers or what..that piss me off..my little rant ...sorry..

and the spammers are back too...I did not miss that..really not... get a life
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jul 13th, 2022 at 02:35 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Costco was interesting..In a good and bad way..I will go for a nap,calm down myself and prep my chicken ,and salmon for the freezer and will tell you more after

QOTD:How do you spend in one trip at Costco???

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information