Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: February 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy February!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    harbie, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

haha -beat me to the punch .I thought nobody has posted a feb thread yet .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    haha -beat me to the punch .I thought nobody has posted a feb thread yet .
    just thought I better post it before tomorrow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

February Goals:

Have bedroom completely decluttered. Dressers/closet etc.
    Continue eating from the freezer/cupboard.
    Empty spare room.

That should keep us busy!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Frugalbigmama for starting the February thread.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well enbridge rates just went up an extra $11.00 this month -what isnt going up.

I just made tapioka pudding -yummm .I remember my dear mom making this when i was younger.Supper was leftover chicken ,mashed potatoes and broccoli.Trying not to waste any food .

I was gonna go for a walk but changed my mind after i got my mail too chilly.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

*************Dont forgot to save 4 pc offers **************
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Question about Ensure coupons/ cheques. I posted in the coupon section but have received a response. Since these Ensures have my name on them does that mean someone else can’t use them? It’s been years since I’ve received these and can’t remember.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

After work today Dh and I will finish our January financial review. Other than work there’s not much going on.

Have a great day everyone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I did see the other post you made about the Ensure coupons @harbie but much like you I have no clue anymore as it has been years since I've received any. Initially I signed up so I could pass them along to my Mom, but that ship has sailed. Hope someone on here knows if you can trade them?

These nasty bitter cold temps are sure helping me to stay thrifty. No going out usually means no spending.....unless I get the urge to " add to cart " online for something.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Good start to a new month! Frugal February!
    Working from home today so already made my coffee. Breakfast will be oatmeal with almond milk and a banana.

Oldest DS stopped by last night and I filled up a bag of groceries for him. Yogurt, eggs, butter, loaf of bread, 2 peppers, coffee creamer and OJ.
    Happy to have all that out of my fridge!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday but I did shovel 80% of the driveway for a bit of fresh air and a stretch. I will hit the gym after I drop DS off at work tonight.

DS moved the futon out of the spare room yesterday so I can totally empty it now! Will move the Christmas wrap box under his bed.

Have a wonderful day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Getting all of the work things done this morning.

Yesterday I had to go into the branch to work with a new staff member, on the way I stopped at the Post Office and picked up my parcel, my new Countertop Cheese Grater came in. I was a little disappointed as it is on sale this week but I actually save more using free shipping on $25 then buying it on sale because to get it now I would have to spend $75 for free shipping, pay $12 in shipping or drive 45 minutes to an hour to get it.

I also ran into No Frills and grabbed Mushrooms as we were completely out, no idea how that happened. I checked for more Mini Cucumbers but they did not have any, oh well.

After work, I ran to Walmart and Dollarama and since I was in the area ran into Food Basics for Milk. I would never drive to Food Basics for just Milk but since I was in that area anyways.

At Dollarama I was looking for Cleaning Supplies. I have not had to buy Cleaning Supplies in so long but when I looked at the price recently WOW they have gone up in price. I have been watching sales but the sales seem very meh, $0.25 off a bottle. They were out of microfiber clothes, I wanted another pack, will check another location another day. I did get a Microfiber produce bag I want to try and some scrubbing brushes for some of my upcoming deep cleaning. I do not feel bad if I ruin a brush that came in a 3-pack and cost $1.25 for all three.

At Walmart I grabbed a Dishwasher and Washing Machine Cleaner, each pack came with 3 tabs in it so we are set for a while. I did not get a lot at Walmart but pretty much everything I grab was $10 so I quickly spent $50. I also got more oregano pills, Rolaids for Mom (these were on rollback for $3.97 so I grabbed her 2 bottles), and 2 of the 3-pack of Peppers that are on sale for $1.87.

I have some deep cleaning planned for this weekend.

Happy Wednesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Went for a 13 minute walk around small block then over to mailbox -too chilly for me .It did feel good thou ,but my knees were too sore to go further.

Just put an order in well.ca ,i havent shopped online since dec25.They sent me 10% off code awhile back .I saved $5.88.I got my eucerin tub (large one this time)on sale this stuff is great for chapped lips ,knees ,hands ,feet and my face i have a dry spot on my chin .Plus decided to buy a bar soap for my hair all the reviews stated it was great for stimulating your scalp from the notice company ,5 items in total.

I cant start a new puzzle yet(need the dining room table)as my daughter called last night and we will celebrate sons birthday next weekend (early ).My sons birthday is the end of the month but when ever we can all get together we will.

Off to wash the sheets.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lunch time finally! Starving. Bad habit of not stopping for lunch when working from home.

The snow is still lightly falling. Shoveled the driveway earlier so at least that is done.

Not cooking tonight- all on the go busy with work/activities so fend for yourself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ms. Sunshine has been fairly beaming most of the day today-enough motivation to walk to library today! Then found out no Internet for almost all computers (Mac one in use by someone doing a media transfer) for about two hours, though about 3 computers were in use by people. Around 1:30pm decided to try for third time and noticed most signs are off the computers and they are all saying AVAILABLE! Win-win. I will definitely take the bus to Walmart after a 3hour Internet session, get some photos printed off then enjoy that chai latte and head home before dark (I hope).

Youtube DIY videos-Bro found a video on how to access the blower motor/sensor in the dryer (just over 4 years old). He found a lot of dust on the motor, causing the clunking sound. Sensor dust-that's why loads of past 5 weeks seemed half-wet at end of cycles. Then he had me find a top-mount freezer fridge (our appliance is just over 9 yrs old) video (we watched 3-2 were for exact models as we had and 1 was like the older fridge (Moffat) we had in late 1990s to 2013) on fixing leaks. Guess what? a backed up drain (i.e. ice in drain tray plus stuff in drain spout) can cause the water issue I've been posting about since October-water under crispers plus on back wall of fridge and on shelves. Bro fixed that problem yesterday morning (one needs a 1/4" socket driver and I would not have known where Bro would have his tool-he has too many)-there was a dead insect and icky stuff in the drain spout too. He spent too much time vacuuming back of fridge (he removed the lower cardboard cover socketed on at the back bottom) that I reminded him to pack up as it was about the time Mom needed the kitchen. Several minutes later he finished but I managed to retrieve dry laundry from basement to iron as I could not get to my room (fridge blocked hallway on my side of kitchen).

Jack Monroe was correct when she said that more expensive canned goods come with rings (Tim Horton's soups and Stagg Chili, based on my Monday grocery shop) but not cheaper tins (i.e. Campbell's Italian Wedding Soup). I bought 2 dry soups to add to liquids for later in the week plus lentils to make curried lentils. The tinned soups were yesterday's and today's morning choices (felt very hungry today) for breakfasts. Think tonight I will make one batch of carrot muffins to have on hand for snacking or tomorrow's breakfast. If no one has sliced the celery bunch in the fridge, I'll roast half of it after chopping along with an apple to have some cooked stuff on hand.

Last night I added my Monday purchases to my January expenses page and told myself to stop pricey impulse buying. $25 at Winners would have been fine but I spent $51+. Still going for my chai latte tonight-I've waited so long for one. Will get 4 photos printed-here's hoping it's still 52 cents per print and not more! I should see what I need to budget for new spring coat for April. I probably won't find a $30 deal again--my Winners store has very little coat selection over past three years (Winners was source of the last jacket I bought in 2017). Definitely not budgeting $200+ for a Guess jacket though that model last year did get marked down but my size was long sold out.

Feb 1-Winners won't offer free bags at store as of today (got to pay 99 cents if you don't BYOBag) and I saw an article that Loblaws as of yesterday is doing away with single-use plastic bags too...

I was leafing through the Sobeys flyer and noticed mention of Nestles Breakfast Essentials beverages...I could have liked knowing that info in December when I wanted to redeem a product coupon!

Really expecting to see Chapstick and Vileda Scrunge coupons this month! They are needed.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information