User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS2 is unexpectedly home for the weekend. He has the flu so better to be at home where mom can take care of him than in residence. He asked for the Lipton chicken noodle soup and he has not eaten that in years so I am just putting my grocery list together. There are very few deals to be had out there.
    I agree on the take out and dining in is worse once you add the tip. If it’s the 4 of us and often my father in law even Swiss chalet is over $140.00. I just can’t get my head around it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , hope your DS feels better soon.

Yes, it was a slow week for deals, although my store had a few good unadvertised sales. I find lately I sometimes find my best deals walking up and down the aisles and just looking to see if the tag is Yellow. My store does not mark clearance or mark down they just put a sale tag on it.
    harbie and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yes the prices are insane @SassyAshley and @lilo0003 we ended up with 1 pesto pasta, 1 large pizza (8 slices) and a Caesar salad for a total of $79.10 with tip!. I nearly had a stroke. I told Dh we won’t be doing that anytime soon.
    @Frugalbigmama I used to love salt and while I never had high sodium levels I decided to really watch it since it’s in everything and now it doesn’t take much for everything to taste like a salt lick! My tastebuds have evolved.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    DS2 is unexpectedly home for the weekend. He has the flu so better to be at home where mom can take care of him than in residence. He asked for the Lipton chicken noodle soup and he has not eaten that in years so I am just putting my grocery list together. There are very few deals to be had out there.
    I agree on the take out and dining in is worse once you add the tip. If it’s the 4 of us and often my father in law even Swiss chalet is over $140.00. I just can’t get my head around it.
    yup, @lilo0003 the whole Swiss Chalet thing used to be a favourite splurge of ours but unless DS offers to treat the 3 of us it isn't happening. We had that last week on Monday and it cost him just over $76.00 ( no tip ).
    Went through Drive Through. We had 3 of the 1/4 chx ( white meat ) dinners, 1 x Spring Rolls and 1 x perogies. Total rip off!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I used to love salt and while I never had high sodium levels I decided to really watch it since it’s in everything and now it doesn’t take much for everything to taste like a salt lick! My tastebuds have evolved.
    Too true. Too much salt is one reason I don't eat out much. I even try to limit anything pre-packaged, since any industrial processes use salt. It's the hidden salt/sodium you don't taste.

There was a recent Marketplace episode documenting the staggering amount of salt found in supposedly healthier restaurant options. One interesting thing they noted was that restaurants want people to eat and enjoy their food, so they salt/season it thoroughly. However, the level may please the tastebuds, it doesn't help the body. Unfortunately, if they don't salt the food, customers will not like their food as much and may not come back. A truly Catch-22 situation.
    harbie, endi2000 and lilo0003 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

yep take out is so expensive..I need to reinvent my cooking and try news recepies for a change
    It is my birthday tomorrow..nothing really planned..just a relaxing day
    grr dad got a city ticket of 48$ for the night parking...because their site we have to subscribe just suck and not working properly....for the snow advertisment and the rules of parking changed,I am not happy.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jan 14th, 2023 at 03:56 PM.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lilo0 03: I hope your DS will feel better soon
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0 03 hope your DS gets better soon.

My household hardly ever get take out since Covid and we did not visit a restaurant either but we always preferred homemade food.

My deal today was the Avocado at No frills . I was able to PM with RCSS so lots of avocado at my house.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Very happy to still have a pretty stocked freezer.The sales in the flyers are not good to my taste this week..And price of meat is insane...Maxi have a 1$ sale but not really things we purchase....
    Honnestly seing crazy prices in flyers discourage me....
    Doing the grocery now is not a pleasure..just a obligation to eat...
    But on a good note I see a 3 packs of romaine salad. this week at superc 2,77$ iga at 2,99$

Anyone feeling the same about grocery???
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jan 14th, 2023 at 08:25 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a wonderful birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    yep take out is so expensive..I need to reinvent my cooking and try news recepies for a change
    It is my birthday tomorrow..nothing really planned..just a relaxing day
    grr dad got a city ticket of 48$ for the night parking...because their site we have to subscribe just suck and not working properly....for the snow advertisment and the rules of parking changed,I am not happy.
    harbie, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

If you have a printer,I am working on refreshing the coupons sections with new coupons.Take a look
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@GoodBoy : thank you so much

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 Happy Birthday, Hope you have a wonderful day.

I will say, I find Grocery shopping a little more challenging now and realize I cannot miss a sale because you never know when the next sale will come. I am not sure what we would do if we did not have our Stockpile and Freezers as they allow us to stock up and keep the costs down.

But I will also say, I know I am paying a bit more but there are some meats we buy from Costco because their quality is next level and in the end, I feel it does work out cheaper so that covers a lot of our meats. I find their meats are butchered better so there is less waste, I find with certain cuts from the grocery store we had to re-butcher the meats at home and the amount I was throwing out was sad since you pay by the lb.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Did not get as much done yesterday as I had planned. It was Mom's bday so we spent most of the day Binge Watching The Challenge, I have become slightly obsessed with this show. I recorded the week-long marathon after Christmas, at one point we had almost 100 episodes on the PVR as of last night we are down to 55. But we are missing some seasons like last night we finished season 31 and it jumped to season 36. I have found some of the seasons online once our PVR is clear.

The good news is, I did not have a ton to get done this weekend so I should be able to knock it all out today and still be on top of everything.

Alright, I need to get going, hoping if I focus I can knock it all out in a couple of hours.

Oh and I need to figure out dinner, I did finish our meal plan yesterday. I went down the Pinterest rabbit hole and found a bunch of new recipes to try plus some recipes that popped up reminded me of some of our favs I added to our meal plan. I am excited.

Happy Sunday.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

What do you use to wash your produce?

I have always used some vinegar but now I see more and more people using Baking Soda. Which do you use?

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information