User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: February 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am waiting to see if I will have my 2 missing points offers before posting a brag.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Disney+ will stream Wakanda Forever as of today. I personally would love to see it but budgetwise, I'd like to get a month of Disney+ in April, when presumably all 8 or so episodes of The Mandalorian season 3 will be available. Bro has access to Paramount Plus for now but I will end it before March 31 so I don't pay for a subscription after nearly 3 months free. I'd like to think that some gift card deals will surface in early April (discounted preferably as I'm not using most points loyalty programs) to snag a Disney+ card deal.

I did read that there is a cheaper Netflix Canada subscription of $5.99/month but it's contingent on accepting ads as part of the membership deal. Has anyone tried the ad version to save $ on Netflix Canada?

Youtube-would love to see it ad free but it's fun watching French videos and then getting French ads appearing! It irks my Brother but neither one of us is willing to pay $17.99/mo for ad-free Youtube, main channel of interest at home, followed by Tubi/Roku Channel then Paramount Plus.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Earned $$$ from work today.

Received 3 of the $10 Danone/Sobeys gift cards from Dec promo.

Saved $25 and change when I stocked up on my stash tea that’s on sale at save on foods.

Saved $10 on my diesel fill up with AM plus got 3C off/L using my BCAA member.

My partial Amazon order came today and I saved more than 50% on my shampoo from when I purchase it at a salon (isn’t sold in stores and the company website is in USD plus they charge shipping).

All in all I think it was a pretty productive day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! It's almost Friday .
    We are expecting snow/wind /white outs.

I made DS a lunch and then he said he needed to eat before school so I was nice and made him a Toasted bagel with egg and cheese to eat on the way to school. A bagel out of the freezer

I made an amazon order yesterday and used one of my VISA prepaid GC's I received years ago from work. Happy to have used part of that and will use the balance this week at the grocery store so it is not lost/wasted.
    Ordered a travel crossbody sport bag. Will be great for the summer when hiking/exploring small towns etc. And now I have it for my next trip.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love to be able to SCOP but find some stores are changing their rules on the fly or just now adhering to the real rules?

I always thought if an item was on sale (on the shelf or in the flyer) and it scanned in wrong it was a SCOP.

Today FreshCo staff told me no that has not been the case for 3 years now even though I know I have in the past weeks done just that.
    They are saying that even if the date is not yet expired for the sale item they are only obligated to honour the sale price and not a SCOP and only SCOP if on a regularly priced item.
    I know they did otherwise recently but I suspect some words from above have come down to say screw the consumer even more.

Oh well... at least they still price match. For now ....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Goodboy -i feel i had this talk with freshco last year.I feel it may not be on sale price items anymore..

I made $59.97 in total from scoop last yr and most was from regular prices increasing from walmart and no frills .Example bread in dec on shelf reg price was around 3.17 then the scanner rang up 3.49 so i got scoop at walmart,cashier said they were in process of changing tags on items .

If this helps any ,i remember asking in shoppers once and she said no as it was on sale .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am waiting on stuff for work so making good use of my time to get other stuff done.

Put a load of laundry in the washer and will hang it to dry. Moving stuff out of the spare room.
    I think I will putty fill the holes with putty today and sand it tomorrow.
    Found new curtains (my sister gave to me) so hung them up in the closet till needed.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2023 at 02:56 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing your experiences. At least I know it is not just my store and I guess they are finally doing it correctly after years of doing it wrong - to my benefit! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Goodboy -i feel i had this talk with freshco last year.I feel it may not be on sale price items anymore..

I made $59.97 in total from scoop last yr and most was from regular prices increasing from walmart and no frills .Example bread in dec on shelf reg price was around 3.17 then the scanner rang up 3.49 so i got scoop at walmart,cashier said they were in process of changing tags on items .

If this helps any ,i remember asking in shoppers once and she said no as it was on sale .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to shoppers for seniors day spent over 50.00 so got a 10.00 promo card for next time .I am noticing the prices creeping up and shrinkage happening .Boy the lays chips is so tiny the bag (not the family size but one under it).I mean i love paying $4.55 for my milk with seniors discount and my eggs were 3.19.

I also still look at clearance and i got a "monday" brand conditioner reg 9.99 on for 4.99 .I will try it.

I didnt have any coupons to use but got .10 back from caddle and 3.00 from checkout51

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check your PCO offers if you have a No Frills nearby and check their flyer. I have a "for each SnapD crackers purchased get 3000 points" and the NF Flyer has 1000 points per purchase (total 4000 points per item) and they are on sale (at least in my flyer) for $3.99. I also have 2xbuy 2 save $2.50 coupons from Kelloggs (printable). Sadly my store did not have the SnapD but maybe you will have better luck!

I did manage to get Tums at 4.77 each (PM WM) regular price 9.99 and had a 2.00 off coupon and a PCO offer. All taken into account each tums was $2.97 each down from $9.99 regular price.

Also got Milk PM Metro for 3.49 regular 5.69 x 2 and Roma Tomatoes PM Longos for 1.79 vs 2.99/lb

Finally there was a fiasco with the NF Hauler again today where there was no coupon for a free Mars/Snickers bar due to technical issue. I DMed them and they gave me gratis 1500 PC points.

All in all a good day
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2023 at 02:59 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@GoodBoy , I find stores always find their own way to interrupt rules.

Last year I had Rona Head Office telling me I could return an item but the store refused the return and was told the store can override Head Office.

My No Frills produce has to be from the same country to be price matched but that seems to only be some No Frills.

For those who shop at RCSS, I saw a post on IG that someone posted their RCSS is also doing the same for produce when price matching, that it has to be from the same country. They were told it is Loblaw's Policy.
    harbie, barbis9, GoodBoy and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out to Food Basics to get the Silk beverage. Apples and clementines (one missing so $1.50!!)
    Then GT for hamburger buns for dinner

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This kind of surprised me to see:

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/ne...162738722.html

We do not buy a lot of their products but I know many of my co-workers do
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -i love the stouffers lasagna ,as hubby doesnt like lasagna and this is the right size for just me .I will look to try and buy a few more .

lilo-just to let you know i got an email from checkout51 that my check is in the mail .I cashed out dec 26/22 so a whole month and a bit later.Maybe it will happen for you soon.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    This kind of surprised me to see:

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/ne...162738722.html

We do not buy a lot of their products but I know many of my co-workers do
    so odd @SassyAshley when I got that in my news feed this morning I too was surprised by it. I suppose the good thing is no jobs would be lost in Canada because the products are not made here.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information