User Tag List

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was in Shoppers last night, I saw a 00 cents shelf label for a David's Tea (nuts something-it contained beets too; maybe not a hot seller?). I did not feel inclined to take a product to the product checker while leaving my cart in the grocery staples aisle.

This afternoon was the first time in a long time that I walked into the village core on my own (joint pain has been singing a melody this week) and to enjoy reading newspapers in the library (and I also was online briefly-computer browsers are still not updated). Bonus score-found a copy of the Michelle Yeoh movie that was in theatres in March on the Express DVD shelf! Guess what I will watch (almost caved for a month of Amazon Prime as Prime Video is airing the movie there too) tomorrow? Sky looked like it could snow but it did not. I saw flies-not the midges (teeny bugs of summer) but bigger ones-hovering at about waist height at one spot near a pumping station and wondered why they are even around now in the cool air? It was weird to think they are swarming--could have been a bird's buffet if any bird were to have swooped down beside my arm and had takeout to go.

Noticed a new HSR bus pad and seat/recycling/garbage unit on it on an afternoon stop that must have recently been installed. Landscaping crew for townhouse complex finally tackled the oak leaves but most of leaves were blown into one lane of street (totally illegal in Hamilton) or added to pile on sidewalk/entrance driveway. The crew had vacuumed up about 2/3 of the long pile by the time I returned on my way home. It's the only stretch of road that way without the No Parking signage but during pm rush hour, someone made a bad decision. Crew should have blown the pile on the common green spot near intersection and driven vac truck by the end unit (like last year's fencing crew did when replacing the fencing sections).

I decided not to stop for beverages on the way home as my books and order were weighing me down. Realized I have milk and cocoa at home, so I will be making hot cocoa in the morning (lots of it) for the movie viewing.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The extra large oranges on special at Food Basics are juicy but are not too sweet. Better to buy the navel oranges at Longos and get both juiciness and sweets!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight, I saw an ad for Little Caesar's Detroit-style pizza with bacon-wrapped crust. Is that worth trying or should I just avoid it? Sounds better than Chicago-style deep dish pizza to me. Not a huge fan of Little Caesar's seeded crust but I'd manage. Ancaster used to have a local Little Caesars for about 2 years then poof! it closed.

Hmm, I missed the part that the Detroit pizza was deep dish. It's also part of a holiday bundle offer on the main page.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Still struggling to be my normal morning person self. Honestly, I feel like it throws my whole day off because I feel like I am falling behind, but taking a deep breath and focusing on one task at a time.

Knocking things off the work to-do list, my big task for today cannot be done as someone else needs to do their part first and they are having technical difficulties and cannot do their part so now I wait.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and when I got home I lost track of time so plan b for dinner, we pulled Homemade Burgers from the freezer and just made Oven Fries.

I am thinking tonight's dinner will be Homemade Pizza as Mom has brought it up twice in the last 2 days. Monday it was too late to start pizza when she mentioned it and last night, since I lost track of the time it was also too late to start pizza. We are out of pizza sauce so I will have to see if Mom wants to make some or come up with a plan b for dinner.

Mom got the stock made yesterday, she wants to turn it into Chicken Soup to put in the freezer, she will do that today. She did not get her Tomato Jam made so maybe today will be pizza sauce and tomato jam, we shall see.

Need to look and see what tasks I can tackle around the house today. I did not get much done around the house yesterday so I need to make sure to tackle a few things today.

Happy Wednesday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I want/need to get my dryer vent cleaned out. I asked my family who they use and all said to add it on the next time you get your ducts cleaned but we do not have ducts.

I looked at the kits on Amazon, Home Hardware and Canadian Tire but the reviews were so, so. Has anyone used one of these kits before?

Or do you pay someone to come and do it?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -yes ceil joint pain for myself yesterday was awfull i decided to walk around the big block takes 20 minutes in total .I had to stop when i got to the hill part my knees and ankle were killing me .I struggled but finished .

I would love to go out today ,but the dropping temps have me ,i dont like driving in freezing rain .So xmas baking it is.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Since you live in a townhouse, are your dryer vents those white PVC pipes that are a few feet above ground or do you have the square shaped vent outlet that has a flap inside the "tent" part of vent and is low to the ground? We have the latter on our 50s era home. I usually manually clean the flap edges (when enough lint fluff clumps, I can see it or it's on the ground, a hint) though I should have tried the shop vac when weather was warmer. I cannot clean the the vent pipe itself (metal with swivelling parts) as Bro is the only one who can take it off or attach it. I do vac around the dryer perimeter and back (where I can reach) at least 2x per year and stick the crevice tool into the grated area where lint screen is situated. For some reason, spiders love webbing behind or beside the dryer (spider condos, I call them).

Perhaps call your appliance store and ask if their staff does dryer vent/vac cleaning services too and what rates are for your setup?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I want/need to get my dryer vent cleaned out. I asked my family who they use and all said to add it on the next time you get your ducts cleaned but we do not have ducts.

I looked at the kits on Amazon, Home Hardware and Canadian Tire but the reviews were so, so. Has anyone used one of these kits before?

Or do you pay someone to come and do it?
    Mine is completely pulled from the wall and dryer at the moment. I think my plan is to take it to the shower and spray it out and then hang it to dry. Then I will vaccuum the dryer vent at the back and in the dryer etc.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our is a Standard Setup, the dryer is in the basement and the vent is just off our deck so there are two 90-degree bends, one at the dryer and one at the wall and the pipe goes straight up.

Our outside vent is falling apart, so we are trying to get that replaced and before I get it replaced I want the vent cleaned.

I called two localish companies, the one closest to us is $149 and cannot come until mid-January. The other company could come next week but it is $125. I realize not having ducts it wouldn't be the same as family members who could add it on for $20. The prices quoted make me wonder if the do-it-yourself kits are worth a try as I can get that on Amazon for $50.

My main concern is moving the dryer, ours is up on a pedestal that is about an inch or so off the ground which makes it a little more tricky to move. Plus going up and over to clean it as I cannot pull it out far enough to just walk behind it.

A huge part of me wants to try to do it myself but I am a little scared to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @SassyAshley Since you live in a townhouse, are your dryer vents those white PVC pipes that are a few feet above ground or do you have the square shaped vent outlet that has a flap inside the "tent" part of vent and is low to the ground? We have the latter on our 50s era home. I usually manually clean the flap edges (when enough lint fluff clumps, I can see it or it's on the ground, a hint) though I should have tried the shop vac when weather was warmer. I cannot clean the the vent pipe itself (metal with swivelling parts) as Bro is the only one who can take it off or attach it. I do vac around the dryer perimeter and back (where I can reach) at least 2x per year and stick the crevice tool into the grated area where lint screen is situated. For some reason, spiders love webbing behind or beside the dryer (spider condos, I call them).

Perhaps call your appliance store and ask if their staff does dryer vent/vac cleaning services too and what rates are for your setup?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mr Wind is like Mr. Freezer today. I saw two pieces of litter in the yard and went outside in my lighter coat (for the rain but it was not raining) and no gloves. Hands felt like they could freeze if exposed for 10min. Got the litter and bagged it then got some fallen branches collected.

Mandatory tea for breakfast was had. Such a sluggish grey sky! Weather forecaster was right about she'd get our attention: tonight's low -2C but feeling like -10C! 40% chance of snow flurries. Made me happy that I finished mulching the leaves last week. Bro did another eaves cleaning yesterday because he noticed one eave was waterfalling during a rain and he said it was like he hadn't cleaned it out (did the back one too and it was full of leaves).

November 30 is here! Last day to redeem your Monopoly food prizes (rules state a time limit for each prize claim per day) or to enter the last batch of sticker codes to your card. The website will close after today!

I glanced at the digital GT flyer last night and went onto website. So many winter accessories or clothing items are not available at my store or for delivery. Definitely a buy it when you see it scenario! Will wait for tomorrow to visit local store for what's in stock.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Need a new plan for Dinner as we won't have time for pizza.

Now I am thinking Baked Tacos with Mexican Potatoes, will need to mix up the Crema so it has time to meld flavours.

Took 15 - 20 minutes this morning and went through all of my work papers. I try to be as paperless as possible but we had a few projects this year I did have to print off and the papers have been living on the couch. Now that I am crocheting again my Work Stuff and mm Crochet Stuff was all mixed together so I cleaned that up.

I have a few part crochet projects I need to finish up.

It is Wednesday which also means it is time to look at the new flyers and write our grocery list.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I need to deal with chicken in the fridge. I will spice it up and cook it in the oven now so it is done and doesn't go to waste.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just made freezer cookies ,have them in the freezer overnight then bake them .I just made a lemon ,blueberry loaf it is in the oven ,yummm with a nice cup of tea.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

The snow hit hard last night. People left work at 3:00/4:00 and didn’t get home until 3 am! (normally would take and 1-1 1/2 hours ). Some were stuck in their cars on the bridge overnight! Then some lost power too. What a mess. I’m so glad I was home and Dh works close to home and is off at 3:30.

Work was canceled for me today. Icy hills were just not worth it but that just means I’m going to have to work Saturday if the storm that’s supposed to come Friday is cleared up. It’s a wet sloppy mess now since it’s warmed up but a deep freeze is called for tonight so yay for skating rink road’s tomorrow.

Just doing laundry and making lasagnas for dinner and the freezer.

Question? Do you cook your lasagna first then freeze one freeze it uncooked?

The dryer calls me.

Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , I always freeze my lasagna uncooked. I have found Cook Lasagna can go a little mushy when it cooks because the freezing process adds moisture.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information