User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1262Likes

Thread: September 2023 Frugal chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Hard to imagine it’s here but hello September
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @lilo0003 for starting the thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Diverted 4x pounds of opened chick peas, split peas, and barley from the landfill and into my pantry.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 Thank you for starting the September thread.

How is it September already???? I feel like I lost most of July and most of August, I truly feel like it should be like August 10th. In my mind, I still have so much time to get my August goals complete, guess those are moving to September.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am still in denial that it is September 1st.

I did not sleep well last night, I could not fall asleep, and when I woke up this morning I had no idea what day it was. Originally when I woke up I thought "Oh no, I slept in," then my brain went "No, it is Sunday, we are good." quickly followed by "Hang on, no, that is not right." The good news was it was 6:50, I now remember turning off my 5 a.m. alarm but I do not remember my 6 a.m. alarm going off. The best news is, it is a work-from-home day so I have 30 second commute down the stairs.

I need a break from work, it has been an insane day, nothing I need to get done is getting done but the day-to-day is insane today. But I needed to walk away so I have the microfibre cloths in the washer now.

I am also thinking of trying to strip our towels this weekend without actually soaking them. I truly miss having a top-load washer and our next washer will be a top-load. Our towels have a bit of a smell but since I do not have a top load I cannot soak them in the washer. Unless I soak them in the bathtub and then try to carry wet towels down 2 flights of stairs I have nowhere to let them soak. So I am hoping the options I found online for a no-soak method will work.

I kind of feel like I am a bit overwhelmed right when it comes to my house, there is just so much to get done and I feel like every time I turn around there is something new to add to the to-do list. So I have high hopes for this weekend but we will see. Both the Bathroom and Kitchen need a good deep cleaning, scrubbing cabinets and walls, the basement is a Wasp graveyard that needs to be cleaned up. I can do it, I can do it, I am just going to keep telling myself that.

We were hoping Opa would be released today but it looks like the hospital is hesitant, they want to keep him but my family is pushing for release since he will have care at home. He has two live-in caregivers who were hired to take care of Oma (she actually had 3) and when she passed Opa kept 2 on to help him realizing he was getting older. So we will see.

Happy Friday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I managed to leave work early today and went paddling. The weekend looks too windy so I was happy to get out today. Saturday morning I will do groceries and then we are off to my moms after lunch. We stored my in-laws teak dining table there having no clue what we were going to do with it. It’s going to Nova Scotia for the new house. The chairs were beyond saving so we will look to replace them but having the table will be nice and I don’t plan to send my table out so this is perfect.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had such great plans for today and expected at this time to have a number of things checked off my list but nope. I woke up at 4:30 and just was not ready to start my day so I went back to bed and slept til 8:30. Now, I am having a bit of a slow morning.

After this past week, I am 100% ready for fall but looks like summer is coming back. I have really been enjoying the cooler temps and wish they were with us this weekend. I wanted to do some deep cleaning but since we do not have Central Air some of the areas I wanted to deep clean might be a little too warm. Like the Bathroom, since I steam it before I clean it and the AC does not cool this room, it may or may not happen. This is partially why I wanted to get started early today so I could knock out the cleaning before the heat came.

I really need to put some focus into meal planning, our meals have been off the past week because we keep eating at odd times which is throwing our schedules off. We keep eating late dinners and most nights we have been making two different meals. We need to get back on a "normal" schedule and have proper planned out meals not "Oh no, it is 6:30, what are we going to eat?"

Yesterday well I was working I washed the Microfiber Clothes. Plus I did a random load of laundry, there are a bunch of clothes in the basement that need to be washed and sorted into keep, toss, donate. I always wash clothes before I donate them but when I refuse to use the dryer which means everything gets hung to dry. Today I need to see if everything is dry, if it is I will sort it and wash another load.

Kitchen was also cleaned except for the hand dishes but to be honest, there really were not a lot of hand dishes. I need to get back on track with emptying the dishwasher after it is run. The last few times it has sat full of clean dishes for a couple of days and honestly, I feel like nothing is right in the world when the kitchen is a mess.

Happy Saturday Everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Beautiful start to the day!

I went to RCSS this morning to try PMing the Sunlight Laundry deal. Wanted to go to the store before it was crazy in case the deal didn't work out and I would have to leave it behind (and not be embarrassed lol). She did the PM to No Frills no problem and the instore coupon took the entire price off ($7.99) My store said it was $10 coupon so guessing since the price entered was for less then the $10 it just took that amount off. Anyway the total was $0 and the front end manager approved it so I walked out with 4 bottles of Sunlight for $0. (I'm not a huge fan of it but for what I thought was going to be $1.99 each I was going to not complain. Free is even better!)

Breakfast finished- Coffee and eggs and toast. Tidy kitchen and then I should put some laundry on.

Back of my SUV is clean. Just need to clean the back seat. (Costco returns and shopping bins/bags)

Dinner last night was Grilled garlic shrimp skewers, corn on the cob and Greek salad. Tonight dinner out with a friend. Tomorrow night dinner out with family for DS's birthday. He wants to try lobster so lobster it is! (and steak!).

Well better get rolling! Want to get some stuff done before enjoying the day outside!
    Have a safe long weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning. We’re back from our beach vacation. Actually we came back on Wednesday but work called

We had a glorious time at the beach. Beautiful weather allowed us to do our yoga outside with a stunning ocean view. It was quite literally the best yoga classes I’ve done. We even had a huge thunderstorm with tons of the most brilliant lightning show. It was really beautiful to experience it over the ocean.

While away and shopping for groceries I was able to get a couple os SCOP’s .

WM had Jamison vitamins $11.97 rang up at $18.44= FREE * went back the next day and did it again because they hadn’t removed the incorrect price but yay for me

Thrifty’s had vegan salad dressing for $6.99 (cheapest I’ve ever seen is $8.49). It rang up at $9.49 and somehow ended up getting BOTH FREE . Too bad I didn’t grab more .

Work is a bit up in the air for the beginning of September but I’m going to see if I can fill some of these empty days with other clients. Then it’s off for a long ish weekend Sept 15th. Dh is taking a week off but I’m going to continue to work since it’s actually a slow week and I like the $$$$

Off for a walk before the heat ramps up here and going to try to plan what I’m doing for my fall garden. Definitely lots of garlic again.

Oh ya, and it’s bedding wash day

Have a fantastic long weekend everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon had both my kids and grandkids here yesterday to celebrate my daughter's 41st.We had baked potatoes on the bbq along with corn from a farmers market and chicken breasts.

Today sebastian went with his dad at 1.00 p.m so relaxing now as daughter went off to winners to look for work clothes.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH and I drove down to my moms to get the dining table and we too her to lunch so supper was just a cheapie thin crust pizza as neither of us was too hungry. We stopped at a bigger No Frills to get groceries. DH had some great offers so we spent 86.00 and received 14000 PCO. I also submitted my receipt to websaver. I always forget to check and yet it’s such an easy program. The real score was the Flashfood offer. I picked up 5 kg of skinless chicken breast for 12.00 I deboned it and then froze it. I did not need it but for that price I could not ignore it.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday did not go as planned, I woke up with my jaw and cheekbone hurting and I knew it was my sinuses, it wasn't bad so I took some sinus meds and thought that would be it. Nope as the day went on the pain went into my ear and my jaw started hurting more.

The Good News is feeling better today, my ear still hurts a little but that may I took my allergy pill so that may help.

Yesterday I got some tidying up done but no deep cleaning was done.

By the afternoon I was pretty much done so we watched movies and I set up my September Bullet Journal. I kind of gave up part way through August, it was not about the actual journal but more that I felt like no matter how hard I tried I could not get things back on track. I was skipping meals, I wasn't getting things done but it is a new month, a fresh start, time to reset and reorganize.

Last night I made Lasagna for dinner, I have been craving it for a few days and had planned to make it on Thursday but that did not happen. So last night was Lasgana, Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad. But now that leads to the never-ending question of "What's for dinner tonight?"

Let's see if I can knock out a few things before the heat rolls in today, we are under a heat warning.

Happy Sunday Everyone.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm with Sassy-over the heat. Want to post two gift card offers but wind affects wifi signals. Walmart has digital flyer egc $10 offer when you spend $50 onGiftJoy or AnyGift gcs ending onSept 13. H&Megc ends tomorrow onegc purchases ex.$5egc wis $50egc. If someone can post offers in the gift cards deal thread...🙂got to gofiretruck noise...see you next Thurs.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The bathroom has been scrubbed down, did I deep clean it no, not today. Today is more of a get something the things done vs., getting all of the things. I knew if I deep cleaned the bathroom that is all I would get done today. Cleaning the walls and ceiling always kills my back and shoulder.

I still need to do the floors but I might save that until after I clean the hallway and then I can do it all in one shot.

Then I went down to the basement and moved everything out of the pantry so I could clean the floor. Everything has been moved to the other room and the floor has been cleaned, I vacuumed up the few wasps that were in that room and scrubbed the floor.

Now I need to bring everything back and put it away, once the pantry is done, I will tackle the other room that one is going to be a lot of work.

Another load of laundry has been washed and is now hanging to dry. I still need to sort the load I took off the rack it is on the dryer waiting for me.

By then I had worked up a good sweat, our basement is so warm, I think it is the dehumidifier which sounds weird. But, it wasn't running when I went down as it needed to be emptied and the basement wasn't bad but after I emptied it and it kicked in, the basement got very warm.

I took a shower and now I have the towels in the washer, I will wash them twice, once with vinegar and once with baking soda to try to get rid of the smell.

Now it is time for lunch, I am starving.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    The bathroom has been scrubbed down, did I deep clean it no, not today. Today is more of a get something the things done vs., getting all of the things.
    Well done. Breaking a large task down into a series of smaller ones is often a good way of getting everything done, in time.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information